Malf AI getting purged and loses its law 1 is still antag?

Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Malf AI getting purged and loses its law 1 is still antag?

Post by Virtual John » #456828

I couldn't find a thread on here regarding this particular issue, and if there is I apologise.

There was a round several days back where a roundstart malf AI got targeted and hit with a purge module and got reapplied with an ASIMOV lawset. Normally purge does squat to law zero, but in this instance they lost their law zero and got stuck with ASIMOV. The bug is currently being looked at, but until my question is: should a malf AI who lost its law zero still be considered an antag, as it has access to the traitor panel still, or should they roll with the punch and follow the ASIMOV ruleset despite the traitor panel?

Personally, I'm for the opinion they should keep their traitor status, even if it will look weird on the end screen, showing them as having no law zero.
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Re: Malf AI getting purged and loses its law 1 is still antag?

Post by Malkraz » #456830

Did the end screen still show them in the list of traitors?
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #456831

If the outcome of this discussion is that you can legitimately un-traitor a malf AI by purging it and re-asimoving it, I give it roughly 30 minutes after the decision is made before people start doing it as a routine thing.

I think it allows for far more creative shenanigans if a malf AI is able to talk a traitor accomplice into purging their laws and reapplying while still remaining traitor, for the purposes of being able to say "of course I'm not a traitor, you can card me and check if you don't believe me" - with the obvious risk that said AI is vulnerable to being fucked over, betrayed, or ratted out by said accomplice.
Virtual John
Byond Username: Virtual John

Post by Virtual John » #456832

I cannot remember off the top of my head, but I do remember that opening up their traitor panel still showed them as having their objectives.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #456849

Screemonster wrote:If the outcome of this discussion is that you can legitimately un-traitor a malf AI by purging it and re-asimoving it, I give it roughly 30 minutes after the decision is made before people start doing it as a routine thing.

I think it allows for far more creative shenanigans if a malf AI is able to talk a traitor accomplice into purging their laws and reapplying while still remaining traitor, for the purposes of being able to say "of course I'm not a traitor, you can card me and check if you don't believe me" - with the obvious risk that said AI is vulnerable to being fucked over, betrayed, or ratted out by said accomplice.
Wait, so if I'm understanding this right. It's sort of like triggerable amnesia.

It would go like this.
>Be traitor malfunctioning ai
>Get purged and get Asimov laws
>As soon as they lose the Asimov laws they can go back to being traitorous and can literally murderbone everyone, even though they have no laws inciting them to do so
>If they get new laws, but they still don't tell them not to murder people. Last statement applies.

Something like this?
► Show Spoiler
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Post by Ispiria » #456858

"Because of what is very definitely and obviously a bug which goes against the intended design of the game your antag round is over now"?

No, that really doesn't sound right. Worst case scenario, though, the AI should ahelp it so an admin can re-add the law zero just to avoid confusion at round end.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #456869

Hey, just wanted to mention a few things;

The bug (or at least the one I found) is caused by using a purge module while the AI is in a shell. The purge code checks the AI's player for Antag status before removing law zero. Since the player actually loses control of the AI core while using a shell, the code sees a braindead AI, and skips to the point where it removes law zero. Currently working on a fix.

For the record, when I do this in a test sever, the AI keeps the Malfunctioning panel, and their objectives, and their player panel still lists them as traitor. The only thing affected is the Law 0 suddenly missing.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #456897

Seems like the easy fix would be to just flag the core as MALF and any AI that enters it get law zero.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #456906

Its clear this is a bug and is unintended, and the AI should retain their Antag status.

However, I think until the bug is fixed that is should be heavily discouraged for the AI to intentionally seek this out. Checking the AI's laws via a Intellicard is the only real hard tell that the AI is malfunctioning outside of your computer making a noise and exploding.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #456976

Baiting people to use the exploit is a quick ticket to ban, yes.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #457124

Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg