Is there any reason to really have a naming policy?

WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Is there any reason to really have a naming policy?

Post by WarbossLincoln » #459889

Bottom post of the previous page:

Thread title.

Naming policy is so subjective and so arbitrarily enforced that there doesn't really seem to be a need for it at all.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20628

In this thread a dude got ordered to change his cat beast's name from DePantherius X and was told that was a ridiculous name.

Is DePantherius X for a cat any more ridiculous than Cup Cake, Crocodillo, Gayden Homolove, Good Goodman, Tyrone Watermelon, Is-A-Lizard, Lamp Lover, Chad Thundercock, Pushes-And-Shoves, or any of the other degenerates we have running around the station?
--Crocodillo

LadyAri
Byond Username: Belchinganna

Re: Is there any reason to really have a naming policy?

Post by LadyAri » #462648

oranges wrote:
Nilons wrote:
oranges wrote:
Nilons wrote:
oranges wrote:[Common] Lady Ari says, "Yes, some gay scientist, with a majorly small penis, micro even, kept bragging about it, world breaking small he'd say, changed my identity, kept me in a lab, some kinda basement forever, he used our new genetic machines in order to change me into a man to fit his sick desires, luckily nanotrasen was able to provide me with the tools necessary to be myself"
where in that do they mention subject specifically
Really nilons
What about this is specific to subject and not the headmin that instructed him to ban them

I get where youre coming from but you cant really expect to have a point here when youre basing it entirely on an inference at best and an assumption at worse
DOes it matter which of the admin team they're abusing you dumb fucking mongloid?

They're human garbage and I would have put them out to trash long ago if I was allowed.
You don't know me for shit man. The only garbage here is your lying whore mouth that got called out homie. You accused me over and over of harassing subject but you couldn't come up with proof so bam, you change your fucking reasoning. And who the fuck am I abusing by saying something like that in a PRAYER? Are you that fucking retarded man? Jesus christ get a grip kid. (i mean get a grip mongoloid ;) )
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #462650

You're mentally braindead if you think that wouldn't be seen as an abuse of the admin who banned you by sending prays and radio chat like that.

But I guess that fits with your profile up until now so I'm not suprised.
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #462653

oranges wrote:You're mentally braindead if you think that wouldn't be seen as an abuse of the admin who banned you by sending prays and radio chat like that.

But I guess that fits with your profile up until now so I'm not suprised.
"blah blah blah I said you did X but I got called out and now I'm saying you did Y"

I didn't harass anybody, or target anybody like YOU claimed. So again, you can fuck right off dumb dumb.

And seriously, I'm not gonna keep derailing this thread like this. I didn't want to but if you're just gonna lie and make it seem like i went in day in day out to harass some admins you're a fucking lying bitch dude.

Done with you.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #462654

You harrassed subject, with prays and radio chat because you were upset over the identity ban.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #462655

oranges wrote:
Nilons wrote:
oranges wrote:
Nilons wrote:
oranges wrote:[Common] Lady Ari says, "Yes, some gay scientist, with a majorly small penis, micro even, kept bragging about it, world breaking small he'd say, changed my identity, kept me in a lab, some kinda basement forever, he used our new genetic machines in order to change me into a man to fit his sick desires, luckily nanotrasen was able to provide me with the tools necessary to be myself"
where in that do they mention subject specifically
Really nilons
What about this is specific to subject and not the headmin that instructed him to ban them

I get where youre coming from but you cant really expect to have a point here when youre basing it entirely on an inference at best and an assumption at worse
DOes it matter which of the admin team they're abusing you dumb fucking mongloid?
It does matter when you're literally trying to call them out on lying but didn't read the logs you were posting before you posted them

If your problem is them being mean to admins grow a thicker skin, if its them being mean to specifically subject thats not what happened and the logs YOU posted prove otherwise

Getting upset and doubling down on your mistake just looks silly
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #462657

I have a thick skin, but they are the one whining about nobody stepping up to defend them when they've been treating the admin responsible for their identity ban poorly lmao.

So in summary, they're literally dumb, they went out of their way to make a drama about the admin in question in an IC and pray fashion and then made it worse for themself, when there were several admins willing to go to bat for them and now they are not, so they're gonna have to wait until the policy issue is resolved instead of being unbanned earlier.

You can pretend they were talking about "nobody" as much as you want nilons but no admin agrees that that is what they were doing. We all know they were directing that at subject.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #462660

You're not entirely wrong and I wish they wouldn't make this all so dramatic and tantrumy but the point remains that which admin they were referring to is purely conjecture and you can believe what you want but it doesnt change that
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #462661

oranges wrote:You harrassed subject, with prays and radio chat because you were upset over the identity ban.
I been over this, no I didn't. I didn't harass anyone by saying that, I just wanted my shit back and took a light jab at the ghost admin that banned me. Just because you're mentally challenged enough to misconstrue that as harassing someone DAY TO DAY doesn't make it true, if anything, it was an extremely immature way to address the situation, but hey the first time i did it I got an immediate response.

"You hear a voice in your head... I know you're bullshitting but I don't really care. Hold on."

And they changed me back. If anything asshole, critique me for not being original and trying the same prayer another 3 or 5 times, but hey it fucking worked the first time you sensitive prick.

Subject217 can stand up for them selves too. They don't need you chiming in here fucking derailing this shit. I've already apologized to them because I feel bad that this shit got into their thread, it SUCKS that that gets brought up, he just did his job and he explained that to me as he was banning me, i get it, not upset with the guy even remotely, but I guess I'm just human garbage right so of course I wouldn't do something like that?

You lied and you got caught yo, end of story bugger off.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #462662

Hahah come off it you fucking spoon, they were whining about their identity ban, placed by subject, and referring to it being done by a "small dicked scientist" put 2 and 2 together and you get 4. Nobody is going to believe this bullshit line you're selling about it not being subject that they were talking about.
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #462664

oranges wrote:I have a thick skin, but they are the one whining about nobody stepping up to defend them when they've been treating the admin responsible for their identity ban poorly lmao.

So in summary, they're literally dumb, they went out of their way to make a drama about the admin in question in an IC and pray fashion and then made it worse for themself, when there were several admins willing to go to bat for them and now they are not, so they're gonna have to wait until the policy issue is resolved instead of being unbanned earlier.

You can pretend they were talking about "nobody" as much as you want nilons but no admin agrees that that is what they were doing. We all know they were directing that at subject.
You're lying man. No i didn't. You got called out, and now you're embarrassed as fuck lol.

No I wasn't, I have no fucking issue with subject. Only the ghost admin that couldn't even tell me a reason as to why its banned. (Something you can't do either, because you're actually legitimately retarded.)
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #462667

hahah yeah you were just saying those things for roleplay right :^)
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #462668

how fucking mad can you get over not being able to play one fucking character
just make a new one once your appearance ban is over you fucking toddler

i mean yeah i think the fact you were appearance banned for your name is quite shitty but you act like such an entitled bitch that i don't want to support you
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #462669

oranges wrote:hahah yeah you were just saying those things for roleplay right :^)
hahah yeah just keep saying i was totally targeting someone for days on end and getting called out on it :^)
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #462672

Well you see unlike you, I actually brought proof, you just brought the absurd argument that your little temper tantrums in pray and radio chat weren't about the admin who banned you, but you were just talking about "nobody" in particular lmao
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #462673

iksyp wrote:how fucking mad can you get over not being able to play one fucking character
just make a new one once your appearance ban is over you fucking toddler

i mean yeah i think the fact you were appearance banned for your name is quite shitty but you act like such an entitled bitch that i don't want to support you
I'm jamming out right now on a sunday, why would you ever think I'm mad? I've always typed this way, as evident by the many that say I'm an asshole right?

I have a lot of people here I love, and I'm also not a bitch man, so I'm gonna call bullshit out when its present.

I don't need your support either, or anyone's really, this is honestly so stupid I can see the conclusion from miles away. Sit back smile and laugh
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #462674

oranges wrote:Well you see unlike you, I actually brought proof, you just brought the absurd argument that your little temper tantrums in pray and radio chat weren't about the admin who banned you, but you were just talking about "nobody" in particular lmao
Oh, two prayers that I openly admitted to are evidence that I was harassing a specific admin on a day to day basis?

Man the leaps of logic you gotta take to sound that stupid must baffle most people.

also this is good:

More music please, we need to liven up the place.
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #462681

LadyAri wrote: why would you ever think I'm mad?
LadyAri wrote: So again, you can fuck right off dumb dumb.

And seriously, I'm not gonna keep derailing this thread like this. I didn't want to but if you're just gonna lie and make it seem like i went in day in day out to harass some admins you're a fucking lying bitch dude.

Done with you.
LadyAri wrote:No I wasn't, I have no fucking issue with subject. Only the ghost admin that couldn't even tell me a reason as to why its banned. (Something you can't do either, because you're actually legitimately retarded.)
LadyAri wrote:Man the leaps of logic you gotta take to sound that stupid must baffle most people.
so you're just trolling?
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #462682

iksyp wrote:
LadyAri wrote: why would you ever think I'm mad?
LadyAri wrote: So again, you can fuck right off dumb dumb.

Done with you.
LadyAri wrote:No I wasn't, I have no fucking issue with subject. Only the ghost admin that couldn't even tell me a reason as to why its banned. (Something you can't do either, because you're actually legitimately retarded.)
LadyAri wrote:Man the leaps of logic you gotta take to sound that stupid must baffle most people.
so you're just trolling?
Nah man its just me. Threads derailed already, is that your dog? Man pet your dog every day and take em on walks every day, don't ever let em down they're too awesome for mankind. Imma go walk my dog right now.

anything ott is just awesome for walk music
Last edited by LadyAri on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #462683

yes it is my dog

either way there are only two real reasons to continue in an internet argument while insulting the other party:
you are trying to aggravate them or you are aggravated
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #462685

iksyp wrote:yes it is my dog

either way there are only two real reasons to continue in an internet argument while insulting the other party:
you are trying to aggravate them or you are aggravated
You're probably right. I mean id be lying if this wasn't frustrating at first, but I got over being upset pretty quickly after talking with Elynia. All's good though.
Higashikata Josuke
Byond Username: Higashikata Josuke

Post by Higashikata Josuke » #462702

wesoda25 wrote:(post snipped)
While Lady may be more commonly known as an honorific, should we ban the surname King because the first thing that comes to mind when you hear it is K. Rool or Arthur rather than Stephen King? Yes, I'm biased; yes, Ari is my friend; no, it's not a bad fucking name. If Ari is bad, Dante should be bad. Naming yourself Gold should be bad because "people think of the material before the name!!". I'm not only against this because someone I'm cool with is being dicked down by it, I rolled my eyes at Oldman going through this shit as well and I think I've exchanged twenty words with him in three years.

Nilons is cool, but the name Ostrava of Nanotrasen has always been one that's made me roll my eyes. For the record I never felt the need to try and make him change it, nor have I shittalked him over it. I think at one point he was forced to change the name, so he went with Ostrava Nanotrasen, but now he's back to Ostrava of Nanotrasen again? Why the fuck are rulings so inconsistent? Why can there not be a proper agreement on anything?

If you want Lady Ari to be a bannable name, make your shit consistent and come up with clear guidelines and build consensus between admins. This shit is not nearly as hard to do as people are acting. Kill Oldman for being two dictionary words, Lexia Black for being a fake name and something more commonly known as a color, Gamma RY for not being a celestial body, Ostrava of Nanotrasen for being a firstname, fictional character, and improper name. Kill Chadwick Thundercock for being a blatant meme. Kill Dante for being an uncommon name.

Apply this shit evenly, to players you both like and dislike, or don't even fucking bother changing the policy. This isn't just a matter of the policy being poorly written, it's a matter of enforcement being fucking retardedly inconsistent on multiple levels.

Edit: snipping the post with a funny tagline isn't being antagonistic to someone you fucking manchild it's cutting down on thread size, stop editing my post
Spoiler:
oranges is fucking hilarious btw, i say this without the slightest hint of sarcasm or malice he's a hero
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Removed bizarre falsequote
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #462713

oranges wrote:Well you see unlike you, I actually brought proof, you just brought the absurd argument that your little temper tantrums in pray and radio chat weren't about the admin who banned you, but you were just talking about "nobody" in particular lmao
these name people are pretty stupid but you have to agree naming policy is dumb because the game itself breaks immersion far harder than names do
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #462725

If someone harasses admins or is an asshole in general then ban him for that instead of using minor policies to fuck with them so you don't have to deal with the shitshow of a rule 0 ban.
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #462731

Higashikata Josuke wrote: While Lady may be more commonly known as an honorific, should we ban the surname King because the first thing that comes to mind when you hear it is K. Rool or Arthur rather than Stephen King? Yes, I'm biased; yes, Ari is my friend; no, it's not a bad fucking name. If Ari is bad, Dante should be bad. Naming yourself Gold should be bad because "people think of the material before the name!!". I'm not only against this because someone I'm cool with is being dicked down by it, I rolled my eyes at Oldman going through this shit as well and I think I've exchanged twenty words with him in three years.
i do not care for this discussion, but why are you calling them ari instead of lady if you call others by their first name. you're only make it seem like lady was actually a honorific instead of the first name
lady ari is fine anyways (for me) but keep that in mind if you want to help their case
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #462734

Higashikata Josuke wrote:should we ban the surname King because the first thing that comes to mind when you hear it is K. Rool or Arthur rather than Stephen King?
the honorific 'king' doesn't come after the name dipshit
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #462735

wubli wrote:why are you calling them ari instead of lady if you call others by their first name. you're only make it seem like lady was actually a honorific instead of the first name
good catch
wesoda24: malkrax you're a loser because your forum signature is people talking about you
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #462758

Qbmax32 wrote:
Sometinyprick wrote:I honestly think we should just remove the whole naming policy and replace it with something along the lines of "just make sure your name is reasonable", I understand by doing it this way it's open to admin discrepancy but if someone appeals the ban I feel it's far better to discuss it in terms of "is this name reasonable and appropriate and is it really pissing people off/breaking immersion" rather than you broke rule x of this policy therefore you can't have that name regardless of how the rest of the players feel about it.
day one of reposting this until it becomes policy
Day two of reposting this until it becomes policy
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #462769

Damn I don't play or pay attention for like 4 days and this thread devolves this far.

I'm grabbing the wheel and pulling it back onto policy and not on personal attacks and shit flinging between lady ari, oranges, nilons, iksyp, and various others.
Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
Sometinyprick wrote:I honestly think we should just remove the whole naming policy and replace it with something along the lines of "just make sure your name is reasonable", I understand by doing it this way it's open to admin discrepancy but if someone appeals the ban I feel it's far better to discuss it in terms of "is this name reasonable and appropriate and is it really pissing people off/breaking immersion" rather than you broke rule x of this policy therefore you can't have that name regardless of how the rest of the players feel about it.
Day one of me reposting this until it becomes policy
--Crocodillo

iksyp

Post by iksyp » #462838

WarbossLincoln wrote:I'm grabbing the wheel and pulling it back onto policy and not on personal attacks and shit flinging between lady ari, oranges, nilons, iksyp, and various others.
hey all i did was call someone a toddler and entitled why am i on this list
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #462922

no one forces you to be an admin
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #462938

Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
Day three of reposting this until it becomes policy
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
DRINK THE PISS QB
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #462957

Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
i can't agree more, thankfully there's text here so I won't get deleted this time right? :shades:
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #462958

Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
We should also start posting a list of names that pass muster or go unnoticed. Even if they go unnoticed it just goes to show that trying to enforce a naming policy on anyone except the most obvious offenders like xXxAssMuncherxXx is doomed to fail.

Justice Field
Kevin Space
Bones Jackson
Bal Dee
Dan K. Memes
Chadwick Thundercock
Cara Mel - This might have been a cat, I didn't see
HUGH JANUS

are some that I saw last night that technically violate either the letter or the spirit of naming policy. And hint: most of them are perfectly fine for a space theme autism simulator.
--Crocodillo

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #462961

WarbossLincoln wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
We should also start posting a list of names that pass muster or go unnoticed. Even if they go unnoticed it just goes to show that trying to enforce a naming policy on anyone except the most obvious offenders like xXxAssMuncherxXx is doomed to fail.

Justice Field
Kevin Space
Bones Jackson
Bal Dee
Dan K. Memes
Chadwick Thundercock
HUGH JANUS

are some that I saw last night that technically violate either the letter or the spirit of naming policy. And hint: most of them are perfectly fine for a space theme autism simulator.

Aieet Mahpoo

Hoo Lee Fuk
► Show Spoiler
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #462965

WarbossLincoln wrote:
Justice Field
Kevin Space
Bones Jackson
Bal Dee
Dan K. Memes
Chadwick Thundercock
HUGH JANUS

Cara Mel would not be allowed even if the player was a cat. After first being told that food names such as "Cup Cake" were okay for cats, i was told by another admin that food names such as Cup Cake are NOT under any circumstances okay for felnids and that they have the same naming rules as humans.
Nervere wrote:
Kryson wrote: I was also told both my first name and last name were in violation and that felinid names are limited to "food names and regular human names".
MortoSasye shouldn't have told you this, it's not true. Technically we don't have species-specific naming conventions (at the moment), but "food names" are not an accepted naming convention for felinids.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #462971

Think cats can make one word names unlike humans though, unless I’m wrong. Seen plenty of names like meowings and cup cake is now “kate lasaga”
Regardless, patience is a good virtue to have. Give it a week.
obscolene

Post by obscolene » #463006

WarbossLincoln wrote:Justice Field
Kevin Space
Bones Jackson
There's literally nothing wrong with any of these names.
WarbossLincoln wrote:Cara Mel - This might have been a cat, I didn't see
Doesn't matter if it was a cat, they have the same naming policy as humans.
confused rock wrote:Think cats can make one word names unlike humans though, unless I’m wrong.
Cats follow the same naming guidelines as humans.
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #463042

Pets name should be allowed for cats
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #463052

obscolene wrote:
Kevin Space
Bones Jackson
There's nothing wrong with those except by the letter of policy and how it's enforced(which is part of the problem.

If Lady isn't an acceptable first name then Bones isn't either, it's a nickname. "Nicknames in the middle are ok"

Same with Space, if the policy cares about a name being a believable human name why would 'Space' as a last name be a normal human name if 'Lady' isn't remotely believable as a first name.

This whole discussion boiled over from it being upheld that in a distant future space station filled with autistic clowns and lizards named "Makes-The-Memes", a human named "Lady" is OOC and ruins the immersion. So, "If Lady isn't acceptable" is the lens through which everyone will view the policy.
Spoiler:
the policy is dumb and all the names I listed, except for HUGH JANUS, are perfectly fine.
WarbossLincoln wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
Qbmax32 wrote:
Day three of me reposting this until it becomes policy

Aieet Mahpoo
--Crocodillo

obscolene

Post by obscolene » #463054

WarbossLincoln wrote:
obscolene wrote:
Kevin Space
Bones Jackson
There's nothing wrong with those except by the letter of policy and how it's enforced(which is part of the problem.

If Lady isn't an acceptable first name then Bones isn't either, it's a nickname. "Nicknames in the middle are ok"

Same with Space, if the policy cares about a name being a believable human name why would 'Space' as a last name be a normal human name if 'Lady' isn't remotely believable as a first name.
Bones is not an honorific, this is a false equivalence. This has nothing to do with the believability of the names, it's the fact that you cannot have an honorific as your first name. This entire post is just grasping at straws. You also didn't list why the name 'Justice Field' would presumably fall under the jurisdiction of naming policy from your skewed point of view. If it's because you think 'Justice' is a noun and not a name, you're pretty ignorant I've got to say.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #463061

I didn't say they should make them. I meant it's physically possible for them to, unlike with humans.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #463064

Obscolene is right. Stop making page long arguments. Rules say "no honorifics are allowed". Lady is an honorific and therefore not allowed, irrelevant of whether or not it functions as a name.
[this space reserved]
Qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #463077

Grazyn wrote:Pets name should be allowed for cats

Oh god please no
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
DRINK THE PISS QB

Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #463082

wesoda25 wrote:Obscolene is right. Stop making page long arguments. Rules say "no honorifics are allowed". Lady is an honorific and therefore not allowed, irrelevant of whether or not it functions as a name.
Policy discussion exists so players and admins alike are given a forum to discuss policy and possibly changing policy. Going on about how it's pointless to argue about it because the rules don't allow it rather defeats the point of this entire subforum.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #463097

wesoda25 wrote:Obscolene is right. Stop making page long arguments. Rules say "no honorifics are allowed". Lady is an honorific and therefore not allowed, irrelevant of whether or not it functions as a name.
No see, that actually is quite relevant.

Also, please go ahead and share information showing proof that that is the reason why my name is banned. Because not a single person has told me one reason yet. Something your rude socially autistic ass can't grasp.

>calls people out for only reading half the argument
>reads only half the argument
>responds with emotion instead of logic

If you :heart: :evil: and :heart: obscolene :twisted: had :arrow: a kid :shock: you guys might cause a :singulo: singularity :singulo: to form from the :capid: sheer amount of :capid: :honkman: :brain: stupid :brain: :honkman: you both generate. :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :bball: :beer: :honk: :honk: :honk: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

damn u guys is dumb :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball: :bball:
Last edited by LadyAri on Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #463098

Justice is an honorific, as in Justice Clarence Thomas.

Plus I'm arguing that the policy is dumb, not that Lady isn't normally an honorific. Which is the point of the thread.
--Crocodillo

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #463101

STP - I’m saying that the constant page long reiteration of points is stupid. Thats why I reiterated mine in two lines.

Ari - Bro use your fucking head. Rules LITERALLY SAY honorifics aren’t allowed. So I’d be willing to bet cash money that the issue with your name was the ‘Lady’ part as opposed for Ari. If it was Ari, then the ban is dumb as shit. Like it or not, Lady can and will be interpreted as a title, even if you interpret it otherwise. If you can’t understand how that would play into an admins reason for banning you, then I dunno what else to say.

Croc - Its like the cat debate. Just because I want cats removed doesn’t also mean I want lizards to stay. Justice is a title, so for the sake of consistency I agree it should be banned. But yeah thread is off topic I guess I’m not helping.
[this space reserved]
LadyAri

Post by LadyAri » #463105

wesoda25 wrote:STP - I’m saying that the constant page long reiteration of points is stupid. Thats why I reiterated mine in two lines.

Ari - Bro use your fucking head. Rules LITERALLY SAY honorifics aren’t allowed. So I’d be willing to bet cash money that the issue with your name was the ‘Lady’ part as opposed for Ari. If it was Ari, then the ban is dumb as shit. Like it or not, Lady can and will be interpreted as a title, even if you interpret it otherwise. If you can’t understand how that would play into an admins reason for banning you, then I dunno what else to say.

Croc - Its like the cat debate. Just because I want cats removed doesn’t also mean I want lizards to stay. Justice is a title, so for the sake of consistency I agree it should be banned. But yeah thread is off topic I guess I’m not helping.
They can interpret it however they want, they're still wrong. I provided proof, they've provided nothing but emotional banter. Not a single admin, over a week later, has stated in stone what the issue was. "You're an asshole" is not an argument as to why my name should be banned after six years of no issue. If you can't fathom why this naming policy is stupid you have issues byond (lol) me or anyone else's help. I'm not an idiot. I understand why its interpreted that way, but when you provide proof and a logical argument as to why that's stupid and nothing changes a follow up discussion takes place, just as it is now.

"I honestly think we should just remove the whole naming policy and replace it with something along the lines of "just make sure your name is reasonable", I understand by doing it this way it's open to admin discrepancy but if someone appeals the ban I feel it's far better to discuss it in terms of "is this name reasonable and appropriate and is it really pissing people off/breaking immersion" rather than you broke rule x of this policy therefore you can't have that name regardless of how the rest of the players feel about it."

That's literally the only logical option.

And bitch i bet you cant even cripwalk

u even a crip kid?
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #463138

We've made changes to naming policy to address this.
See this thread for more information and discussion of naming policy: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 40&t=20848.