bottle of blood and blood contract as a non antag

subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

bottle of blood and blood contract as a non antag

Post by subject217 » #454495

Bottom post of the previous page:

making this thread to get this on record.

the "last policy thread" has notoriously wishy washy kor phaeron saying that they are always okay to use as non antag. however the rule that myself and many other people admins and players alike knew was that at some point this was backtracked on and you could use the contract but not the blood bottle. apparently though this isn't written down anywhere, so what do we think of this? I think that the blood bottle should just be removed from the code, to be honest.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: bottle of blood and blood contract as a non antag

Post by Nilons » #457157

somerandomguy wrote:
Nilons wrote:
Ispiria wrote:In case anyone was unaware, the bottle sells for a whole lot through cargo. I might be misremembering, but I think it's worth like 30,000 credits? That's enough to instantly unlock a few shuttles, a couple crates of pizza or even buy a null crate. The only options for the bottle aren't "use if you're antag or toss into lava if you're not".
giving the qm a null crate to play with is not a reward
Buying a null crate for yourself is
good luck doing that without getting swarmed by cargo techs/qm while it gets there on the shuttle
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #457166

Cobby wrote:> kills one of the hardest mobs in the game
>> just so you can give it to cargo
IT’S YOUR DEPARTMENT YOU SELFISH PRICK
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #457181

confused rock wrote:
Fuck cargo every shift these guys waste my hard earned money on corgis, null crates, or Tesla grief. Don't play dumb you know that making a Tesla running on cargos APC to contain it will get loose. It always does every shift. Yet just like lavaland xenos you don't get banned for causing this chain of events because the reaction is out of your control. If I could stand out of your house with a bat and not get arrested when I swing it at you because the reaction of you getting a concussion was out of my control that'll be great. Lastly let me save up for the bicycle, it's expensive but it plays pokemon music so it's worth it. That is all, once more fuck cargo. It's so greedy yet so wasteful. Have a good one
► Show Spoiler
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #457463

confused rock wrote:
If I wanted to give them money i'd just mine safely instead of fight the big scary boss though, boss fighting isn't in a vacuum lol
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #457549

Shadowflame909 wrote:
confused rock wrote:
Fuck cargo every shift these guys waste my hard earned money on corgis, null crates, or Tesla grief. Don't play dumb you know that making a Tesla running on cargos APC to contain it will get loose. It always does every shift. Yet just like lavaland xenos you don't get banned for causing this chain of events because the reaction is out of your control. If I could stand out of your house with a bat and not get arrested when I swing it at you because the reaction of you getting a concussion was out of my control that'll be great. Lastly let me save up for the bicycle, it's expensive but it plays pokemon music so it's worth it. That is all, once more fuck cargo. It's so greedy yet so wasteful. Have a good one
Fuck mining every shift these guys make me waste research points and then fuck off to get shit like wizard items, guardian spirits, better meds than medbay can *ever* make, actual free antag, noslowdown hardsuitz, actual wizard, the ability to literally make someone valid. Don’t play dumb you know that you’ll never share and nobody can ever nerf lavaland because kor worked sooooooooooo hard on it. You’re the only job to be so disconnected they’re literally off z level every shift, where you can’t even reach from space. Yet just like the miner who cremated me for tabling him twice you don’t get banned for causing the ash drake to get on station because the reaction is out of control since the monsters are balanced for a kinetic accelerator. If I could swing a bat at you and actually hurt someone who spend 20 minutes and got the best defense in the game that’ll be great. Lastly let me save the blood bottle, if you want a bicycle you have to actually help pay for it. That is all, once more fuck lavaland. It’s so powergamey yet so detailed. Have a good one.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #457729

Cobby wrote:
confused rock wrote:
If I wanted to give them money i'd just mine safely instead of fight the big scary boss though, boss fighting isn't in a vacuum lol
t. removal and nerfing of ore exports pr maker
you can't have your cake and eat it too cobby
also if you give the cargo men fat stacks they'll give you some fun gear usually
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #457830

Can you link the PR? If I did try to remove/nerf ore exports it was quite a while ago... UPDATE: I had a PR in early 2017 where it gave diminishing returns on items (including ore), but even then stated plasma would always be in demand. Is that what you're referring to?

The post you quoted is trying to explain that if the only benefit a nonantag can have to fighting a boss is getting epic dosh for cargo, they're just going to take the safe route (aka not fight the boss). I don't take issue at all with ore exports, even if you removed ore exports entirely, miners are not going to fight the boss on cargo's behalf, they'll just mine for their own points and leave cargo to their own devices.

If you give the cargo men fat stacks they MIGHT will give you SOME fun gear, but they'll definitely have first pick.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #457832

didnt cargo bounties make plasma not in the form of coins (Thanks to being able to put plasma coins into IDs now) useless anyways.
► Show Spoiler
Booktower
Byond Username: Booktower

Post by Booktower » #460369

The credits are hardly relevant, and 30k isn't much. If cargo wants fat stacks they'll just use the current exploit of the month. Before bounties you could just export ores like plasma, or adamantium, for easy cash. And now we have economy, with things like the science budget card(what the fuck guys, come on). I was afraid the days of ordering 20 nulls were over with bounties but economy and coin printing made money abundant again. Cargo credits is kind of like illegal tech was for a while, always exploited in some way or another.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #460381

Well, this may just end up being a code problem. As bubblegum is undergoing some serious potential buffs currently that'll make him harder to kill.
► Show Spoiler
ghostecho
Byond Username: GhostEchoe

Post by ghostecho » #463739

Just a quick injection to the Bubblegum is easy bit
I can consistently kill him without an explorer suit and just a PKA and plasmacutter, its easy to avoid being hit and avoiding blood as long as some fucking idiot doesnt listen to you and tries to "help"