You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
User avatar
Munchlax
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:25 am
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Munchlax » Wed May 21, 2014 6:50 am #7700

danno wrote:
Bluespace wrote:
geilebeer wrote:We even allow 15 year olds.
The main point is that nobody really cares about the agerestriction, we just have to pretend.

And I repeat, this is why the rule is so fucking pointless because you void the point of it with your negligence in the first place
Is ERP really this important to you

So, you just want ERP banned and don't care about the rule just like everyone else?



User avatar
danno
 
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: e-mail me if you want a pizza roll
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby danno » Wed May 21, 2014 5:49 pm #7824

the rules are related
also yes
Hornygranny wrote:wtf i like danno now

Image
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit

User avatar
Mat13295
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:54 pm
Byond Username: Mat13295

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Mat13295 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:50 am #8330

If you are under the age of 18, or it is illegal for you to view the materials contained here, leave the server immediately.

or it is illegal for you to view the materials contained here
or it is illegal for you to view the materials contained here

Guess we gotta ban Australian players due to Hyperzine and spess drugs.
I don't even play here anymore, hue.

Incomptinence
 
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 3:01 am
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Incomptinence » Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 am #8338

If we make a point of imprisoning everyone who spawns on the arrivals shuttle then ejecting them into space an hour later the server might get a pass for sending a sovereign message.

User avatar
Preamble
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:02 am
Byond Username: Preamble

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Preamble » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:18 am #14914

lol I'm only 5 years old get on my level faggots

User avatar
Helios127
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:38 am

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Helios127 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:43 am #14956

You see any kids wandering the space station hallways? NO?

I rest my case.
just play on /vg/station, go have fun for christs sake

User avatar
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:17 pm
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Cipher3 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:00 am #15095

Helios127 wrote:You see any kids wandering the space station hallways? NO?

I rest my case.

I see 17 year olds.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.


I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus


Image

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby bandit » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:33 pm #15190

Preamble wrote:lol I'm only 5 years old get on my level faggots


you joke but people have actually been banned for this shit on other sites with age restrictions
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby miggles » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:21 am #15236

except our administration has taken it the other way and treats anyone saying theyre under 18 as a liar and tells them to confess their "real" age until they play along with it
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

User avatar
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 am
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby ShizCalev » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:02 am #15241

miggles wrote:except our administration has taken it the other way and treats anyone saying theyre under 18 as a liar and tells them to confess their "real" age until they play along with it


I recall several people being banned for -joking- that they were under 18.
ImageImage


>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby paprika » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:26 am #15244

This isn't 4chan so no I'm going to need some proof that it's actually happened here.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 am
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby ShizCalev » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:56 am #15289

paprika wrote:This isn't 4chan so no I'm going to need some proof that it's actually happened here.


Check FNR on the old forum. It's there.
ImageImage


>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby miggles » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:06 am #15295

i do not believe you in the slightest
and the burden of proof is always on the one claiming the outlandish thing
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

PostThis post was deleted by ShizCalev on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:58 am.

damiac
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby damiac » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:09 pm #15629

miggles wrote:i do not believe you in the slightest
and the burden of proof is always on the one claiming the outlandish thing

What?!? This has happened at least twice in FNR that I remember seeing, and whenever the subject comes up admins freely admit they force people who 'claim' to be under 18 to admit to lying.

It's funny, because if someone reported to the relevant authorities: "There's a sex chat room, and the administrators do everything in their power to hold onto each and every minor they can, while claiming to not allow them. Oh also one of the administrators is a minor". I think there'd be a problem, assuming said authorities cared or existed.
That's an extreme simplification, but it's the one the prosecution would make.

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby miggles » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:42 pm #15646

damiac i do believe youre mixing up who's who
i'm the one who said that admins are pretending the rule doesn't exist
also ss13 may have erp but it's not a sex chatroom in the slightest, erp is only ever (usually) between 2 people and if you stumble upon it you can just walk away (or throw pies at them)
at most its just a violent videogame not recommended for christian moms
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

damiac
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby damiac » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:39 pm #18167

Not if you're dead. Then you're stuck reading clumsy and misspelled double entendres because the default is hearing all chat and emotes. Really, the under 18 rule should be used to ban anyone involved in ERP, because they're clearly mentally under 18, if not physically.

But what that means is that if an under age person did stumble across the server, and immediately fell out an airlock (not farfetched) they have to listen to ERP for the rest of the round, at least until they figure out how to change the default options. So really, ERP is ghost-rape.

User avatar
Mat13295
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:54 pm
Byond Username: Mat13295

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Mat13295 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:51 am #18254

"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

This is what you practically just said when claiming you watching two people fuck is the equivalent of rape.
Think about that for a moment.
I don't even play here anymore, hue.

User avatar
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:17 pm
Byond Username: Cipher3

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Cipher3 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm #18340

Mat13295 wrote:"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

This is what you practically just said when claiming you watching two people fuck is the equivalent of rape.
Think about that for a moment.

The argument that is trying to be made here is that if you can't tune it out, then you're forced to witness sexual activity, though it may not be on you precisely.

Just clarifying.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.


I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus


Image

User avatar
Isane
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:40 pm
Byond Username: Isane

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Isane » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:53 pm #18350

Lol how is erp rape real just walk away from the computer hahahha.

I can't remember how the thing goes but you get the point.

User avatar
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby MisterPerson » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:35 am #18385

It's completely acceptable for someone to say "I don't want to see ERP". The argument that one can walk away doesn't trump the fact someone shouldn't have to walk away from a game.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter

Lo6a4evskiy
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:04 am #18420

Just because you don't want to see something doesn't mean nobody can do it. You have million ways to avoid it - turn off ghost ears/eyes, don't read every fucking line in the log do you people seriously do that what is wrong with you holy shit it's that simple, minimize the game window and do something else, walk away from the computer. Don't pretend that you're being forced to watch it, no, you have all the options available. "B-but I wanna read every line in the log period", well, tough, we all have to sacrifice something every now and then, either get over yourself or withstand existence without being able to read every single line in the log.

Do people actually read every single line in the log? Because that's fucking stupid.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby paprika » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:57 am #18442

Fuck it, just ban erp. There's no reason to do it. It's just disruptive. It's had its funny moments in the past but it's not worth the shitstorm. "hardcore' roleplaying servers like bay ban it because they know it dilutes rp quality, and non-hardcore rp servers should probably ban it because it's not really an essential part of the game.

Sure there's stutterwhores and all the funny jokes but at this point all of those things spawned from negative experiences that people chose to make light of and I can't think of a single active erper who's a player I actively enjoy seeing or playing with.

I know you all want to erp with pandarsenic but his steam is right here and you can easily do that over IMing.

Whenever a bunch of nerds bring sex into their hobby it causes shitstorms so let's keep it out of it entirely instead of pretending to be MATURE ROLEPLAYERS that can write mini novellas with A+ quality erp. We're here to have fun and there are more people who's fun is ruined by erp than people who enjoy erp like it's an essential part of the game they can't live without.

Start being considerate to your fellow player who actually doesn't enjoy seeing that kind of thing instead of being like MAN UP PUSSY WOW CAN'T TAKE SEX WHAT A LIL BITCH MUH RIGHTS because it's literally disgusting.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
CreationPro
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:11 am
Location: Commiefornia
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby CreationPro » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:23 pm #18447

B-but who am I gonna spawn murderous constructs on?
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.

Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
Image

IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote:i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay


Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.

<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins

trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.

Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.

Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;

User avatar
Helios127
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:38 am

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Helios127 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:33 pm #18477

Clearly, we need Vore on the server.
just play on /vg/station, go have fun for christs sake

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby bandit » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:06 pm #18505

The difference is, no one is forcing you to watch or participate in ERP. As stated, there are a million ways not to see it. And as much as I might not understand the psychology of dudes who want to pretend to have 2D spacemen sex with other dudes pretending to be purple-haired nurses, they're not actually hurting anybody (unless they are in important roles, in which case the rules already forbid them from fucking off without actually fucking off).
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Ikarrus
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:17 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Ikarrus » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 pm #18516

As long as they're not whispering (aka broadcasting to every ghost) there's no harm in it
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby miggles » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 pm #18536

"theres no harm in it" isnt a very convincing argument though
theres no harm in spam or verbal abuse either i mean you can just stop listening to them right
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

PostThis post was deleted by Alzam on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:59 pm.
Reason: posted this in the wrong thread, sorry, all.

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby paprika » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:47 am #18584

bandit wrote:The difference is, no one is forcing you to watch or participate in ERP. As stated, there are a million ways not to see it. And as much as I might not understand the psychology of dudes who want to pretend to have 2D spacemen sex with other dudes pretending to be purple-haired nurses, they're not actually hurting anybody (unless they are in important roles, in which case the rules already forbid them from fucking off without actually fucking off).

Trying to pretend to fight for the rights of people who erp is a losing battle bandit. You're trying to play devil's advocate and while I understand and did it for a while I eventually came to understand that it's worth a chuckle at best and actually offensive at worst. Why would we allow that kind of roleplay if we're ever going to consider our servers as roleplay servers? Nobody will take it seriously with people erping on them. Do people that don't erp take the roleplay on that vore server seriously? Same thing here. The only people that will really benefit from erp not being banned is erpers. Most erpers don't do it as an extension of actual in depth roleplay, they do it to get off. And the people who do it as an extension of their long roleplay history with their space lesbian gf probably wouldn't mind taking it somewhere else anyway???

Sorry to get off topic and turn this into an ERP ban discussion but this thread and the ERP discussion thread I made are essentially about the same thing. I don't mean to derail but someone needs to say this shit because it was said on bay by people I actually respect there and it needs to be said here too.

We're /tg/, not yog or paradise, and we need to be shaping our policy around encouraging harmless roleplay and not erp just so admins can spawn juggernauts and corgis on people. I get it, it's funny, I found it funny too and still do, but when people actually get offended at things we need to draw the line.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

Lo6a4evskiy
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:43 am #18693

miggles wrote:"theres no harm in it" isnt a very convincing argument though
theres no harm in spam or verbal abuse either i mean you can just stop listening to them right

Spam is something dedicated to hurt others. ERP is (hopefully) not.

User avatar
Steelpoint
Github User
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:37 pm
Location: The Armoury
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Steelpoint » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:45 am #18694

I would be fine with ERP only if by default all players Ghost Ears (And ability to hear whispers) was turned off. Otherwise it gets annoying to read at best and a turn off at worst for people.

I honestly don't care if someone is ERPing, but some people do care.
Image

User avatar
Psyentific
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Byond Username: Psyentific

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Psyentific » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:46 am #18707

Are you guys seriously discussing ERP here?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.

User avatar
miggles
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 am
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby miggles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:07 pm #18776

yeah read the thread next time
Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
miggles wrote:"theres no harm in it" isnt a very convincing argument though
theres no harm in spam or verbal abuse either i mean you can just stop listening to them right

Spam is something dedicated to hurt others. ERP is (hopefully) not.

my point was that its stupid to say that simply not listening to someone is a good argument to allow erp, as there are already things that people get muted/banned for that you can simply "not listen to" by turning off OOC or ghost ears
ERP does offend some people im sure, for various reasons
whether its meant to be offensive doesnt really matter, because on the flipside there are people who DONT care about spam.
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts

dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.

Connor wrote:miggles is correct though

damiac
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby damiac » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 pm #19563

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Just because you don't want to see something doesn't mean nobody can do it. You have million ways to avoid it - turn off ghost ears/eyes, don't read every fucking line in the log do you people seriously do that what is wrong with you holy shit it's that simple, minimize the game window and do something else, walk away from the computer. Don't pretend that you're being forced to watch it, no, you have all the options available. "B-but I wanna read every line in the log period", well, tough, we all have to sacrifice something every now and then, either get over yourself or withstand existence without being able to read every single line in the log.

Do people actually read every single line in the log? Because that's fucking stupid.


OK then, why it bannable to forcibly ERP with someone who doesn't want to? Just because you don't want to see something doesn't mean nobody can do it. You have million ways to avoid it, don't read every fucking line in the log do you people seriously do that what is wrong with you holy shit it's that simple, minimize the game window and do something else, walk away from the computer. Don't pretend that you're being forced to watch it, no, you have all the options available. "B-but I wanna read every line in the log period", well, tough, we all have to sacrifice something every now and then, either get over yourself or withstand existence without being able to read every single line in the log.

Oh look at that. It's EXACTLY THE SAME. ERP is ghost rape.

Lo6a4evskiy
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:37 pm #19574

Er, except that living people have absolutely no influence on what ghosts watch or don't watch. How is it forced.

Please don't start "b-but ghosts hear all". You're given tools to NOT hear all. It's your choice not to use the tools.

damiac
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby damiac » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:06 pm #19699

Look, the 12 year old who the admins forced to 'admit' he's actually 18 isn't going to know about the various ghost options and tools. He's going to join the server, fall out an airlock, and then have to watch whatever ERP nonsense is happening in his chat window.

If the default was ghost ears off, maybe it's a little better. Of course admins, and ghosts who actually might want to follow the round are still forced to see all that.

ERP gets in the way of a good round, it does nothing to improve the game and does quite a bit to make it worse. I'm pretty sure ERPers are mainly doing it BECAUSE others are going to see it, as SS13 is a pretty terrible format for it.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby bandit » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:45 pm #19717

damiac wrote:Look, the 12 year old who the admins forced to 'admit' he's actually 18 isn't going to know about the various ghost options and tools. He's going to join the server, fall out an airlock, and then have to watch whatever ERP nonsense is happening in his chat window.


[about 12 citations needed]
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Aurx
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:24 pm
Byond Username: Aurx

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Aurx » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:20 pm #19721

bandit wrote:
damiac wrote:Look, the 12 year old who the admins forced to 'admit' he's actually 18 isn't going to know about the various ghost options and tools. He's going to join the server, fall out an airlock, and then have to watch whatever ERP nonsense is happening in his chat window.


[about 12 citations needed]

Alas, the thread in which it happened is gone. It was on the old forums, and I suspect it got nuked the instant somebody with a brain realized "Holy FUCK we can't leave this public".
But it happened, and it was utterly shameful for the admins involved.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby bandit » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:39 pm #19724

I know there was a thread that was basically "You're 18, right? Just say you're 18 and this will all go away," but that's not what he's saying. He's saying:

- 12-year-olds forced to admit they're 18 are enough of a common presence in game that they can be used as a convenient example (it's against the rules obviously to know how many there are, but something tells me there aren't many)
- 12-year-olds won't know how to do shit but wander out the airlock, because they're 12
- 12-year-olds won't know how to disable ghost-ears, because they're 12
- 12-year-olds, in their utter ignorance/innocence, will have to watch ERP, because this is apparently so regular an occurrence it's bound to happen eventually

All of which is "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" bullshit. If you're (hypothetical "you") 12 and on the internet then you have probably seen far worse than ERP. Especially if you're 12 years old and playing online games at one point derived from 4chan. You're also probably smart enough to look up BYOND commands, or at least no worse off than your average player. You're a 12-year-old not a fucking vegetable.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

Aurx
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:24 pm
Byond Username: Aurx

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Aurx » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:34 pm #19732

bandit wrote:I know there was a thread that was basically "You're 18, right? Just say you're 18 and this will all go away," but that's not what he's saying. He's saying:

- 12-year-olds forced to admit they're 18 are enough of a common presence in game that they can be used as a convenient example (it's against the rules obviously to know how many there are, but something tells me there aren't many)
- 12-year-olds won't know how to do shit but wander out the airlock, because they're 12
- 12-year-olds won't know how to disable ghost-ears, because they're 12
- 12-year-olds, in their utter ignorance/innocence, will have to watch ERP, because this is apparently so regular an occurrence it's bound to happen eventually

All of which is "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" bullshit. If you're (hypothetical "you") 12 and on the internet then you have probably seen far worse than ERP. Especially if you're 12 years old and playing online games at one point derived from 4chan. You're also probably smart enough to look up BYOND commands, or at least no worse off than your average player. You're a 12-year-old not a fucking vegetable.

Fair enough, misunderstood your post.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN

Incomptinence
 
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 3:01 am
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Incomptinence » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 pm #19737

Even the most ss13 ignorant 12 year old could just close the window once they died.

damiac
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:35 pm

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby damiac » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:11 pm #19820

bandit wrote:I know there was a thread that was basically "You're 18, right? Just say you're 18 and this will all go away," but that's not what he's saying. He's saying:

- 12-year-olds forced to admit they're 18 are enough of a common presence in game that they can be used as a convenient example (it's against the rules obviously to know how many there are, but something tells me there aren't many)
- 12-year-olds won't know how to do shit but wander out the airlock, because they're 12
- 12-year-olds won't know how to disable ghost-ears, because they're 12
- 12-year-olds, in their utter ignorance/innocence, will have to watch ERP, because this is apparently so regular an occurrence it's bound to happen eventually

All of which is "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" bullshit. If you're (hypothetical "you") 12 and on the internet then you have probably seen far worse than ERP. Especially if you're 12 years old and playing online games at one point derived from 4chan. You're also probably smart enough to look up BYOND commands, or at least no worse off than your average player. You're a 12-year-old not a fucking vegetable.


Yeah, he gets it. And yes, this was a hypothetical 12 year old, but based upon reality:
1. Players have been in the past and will continue to be in the future under 18, and if they mention it, they will be prompted by admins to admit they're lying.

2. The wander out the airlock example was from watching my brother try to play for the first time. He's over 18, but it's not farfetched to think a newer player may die quite quickly due to doing something dumb. In fact I've seen it happen quite a few times.

3. Again, this was more of a 'new player' example than a specific to 12 year olds example. A new player isn't going to see stupid ERP in their chat window and be like "Better go start clicking stuff in the ghost tab until this stops"

4. A player who meets the previous 3 items, and who happens to be online while ERP is occurring, will then be forced to watch ERP while underage.

Yeah, you can just close the game window if this happens to you. You can also just close the game window if someone emotes shoving their fist up your ass. But we still ban for that.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby bandit » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm #19823

damiac wrote:Yeah, you can just close the game window if this happens to you. You can also just close the game window if someone emotes shoving their fist up your ass. But we still ban for that.


Because there's a big fucking difference between two people consensually deciding to ERP and someone deciding to be a massive fucking tool to someone in-game, and if you still can't tell the difference then, as I said before, you actually scare me. This is literally the equivalent of deciding watching someone's PDA is equivalent to being raped.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby paprika » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:28 pm #19835

We should keep ERP on our server because children have seen worse shit, this is good sound logic bandit.

Like I said, people who ERP will use a different server and literally nothing of value will be lost. At all.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

User avatar
Kelenius
 
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:53 am
Byond Username: Kelenius

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Kelenius » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:35 pm #19837

Can you seriously give an argument of why ERP should not be banned that is not 'it was always like that'?

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby bandit » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:39 pm #19840

Kelenius wrote:Can you seriously give an argument of why ERP should not be banned that is not 'it was always like that'?


People have given several. No one has given an argument about why ERP should be banned that is not "ewww sex" or "THINK OF THE CHILDRENS".
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
paprika
Rarely plays
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: in down bad
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby paprika » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:58 am #19906

Bandit are you blind or just being ignorant for the sake of defending something you don't even do :)
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.

Konork
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:33 am
Byond Username: Konork

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Konork » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:42 am #19921

The main question isn't "why shouldn't we ban ERP" OR "why should we ban ERP", it's "is the effort required to ban ERP worth the benefits from doing so". And no, banning ERP won't immediately mean we can get rid of the 18+ rule, to do that, we'd have to completely ban any sex-related material from all chats, and although I haven't looked at the laws myself, I'm pretty sure that would just knock it down a year or two.

Lo6a4evskiy
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: You must be 18 or older to play on the game servers.

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:34 am #19936

bandit wrote:No one has given an argument about why ERP should be banned that is not "ewww sex" or "THINK OF THE CHILDRENS".

That's not true. There was an argument of people taking up important roles to ERP whole round.

Both sides have valid points. Now it's just a question of what the majority wants.

I have a better question though. Do you guys seriously care that poor underaged will read ERP and go crazy because their poor minds are too underaged to bear it?

PreviousNext

Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users