Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Killing Fellow Syndrones

Post by Saintish » #46333

Drone Laws
1. Interfere.
2. Kill.
3. Destroy.
You can kill and eat other drones to increase your health!
So, uh, what's the headmin ruling on this? Does teamkilling become bannable when the syndrones are told to act as a team? However, when 3/4 of the crew's dead and there's a good 20 shells left, does it really matter at that point?

Also, Rule 9 is back to what it once was (;-;7), so will admins enforce it? What's the punishment for hiding/gibbing a pet-killer's body just for killing a pet? That oughta be set in stone.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Killing Fellow Syndrones

Post by Saegrimr » #46334

The "kill" part could probably be removed.

Its intended for if a player has ghosted out of his dead drone, you have the option of cannibalizing the wreckage to regain health instead of just letting the pile sit there unfixable because they ghosted.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #46336

Saegrimr wrote:The "kill" part could probably be removed.

Its intended for if a player has ghosted out of his dead drone, you have the option of cannibalizing the wreckage to regain health instead of just letting the pile sit there unfixable because they ghosted.
Yeah, I personally wouldn't have a problem with that - it's suggesting that a player kill other drones, and chucklefucks (like me) have and will abused this.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #46352

just slightly more words to law 2 explaining who exactly you're supposed to kill, or to forbid (unless under specific circumstances) other syndrones.

i guess it kinda ruins the one word thing but w / e
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #46618

If Syndrones are supposed to act as an actual team those objectives are shit. They need to be at least expanded to:
1) Interfere with Nanotrasen functions.
2) Kill all living things.
3) Destroy all non-syndrone silicons.
You can salvage dead or unused drones to increase your health!
EDIT: Actually I'd go one step further to prevent confusion (and for flavor, to represent syndicate tech being kind of nefarious and hacked together) make them all hacked laws thusly:
#%^$%) Interfere with Nanotrasen functions.
!#*&#) Kill all living things.
$%&@%) Destroy all non-syndrone silicons.

And if syndrones are ever intended to cooperate with nuke ops
#%^$%) Interfere with Nanotrasen functions.
!#*&#) Kill all non-syndicate organisms.
$%&@%) Destroy all non-syndicate silicons.

Making them hacked laws would prevent confusion when a player see's a bunch of cables they could rip up and an Assistant they could kill. Putting a priority on them infers that you should be interfering with the station and things before killing people/borgs/ai's (though you could make the argument that it's pretty damn interfering to be murdered, why leave it open to debate?)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #46630

Just remove the golly gosh danged 10 crystal uplink they start with. It'll make it less of a doomsday scenario when there are attacks by these things. Syndrones can cause enough damage in their own, via their ventcrawl fuckery and all-access.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #46845

TheBibleMelts wrote:Just remove the golly gosh danged 10 crystal uplink they start with. It'll make it less of a doomsday scenario when there are attacks by these things. Syndrones can cause enough damage in their own, via their ventcrawl fuckery and all-access.
I'm not sure what you think a drone invasion is supposed to be.
BlessedHeretic
Byond Username: BlessedHeretic

Post by BlessedHeretic » #47085

Syndrones don't spawn normally for a reason. Generally I don't understand why a syndrone would turn on another, sure you can say your laws state nothing about protecting or not murdering another syndrone, but often when they are spawned it's for a specific reason. I for example tend to spawn them with the sole purpose of utterly rekting the station when the timer hits 2 hours. So them turning on each other would be kind of a shitty thing, it's definitely a way to get yourself blacklisted from admin events.

Although if the shuttle has docked and they don't have a very specific goal such as assassination/help nuke ops, if their primary function is complete I can't see a reason why not to duel one another.