no more ERP

Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

no more ERP

Post by Hornygranny » #50410

We are banning ERP and sexual content on a trial basis. Thank you for your cooperation.
OrbisA
Byond Username: OrbisA

No More ERP {Discussion}

Post by OrbisA » #50487

This is a thread to discuss the desicion made by Horny Granny-
We are banning ERP and sexual content on a trial basis.
We don't know the extent of this, if it even applies to winks, kisses, mimes, luck, Ian, lizards, the librarian, comments, innuendo, sexual encounters, erin or even the alien rounds. So. at the very least, if we are going to get a new policy set up, even if the policy itself was voted down into the oblivion every time, we need clarifications, otherwise, I feel this is just a "Ban free" card for any admin that has a grudge on a player.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: No More ERP {Discussion}

Post by Saegrimr » #50490

OrbisA wrote:Ian
Dear god, no. Just no.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Aurx
Byond Username: Aurx

Post by Aurx » #50492

I asked HG in #adminbus, he said proper response for an admin is to issue a "Cut that shit out", not to just jump to banning.
Head admin, /vg/station
Game admin, /tg/station
POMF FOR HEADMIN
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #50494

I remember a round a week ago where the Captain kept trying to slide off and engage in intercourse with another person, resulting in a amusing round of people trying to find him and ruin everything.

I don't care for erp, but it has resulted in some amusing scenarios.

PS: I'm still waiting for the chance to arrest someone for conducting sexual violence.
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50496

Ah, so badger will remain as it is since we never have admins, but ERPing is not baneable, is this right?
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #50497

If I wanted to play Sex Gaem Online I'd play Second Life. I'm ok with this policy.
/vg/station Head Admin
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #50499

i used to think that erp should be banned pretty vehemently but then I realised
who fucking cares... at all...??

as long as people don't start getting banned for like kissing people i don't really see a huge problem i guess
it's almost a shame, though
the logs can be really, really good
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50503

It's clearly more about the fun and the shenanigans that erps generates, at least on badger, can't speak for sybil.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #50505

it's never really been a PROBLEM, is the thing, I guess
unless people are taking important jobs to do it all round or something
if you're doing it the entire round in the first place like what the fuck are you doing anyways

and it's not like it would stop rapes or anything if that was the goal

i guess it's a trial and we'll find out just how important this is to the game
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #50507

finally
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50508

oh, okay, since it's a trial I guess we can allow to disallow the thing that does nothing to others and has never been a problem and see if that thing, wich is not a problem and has never been, affects the game.

Yeah, sorry if I am a little slow, I work with PL/SQL, so I need things explained more precisely, I can't stop perceiving this is just a way to enforce a policy that was rejected before, I mean, even if I know it won't affect my game becouse admins don't go into badger unless we beg for two rounds and the guy blatantly admits it over OOC and even then we have to send someone to sybil to fucking adminhelp about it, I just know that we will continue to play as if nothing is happening, I just have this feeling of unease that this could be abused to cherry pick bans.

Look, I know you guys are doing what you consider to be the best for the game, but please understand where I might be a uncertain about this, you are just throwing that out, even after all the debates, after it was agreed it didn't affect the game, and all, and all, you bring this, in a format that is so vague and open...
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #50509

To be honest i've only ever seen like three people ERP on /tg/, only two of them did it multiple rounds in a row.

Best part is Erin Wake would ahelp every time we threw a clown, or oxygen-eating vines at him. Then he'd try his hardest to ERP through it or use it against us. Literally ERPing with goliath tentacles.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50513

Last Round I played I saw Erin Wake dressed as an school girl mime being chased by a virologist in full bio suit, those kind of things are the ones I want to protect. The logs themselves are only useful to point and laugh to fenex.
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #50526

Thank god this thing that doesn't affect me at all has been put to a stop. Now my normalfag friends won't make fun of me for playing 2D spessmen!
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #50530

Reminder that Zionn and Erin have erped unknowingly with EnterDOT
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #50537

I still believe Ian the Safe Sex Corgi is the best way to deal with ERP, and will likely continue to spread his word of condoms.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #50539

ERP has historically been a problem, causes drama, and really doesn't have much of a place really if you think about it.

Why ERP on a multiplayer SS13 server and not a chatroom? What utility does SS13 provide that a chatroom doesn't?

The implications of any potential answer are unpleasant. Generally ERP has been problematic because it encourages meta aiding beyond that which just friendship causes, or is just about people trying to make others uncomfortable.

Like for real, you are all presumably adults, lets not beat around the bush. Most people can understand what is sexual and what isn't. No one here was born yesterday and is going to buy "B-b-but they are going to ban kissing and winking." As long as you are not graphically typing out wet sloppy make out sessions or winking is some weird euphamism that I don't know about, that is hardly errotic roleplay. If you are super into getting it on in the dorms for SS13 roleplay it would not be hard at all to just set that shit up in IRC. For real. If you are doing it on ss13 for vouyeristic reasons you could get people to watch. Whatever, I don't judge, just don't spill it over into the game.
Spoiler:
Unless admins actually think a simple kiss emote, even a short, romantic one, is ERP, then I am worried about this change but still think the underlying idea is sound.
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #50551

Dezz the only times that ERP is a problem is when a head or the only person in their department runs off to do it, Amy lesson tries to keep a xeno alive to fuck it, or when the crew finds out its happening and goes murderboner on them.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #50561

Vekter wrote:I still believe Ian the Safe Sex Corgi is the best way to deal with ERP, and will likely continue to spread his word of condoms.
Goliath of Shame with pamphlets forever
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #50576

Wait so let me get this straight.

You can kill people in the game, that's fine. One could argue that it's the actual driving force of the game, to have antagonists who mainly murder people.

But you can't kiss people? That's now bannable, we don't want to see that stuff?

Man this is some silly shit. I've never erped, I've only seen it few times. But I've heard shitloads of people on the forums getting offended by this behavior (which, btw lead to your birth and is the most natural thing in the world to every species). I was proud before to see other servers ban erp and us, tg-style was nice smooth sailing "erp? whatever, man, people can love, we don't care". But now we're just like the other hypocrites in their murdering people but suddenly getting all scared if someone has play-sex.

People who were behind this decision, you have a twisted way of seeing the world.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #50580

I'm still going to ERP

via lewd messages written on paper

can't stop me nooooowww

Anyway, this thread boils down to:
I'm so happy a major form of RP that creates interesting situations and generally doesn't affect me at all has been banned!
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50585

You habe been banned by : HornyGranny.
Reason: Introduced sexual themes into the game.

banned by : HornyGranny.

HornyGranny.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #50586

It does seem slightly hypocritical for someone with a sexual name to be banning someone for doing something sexual.

But really though, I've seen far more interesting things come out of ERP scenarios, and most people enjoy waiting for the admins/crew to fuck with them in some capacity.
Phalanx300
Byond Username: Phalanx300

Post by Phalanx300 » #50589

Its part of the game. Are they bothering anyone? No? Then don't punish them. Should be as simple as that.
Skasi

Post by Skasi » #50590

I agree with Phalanx300 on this one.

Anyway..
most people enjoy waiting for the admins/crew to fuck with them in some capacity
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #50593

I'm gonna use the PDA IRC to ERP now, since people keep saying to go to online chatrooms for it.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #50601

OrbisA wrote:You habe been banned by : HornyGranny.
Reason: Introduced sexual themes into the game.

banned by : HornyGranny.

HornyGranny.
That's actually a good point. How come nobody's grossed out by this fairly gross nickname?
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50605

Now that the topic has been adressed, I had been preparing a list, so that HG can still participate as Head Admin and don't break his own rule.

Since Horny Granny is now a banneable offense, in any kind of medium, this is a list of allowed names to use

Happy Granny
Harsh Granny
Hapless Granny
Hideous Granny
Hissing Granny
Holistic Granny
Hitler's Granny
Homeless Granny
Hungry Granny
Husky Granny
Histerical Granny
Herropage's Granny
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #50606

Cmon, the ERP interfering shennanigans are hilarious. This seems like a lame nofun4u policy.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #50613

Let's try it out. This topic has been argued to death.

The only prominent ERP I see on the servers is select individuals who are taunted to death by the MAJORITY of players, likely the same people who are posting here against this policy. If these people wanted ERP they wouldn't have acted this way towards it. They want it to lure people shunned from bay and /vg/ onto our server to make fun of them. They don't ERP, and they probably don't even roleplay in the first place. They're way more disgusting than ERPers ever will be. But this is what they want, and now they have it :^)
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #50616

Tgstation is a RP server, meaning that you're supposed to simulate social interaction with the other players. Sex is just a social interaction, it's not something you should be disgusted or afraid of. I agree that silently running to the dorms with your metafriend and going to town isn't really RP and you could just move to a chatroom, but I don't see anything wrong with two people roleplaying their attraction in the game context and eventually evolve to the physical stage.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #50617

I think more so that so long as the ERP is consensual and in context, as well as built up and moderate, it should be fine.

Now if we are talking about two characters that jut bolt to the dorms at round start and start humping, then start sending in the clowns.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #50621

Exactly, send in the clowns. And the puppies. And the goliath of shame. Not the banhammer
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #50633

Steelpoint wrote:I think more so that so long as the ERP is consensual and in context, as well as built up and moderate, it should be fine.

Now if we are talking about two characters that jut bolt to the dorms at round start and start humping, then start sending in the clowns.
See it's nearly impossible to thrust this onto our admins, making them distinguish between what is griefable erp and what isn't. Most admins won't and haven't known the difference, which is why it's a complete waste of time for anyone to seriously roleplay or even do the sex/makeouts/whatetver on our server because it's looked down upon by the general crewmember who's passing by on his way to collect more stun prod batteries.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #50638

Don't lynch me, I opposed this decision. I actually think erp is hilarious.

If you have any questions, direct them to hg or an0n.

I'm also assuming this doesn't ban actions showing affection, like hugging or kissing. It just bans explicitly sexual activities.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Saintish

Post by Saintish » #50641

Saegrimr's dealt the first ERP ban. You see, he handled it fine when he spawned hostile clowns on us. Making it bannable is unnecessary
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #50649

i will never be able to read erp logs now
thanks hg
crack is whack but smacks got your back
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #50667

Saintish wrote:Saegrimr's dealt the first ERP ban. You see, he handled it fine when he spawned hostile clowns on us. Making it bannable is unnecessary
Ban reason: "In typical fashion, protests against rules by breaking them. You know the rule changes about ERP."

So you deliberately went out of your way to break the rules and get banned to make a point?

All I can think is that you're lucky it was just Saegrimr that handed it out.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #50670

I have a question. If someone gets banned under this rule, and the rule is later repealed for being awful, would they be unbanned?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #50678

Yes. They would just need to appeal it to bring it to our attention.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #50679

Wyzack wrote:I have a question. If someone gets banned under this rule, and the rule is later repealed for being awful, would they be unbanned?
Ikarrus wrote:Yes. They would just need to appeal it to bring it to our attention.
Honestly if you continue to do it despite knowing the rules and being warned, it doesn't really matter what the rule is, you've already proven that you don't care for the rules and will continue to break them anyway.
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50684

The rule is still very vague, we can't follow a rule that's so open to interpretations, that's the question I first made in my post and wasn't still not answered (aside from the this is not a ban, only a warning)
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #50688

OrbisA wrote:The rule is still very vague, we can't follow a rule that's so open to interpretations, that's the question I first made in my post and wasn't still not answered (aside from the this is not a ban, only a warning)
I'm not sure how no *touches ur dick* is vague.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #50705

Saegrimr wrote:Honestly if you continue to do it despite knowing the rules and being warned, it doesn't really matter what the rule is, you've already proven that you don't care for the rules and will continue to break them anyway.
No, it just proves that you don't care for that particular rule. For example, someone who ERPs under the new policy is not automatically a candidate for raping someone later on because "he doesn't care about the rules, man."
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #50707

bandit wrote:No, it just proves that you don't care for that particular rule.
And at what point does that end? Oh, you didn't like that one particular rule so you should be immune from it? What if someone just doesn't happen to like the "no murdering as nonantag" rule?

They aren't there to pick and choose from, you follow them or you leave.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #50713

I'm going to ignore that misstatement of my post because I have a legit question: Does this policy include WGW?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
OrbisA

Post by OrbisA » #50715

Second question, how long will this 'Temporal Test' is going to last?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #50716

As far as I'm aware, WGW policy remains unchanged.

Meaning spamming it or hiding will get your shit pushed in.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #50717

I wish the two headmins involved in making this decision would step forward and answer concerns and questions in the thread. It's really embarrassing for the community as a whole to see HG lock his announcement thread on the issue and then for both of them to drop of the face of the earth and just pretend like everything is fine. More importantly it feels disingenuous to have a policy subforum and then for policies to just be announced as a result of what I assume was admin discussion only. You even have admin only forums to post in we can still see, so even somewhere like that would've been fine.