Murderboning Policy Thread #859

firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Murderboning Policy Thread #859

Post by firecage » #464756

Bottom post of the previous page:

So, can we perhaps disallow murderboning yet? Whether stealth murderboning everyone or running around the hallways with an ebow and esword, it really isn't fun for anyone except the person doing it.(And even then it is questionable.) It does not add anything meaningful to the rounds, and just leaves a lot of people sitting in deadchat waiting for the round to end so they can actually play again. And of course it doesn't help if you go onto one of the other servers, and within 5 minutes from arriving you are murderboned.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Murderboning Policy Thread #859

Post by Dr_bee » #465265

obscolene wrote:
oranges wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:
oranges wrote:It's time for
Enforce no murderbone with mechanics rather than rules.

Moodloss on murdering
>hijack shuttle due to objectives
>get crippling depression and move at walk speed
you'll have to be smaarter with how you hijack it then won't you
this is a goofball-tier post. "me code thing and any and all adverse side effects of it whatsoever is intended feature, just deal with it. me no change it"
Antags are basically immune to the mood system and thus immune to hunger anyway, because reasons.
charmisokay
Byond Username: Charmisokay

Post by charmisokay » #465363

For each objective you complete, you get +1tc next time you traitor - if you complete all your objectives.
When you complete all your objectives (except for escape), you can press a button to add a new objective.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #465370

charmisokay wrote:For each objective you complete, you get +1tc next time you traitor - if you complete all your objectives.
When you complete all your objectives (except for escape), you can press a button to add a new objective.
this will just make it so captains cremate their antique, the HOS gun, the hand teles, the CE magboots and the hypospray every round lmao
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #465409

teepeepee wrote:
charmisokay wrote:For each objective you complete, you get +1tc next time you traitor - if you complete all your objectives.
this will just make it so captains cremate their antique, the HOS gun, the hand teles, the CE magboots and the hypospray every round lmao
They're powerful though so he'd be gimping a lot of people, opening him to quite a bit of backlash.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #465487

More buffs to already overbuffed antags really arent needed.
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #465681

teepeepee wrote:
I'm pretty sure in a scenario like this, doing that would be considered powergaming like AI proofing Atmos at roundstart.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #465822

Skillywatt wrote:
teepeepee wrote:
I'm pretty sure in a scenario like this, doing that would be considered powergaming like AI proofing Atmos at roundstart.
Yeah
Also it would have the "antag murderbones and finishes 20 objectives for even more murderbone and/or romerol" problem
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #466385

if murderboning is an issue now then why not just readd prescanning
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Booktower
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Booktower

Post by Booktower » #466769

NoxVS wrote:But what happens when the ERT fails to stop them

And the follow up deathsquad fails to stop them

And now you have a ninja with a pulse rifle riding an emagged borg killing everything in sight
Rocks fall, everyone dies.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #466771

the rocks being big space rocks and a forced shuttle call
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #466833

i always answer ERT messages with ERT if i know there are ghosts around (if only to order them to execute the guy who called them without need)

murderboning is a thing, if you're robust enough even an assistant with a bar of soap can kill a whole nuke ops team (i've seen this) so in short. git gud?

plus it's fun meming on murderboners like letting them see ghosts but nobody else
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #466846

Just add a pacifist badge like the 0 telecrystal wins badge.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
Zybwivcz
Byond Username: Zybwivcz

Post by Zybwivcz » #469096

Traitors are meant to be undercover nanotransen operatives. Stealth makes sense conceptually. But they get played like ops with fewer TC that start on station.

Solution: Completel retool the traitor uplink. Remove the super murderboney stuff(desword, carp) nerf most weapons, buff or rework the stealthier stuff and add new items to fill any perceived gaps.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #469259

Zybwivcz wrote:Traitors are meant to be undercover nanotransen operatives. Stealth makes sense conceptually. But they get played like ops with fewer TC that start on station.

Solution: Completel retool the traitor uplink. Remove the super murderboney stuff(desword, carp) nerf most weapons, buff or rework the stealthier stuff and add new items to fill any perceived gaps.
that would make traitor rounds soooo fuckiiing borrrriiiiing
every traitor would be "stealthy" by not doing anything for 59 of the 60 minutes that the round would last before the shuttle gets called from boredom
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #469263

The only real nonantag and antag methods of stealth gameplay/combat have been nerfed to worse than a steaming hot pile of dogshit (most stealth things are just subtle stuns you cant react to without powergaming like a massive shitter, not to say that i'm advocating for said stealth items)

Lethality overall has also been buffed wiith melee weapons dismembering and disemboweling, and most higher tier melee weapons completley deflecting the most abundant projectile weapon type on station

Murderboning is also theraputic as hell but if you want it changed it's a code thing rather than a policy thing if you want to discourage that playstyle

I know this is a salt thread but in the future people should probably elaborate on what they mean by murderboning, do they want low violence and slower rounds when it comes to antags or are they complaining about half the traitors roundstart purchasing ebows/eswords/revolvers/explosives and going on a rampage?
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #470234

We have decided not to change the rule on antagonist freedom, and continue to allow murderboning.

In general, we don't want to restrict antagonist freedom as it is a fairly important part of server culture.

Extreme cases are still covered under rule 1. For example, wiping out an entire crew on lowpop and delaying the shuttle until you get everybody would fall under rule 1, especially if it becomes a common occurance.

In addition, admins are free to intervene in the round as needed to make it interesting/enjoyable for the players. Stuff like helping the crew to put up a fight, sending an appropriate ert, running an event etc. Are all fine to do. (Note this is a case by case sorta thing and up to admin discretion, so don't take that as an exhaustive lost of allowed things. They're just examples)