Is banning players from being able to post ban appeals acceptable?

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Is banning players from being able to post ban appeals acceptable?

Post by iamgoofball » #461002

I've been threatened with an FNR ban because I sent in a joke ahelp as I was under the impression the thread was already accepted for discussion and revealed to the public, as I was actively joking with an admin on the server in the middle of the discussion.

Is it morally okay to ban a player from being able to appeal bans? I find this unacceptable. Policy discussion, sure, but preventing a player from filing complaints on admin behavior and appealing potentially wrongful bans?. Unacceptable, especially when Post Approval already halts bad posts.
Ispiria
Byond Username: Ispiria

Re: Is banning players from being able to post ban appeals acceptable?

Post by Ispiria » #461006

FNR posting, like the server itself, is a privilege, not a right. This is a reclusive and occasionally selective public gaming community, not a paid service in return for which certain things are ensured, and any member thereof who abuses the privileges afforded to them can expect to see those privileges revoked, with penalties increasing relative to the abuse.

This may not seem morally fair from the outside looking in, but it's literally how the entire real world works. It takes a very great deal of effort to achieve the levels of negative behavior which would see someone barred from FNR entirely, but to say it's unacceptable is simply refusing to understand that consequences exist for actions.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #461007

For reference there are exactly three people who are FNR banned, and one of them is an alt of yours from the last time you were FNR banned, the other is a blacklist.

We don't FNR ban people lightly, and post approval straightens most people out, but in a case of egregious continued misbehaviour it's largely the only option left to us.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #461010

Arianya wrote:For reference there are exactly three people who are FNR banned, and one of them is an alt of yours from the last time you were FNR banned, the other is a blacklist.

We don't FNR ban people lightly, and post approval straightens most people out, but in a case of egregious continued misbehaviour it's largely the only option left to us.
I don't recall having an alt account on the forums or ever being FNR banned, what's the account name?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #461011

Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #461098

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #461874

It's very much acceptable depending on the situation