end the round when wizards die always

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

end the round when wizards die always

Post by iamgoofball » #464984

who the fuck thought
dumb boomer wrote:"hm yes, in the gamemode where a superpowered man/woman/ayylien with magical spells of mass destruction and the ability to give every crewmember a WMD or a magic spell/wand/staff to turn things into random beasts of hell, the game should just not end when the wizard dies"
was a good idea

revert this, no mulligan on wizard ever

discuss
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: end the round when wizards die always

Post by lmwevil » #464994

go for it, it gives reason for the wizard to not go SUMMON GUNS MAGIC MAKE EVERYONE ANTAG THEN SUICIDE INTO SM since the round just ends and nobody gets to enjoy the whole point of it

plus it's just boring after wiz dies with an immediate shuttle call by players
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #465003

As far as I'm aware, this is a code issue not a policy one.

Wizard is set to end when antagonists die. The issue is that survivalists/other antagonists count for not letting the round end. There is currently no system that I'm aware of that allows the round to end when one particular antagonist dies but the others are still alive.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #465005

also people changebolted are counted as "antags" and wont trigger a round end and affects other rounds that should end on antag death like new cops
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #465009

If it’s to be able to bomb wizard then I think it’s dumb.

IC actions shouldn’t hinge on if the round ends or not afterwards so I personally like the chance it doesn’t.

If you’re just changing mulligan though this would not affect summons so the rounds would still not always end on wizzy death.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #465145

Wizard rounds that end within ten minutes at 99% station integrity are just a waste of peoples time. IMO, the best option (and one that would have properly solved the suicide wiz issue) is to just roll into extended if the the wiz dies while station integrity is high enough (and possibly not too much time has passed).
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #465188

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:also people changebolted are counted as "antags" and wont trigger a round end and affects other rounds that should end on antag death like new cops
Changebolted into certain things, yes. A changebolted slime doesn't count but xenos/syndicate borgs/etc count as antagonists as far as the game code is concerned.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #465269

this is a code issue
Arianya wrote:Changebolted into certain things, yes. A changebolted slime doesn't count but xenos/syndicate borgs/etc count as antagonists as far as the game code is concerned.
also worth pointing out if you get polymorphed into say a xenomorph and then polymorphed into something else your mind keeps the status in the code, thus delaying the round
staff of change = round will not end on wizard death. summon events is the same.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #465274

Isn't mulligan a config option? I think the round ends immediately after unless an admin intervenes or there are survivalists/other antags.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #465289

doesntplaysting12

mulligan has been disabled on wiz for like 6 months. this is explicitly about random spawn antags stopping the round from ending.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #465296

In my personal opinion the round shouldn't snd when wiz dies since others could still be antag but thats just me
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #465365

Pretty sure I turned off mulligan along with my fellow headmins last term.

The reason wizard hangs on after the wiz dies sometimes is because in the code the survivalists are seen as full antags.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
coiax
Byond Username: Coiax

Post by coiax » #465369

Codewise, there is no notion of a "partial" or a "full" antag, minds have antag datums, or they don't. Santa is technically an antagonist, as is a Centcom Official, and any of these present on a wizard round would stop the round from ending.

Additional question, what if the wizard spends most/all of his points on a swarm of (s)laughter demons, and dies in short order. Do we want to end the round then, even though the true threat is a bunch of armored blood crawling killing machines?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #465408

No, which is why it's fine as is.

The goalpost has been moved from the true policy discussion of dead-man switching to should X antag end on death (((so that you can freely dead-man switch))). There is no other reason why the round should end on wizard death despite the possibility other antags can exist FROM THE WIZARD.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #465423

Arianya wrote:
Tlaltecuhtli wrote:also people changebolted are counted as "antags" and wont trigger a round end and affects other rounds that should end on antag death like new cops
Changebolted into certain things, yes. A changebolted slime doesn't count but xenos/syndicate borgs/etc count as antagonists as far as the game code is concerned.
Changebolted anythings count as antagonists as long as it was done forcefully, freedrones, slimes, xenos, etc.

EDIT: Don't forget you can make an ash drake with it so lol
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #465429

coiax wrote:Codewise, there is no notion of a "partial" or a "full" antag, minds have antag datums, or they don't. Santa is technically an antagonist, as is a Centcom Official, and any of these present on a wizard round would stop the round from ending.

Additional question, what if the wizard spends most/all of his points on a swarm of (s)laughter demons, and dies in short order. Do we want to end the round then, even though the true threat is a bunch of armored blood crawling killing machines?
end the round when the demons die

Slaughter demons are fine as a round delayer but summon guns/changebolt is cancer. If the wizard and his immediate summons ((s)laughters/apprenticies/artificiers) die the round should end, having a round with multiple dead and waiting for the shuttle because there are 4 or 5 traitors sucks shit as they were created by the wizard, but aren't aligned to them or aren't a big/obvious enough like the blood demons

traitor but with magic/adminspawn weapons is garbage
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #465490

Cobby wrote:No, which is why it's fine as is.

The goalpost has been moved from the true policy discussion of dead-man switching to should X antag end on death (((so that you can freely dead-man switch))). There is no other reason why the round should end on wizard death despite the possibility other antags can exist FROM THE WIZARD.
dead man switches or not, wizard rounds usually end in a completely wrecked station that would immediately end in a shuttle call anyways

delaying the inevitable while everyone twiddles their thumbs dead or simple mobbed or trying frantically to Not Die is just a waste of time

Also before you say "muh rebuild and repair" why rebuild manually when shuttle call does that + gives me an antag roll
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #465693

This is functionally not a policy discussion, so it's getting locked. See below.
Arianya wrote:As far as I'm aware, this is a code issue not a policy one.

Wizard is set to end when antagonists die. The issue is that survivalists/other antagonists count for not letting the round end. There is currently no system that I'm aware of that allows the round to end when one particular antagonist dies but the others are still alive.