Metacomm punishments

somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Metacomm punishments

Post by somerandomguy » #473797

Metacomms can seriously mess up the game, potentially ruining any round the metacommers are part of. Recently, two people were banned for metacomms, but let off the hook with a one month ban. Should metacommers have a reduced ban if they don't reveal as much info, or should there still be a zero tolerance policy?
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Re: Metacomm punishments

Post by Kryson » #473801

I should note that I like the people involved and I have played a lot with them on Terry.

However, I think the punishment was too lax.

When I saw that they had immediately appealed I thought for sure they would get denied told to reappeal in a year, i thought they in the best case scenario get their sentences reduced to like 6 months if they were lucky.

I think we should take the severity of the situation into account when deciding the punishment, but we can be a bit stricter than that.
Shardj
Byond Username: Shardj

Post by Shardj » #473803

What is this? No tolerance high school bull? Every punishment should be appropriate to for the player and their actions, there should be no set lengths that always apply. This is how it has always been, and suddenly giving specific rule breaks set punishment lengths would be stupid.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #473805

Metacom bans should be permanent or if they've got a good track record and seem regretful, lower it to 6 months but not anything less.

Realistically metacomm bans can be appealed successfully after a year I'd imagine anyways unless you're a massive shitter or haven't learned.

I like most of the players involved but everyone should be held to a strict standard especially in the case of metacomms.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #473811

Zero tolerance Metacomm is equivalent to the school having a zero tolerance arson policy. There’s no way to misconstrue it, arson is arson.
Daxxed
Byond Username: Daxxed

Post by Daxxed » #473836

Is this ban requests now ?
But yeah, I agree.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #473840

I mean, it's one of the only ways of cheating at spess. Get rid of those shits.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #473874

imagine not permabanning people who intentionally want to break the game and setting

..uwu
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #473879

B-But they're sorry and regretful of it!!@!
Sorry they got caught, and regretful they can't play the game anymore.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #473910

Tbh, they only used metacomms to bully someone they didn't like, I mean it was all in good fun
4dplanner
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #473914

What's this about bullying? New to me
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #473917

4dplanner wrote:What's this about bullying? New to me
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34&t=19519
Ivan Issaccs wrote:Every time I log in to Terry, I have to deal with one or the other of you to attempting to fuck with Gnull. Whether its taking ghost roles, singling them out IC or using OOC means to affect them and taunt them personally. You have also referenced one anothers bannings in OOC when it is only one of you having been banned.

So in the round in question I've performed some tests.
The first was to knock one of you out. The second it took affect the other made a U-Turn and started running in their direction untill such as they woke up.
The second was to make the person you had been griefing a changeling so as it wouldn't be obvious that an admin was directly doing things to you.
True enough, the Changeling killed one of you and the other then stopped what they were doing and came running direct with a stun baton in hand to arrest.
At this point I was ready to apply the perma ban but more evidence had to come spilling out.
While one of you was dead and orbiting the changeling, cloaked with with the chameleon gene the other ran across the station with stun baton in hand and hit him while invisible.

You have used metacomms to the point that me and others on the admin team have been trying to evidence it for nearly two weeks.
You have also used it to metagrudge a player across a round after being warned and banned for it.
You are a toxic influence on the server, you have lied in this appeal and show no remorse about doing such and as such I am denying this appeal, I'd invite headmins to pass their oppinion but I very much doubt it will differ from my own.
4dplanner
Byond Username: 4DPlanner
Github Username: 4dplanner

Post by 4dplanner » #473919

Oh, I thought you meant the catgirl gang, never mind
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #473920

Wait there is more than one metacomm gang on terry? Which one got a slap on the wrist?
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #473931

The catgirl one