curse of madness

imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

curse of madness

Post by imsxz » #473894

just had a round on bagil where there was a curse of madness along the lines of "it's okay to kill people". I ahelped asking about it because people were killing each other, there's no policy on it at the moment and they suggested to make one.

What do you lads think? Should curse of madness enable antagging depending on the message, or should the message just be flavor for the already strong station-wide brain traumas?

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Re: curse of madness

Post by subject217 » #473905

if it were "just flavor" it would need a bunch of code changes to reflect this. it's a bit of a pandora's box in its' current state. the right answer is probably code changes.

like, with the current way it works, getting a message like "it's okay to kill people" would be VERY misleading if you weren't allowed to act on it by policy.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #474178

If the flavor text is explicit in saying "it's okay to kill people", then it should be okay to kill people. Players shouldn't be expected to study every minutiae and detail of policy decisions, especially when something on their screen from the game is telling them to do something. If this isn't the desired behavior it's a code problem.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #474620

ohnopigeons wrote:If the flavor text is explicit in saying "it's okay to kill people", then it should be okay to kill people. Players shouldn't be expected to study every minutiae and detail of policy decisions, especially when something on their screen from the game is telling them to do something. If this isn't the desired behavior it's a code problem.
It still needs policing because being allowed to do "specific antagonistic thing" doesn't necessarily mean you become a full-fledged antag, along with complete free reign. I can see some confusion coming from this