Page 1 of 2

I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:15 am
by Isy232
Skip to the bold red text if you don't care about why I am deciding to make this.

Image

This is a round I was antag and murderboned by throwing as many people as I could into the SM, I think I killed maybe about 30 people with the syndi revolver and telescopic baton combined with me having a jetpack and having sabotaged grav.
This was done on events hall, so I was not fighting the most experienced players.
Additionally there were other traitors traiting, I met another during the course of the round and we kinda got along and agreed not to kill each other and just kill everyone else.

Now, directly, I think both of us antags killed about maybe 50-60 people in total.
The rest I would say were due to some valid escalation, other antags not murderboning but still killing and incompetence, such as all the competent engineers being dead so medbay never gets fixed and doctors cant heal.
5 or so may have been due to players not caring about their lives since they didn't roll antag and who suicided near roundstart.

After I eventually died to 2 sec men with disablers, I was greeted by quite a few ghosts, many of whom were annoyed I had basically ruined their round, few congratulated me on my robustness.

A few hours later, I just have a hollow feeling, it was fun being robust in the moment, but I feel like an asshole now and I think in general this round wasn't very fun for almost everyone involved.

Bold Red Text

What I propose is having an ingame poll, like many that have been done before, asking the question:
Do you think that antagonists killing large amounts of the crew with no in character reason is an issue?
1: Yes, I think changes against antagonists mass killing should be made.
2: No, I think things are fine as they are now.

I would also just like to add that I do not think that rule 4 should be changed, lone antagonists being able to do nearly whatever the fuck they want is an important part of /tg/ so I think the solution, if one is needed would lie somewhere in game balance.
I also think that roleplay on /tg/ should still remain as optional, this is another important part of /tg/ that is the reason many people play here and not on another server.

I think an ingame poll is necessary to avoid the bias of the few people who use the forums compared to the 300 or so people that now play on the servers.
If you want an example of this difference though, see the hivemind poll on the forums versus the one ingame.

I do know that I am not really providing a solution, but I think the topic is complex enough that we should figure out what the community actually wants before trying to address possible solutions.
If this vote passes as yes, that shouldn't mean we must change things if no solutions the community agrees on are thought of.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:36 am
by wesoda25
Wouldn't be tg if we didn't allow it. There'll always be those who don't like it, but limiting antags sucks.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:57 am
by zxaber
Nobody likes being murdered, especially in a way that keeps you from being cloned. Being killed indiscriminately is probably just a scapegoat feeling where the real annoyance is dying period, with the exception that large bodycounts lower the likelihood that anyone will bother finding and/or cloning you.

That being said, no policy change about this should be made. We're not Paradise, we don't throw a short leash on our traitors. If a particular weapon combo is consistently leading to successful murderboning, then perhaps a code solution is in order. If traitors are using obscure mechanics to get their numbers, then the mechanic will only be obscure for so long until others start using it and the population as a whole learns to avoid it.

Really, if you want to keep the ire of other players at a minimum, at the very least consider calling the shuttle and ending the round somewhere in the middle of your killing spree. People get a lot more upset over waiting for an hour to get the job they wanted again.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:33 am
by PKPenguin321
limiting antag murder was done once before on this server and sucked massive balls

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:09 am
by FloranOtten
Antag murderbone should always be allowed. I do think we should limit the murderbone options traitors have, and fix cancerous metas (the ol' taser-radio jammer-desword-secway), but that's a code issue, not a policy one.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:59 pm
by Dr_bee
I would just say encourage in character admin intervention to murder-boning. If a stealth syndicate operative wants to go super loud it should be expected for both centcom and the syndicate to have things to say about it.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:19 pm
by Isy232
What I mean as a possible solution is some sort of forced ERT response that can only be canceled by the keycard swipers. This would force said murderboning antag to make atleast 1 friend.
It would be triggered by a large amount of people being dead or something.

I am very against changing rule 4 still, I think antag murder should be limited in game balance, not by removing their freedom to do whatever they want.
I know that code solutions are likely the best here, but what I am trying to get from this post is a player poll to see if this is even an issue worth trying to fix.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:10 pm
by terranaut
Isy232 wrote:What I mean as a possible solution is some sort of forced ERT response that can only be canceled by the keycard swipers. This would force said murderboning antag to make atleast 1 friend.
It would be triggered by a large amount of people being dead or something.

I am very against changing rule 4 still, I think antag murder should be limited in game balance, not by removing their freedom to do whatever they want.
I know that code solutions are likely the best here, but what I am trying to get from this post is a player poll to see if this is even an issue worth trying to fix.

This could work, having a large percentage of the crew dead - say 75% or so - could lead to trigger a small ERT, and only in certain game modes of course (nukies shouldn't be punished for successfully wiping out the crew).

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:53 pm
by Stickymayhem
Call an admin. Megadeath should always be handled in-game through admin intervention.

Realistically if one agent has killed 75% of the staff of one of your stations, you're sending in the big guns.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:19 pm
by Shaps-cloud
Why would you murderbone on the event hall server with a bunch of new players, that's a bit sad

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:36 pm
by PKPenguin321
Shaps-cloud wrote:Why would you murderbone on the event hall server with a bunch of new players, that's a bit sad

Teach em young

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 3:57 pm
by cedarbridge
Isy232 wrote:What I mean as a possible solution is some sort of forced ERT response that can only be canceled by the keycard swipers. This would force said murderboning antag to make atleast 1 friend.
It would be triggered by a large amount of people being dead or something.

I am very against changing rule 4 still, I think antag murder should be limited in game balance, not by removing their freedom to do whatever they want.
I know that code solutions are likely the best here, but what I am trying to get from this post is a player poll to see if this is even an issue worth trying to fix.

The problem here is that by spawning an ERT you're essentially rewarding the sort of antag behavior you've said you don't want to see. Players who get hyped about dsword mass individual murdersprees are the also the sort of players who would see a code or admin-spawned ERT as a goal or a reward for their super robust(tm) playstyle. Where the style itself is fairly hollow, rewarding that with a "boss round" of sorts will just encourage more of it.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:10 pm
by confused rock
I think a good portion of the issue is also how bad people are at stopping em, primarily because everyone is such a massive dick to security that sec is too distracted to deal with actual murderbone. Code solutions will always be better than policy for policing antags though.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:30 pm
by imsxz
experienced players going and shitting on newbies on the designated newfriend server is shitty

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:02 pm
by Qbmax32
Imagine going onto the designated new people server, killing them off when they probably don’t even know how to fight back and then making a thread about how murderbone is too strong

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:13 pm
by confused rock
Also admin fuckery outside if actual punishments is all good if horrible waste of oxygen event hall murderboner is just qdeleted then that's all fine and dandy

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:52 pm
by D&B
Fuck off to yog

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:05 pm
by Eskjjlj
Those who don't know history are forced to repeat it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2252

viewtopic.php?t=1507

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:19 pm
by Daxxed
Go ahead, poll it

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:38 am
by BeeSting12
Qbmax32 wrote:Imagine going onto the designated new people server, killing them off when they probably don’t even know how to fight back and then making a thread about how murderbone is too strong

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:41 am
by cedarbridge
We're riding this one in a circle again I'm sure.

You're never going to see a reduction in mindless murderboning until you take the glamor away from being an antag in the first place.

You're never going to do that so long as:
1) The (perceived) majority of new content is combat focused or antag exclusive.
2) You're also never going to do that as long as Rule 4 exists.

Every time people are asked why they antag roll or why they shit around as an assistant when they don't get antag its because "all of the jobs are boring." This means that either they're just here for the super exciting Fortnite experience and didn't really give a shit about the jobs in the first place or that we've had a drought of interesting non-antag content compared to the 1-5 new antag-focused or combat-focused major content updates.

If you want a focus away from murder/combat antags then push coders to make (or make yourself) non-antag non-combat content for the game to encourage players to find interest in doing things that aren't "haha made that man horizontal"

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 am
by Farquaar
Traitors should be capable of the most damaging, round-ruining acts of terror possible. When you have a confirmed traitor in front of you, you should know that they are capable of anything. They could just want to steal some tech and lay low. They might have a bomb ready to blow half the station. There’s an element of chaos to it that /tg/ wouldn’t be the same without.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 1:23 am
by Dr_bee
cedarbridge wrote:If you want a focus away from murder/combat antags then push coders to make (or make yourself) non-antag non-combat content for the game to encourage players to find interest in doing things that aren't "haha made that man horizontal"


Well one solution would be to remove easy access to weaponry traitors get. Traitors get everything every other player has along with the freedom to use every mechanic to its full deadly potential.

Murder might actually require creativity instead of buying a revolver and clicking on an unaware sprite twice.

Hard mode traitor being added to the rotation, possibly with more antag slots than normal traitor, might do wonders for reducing the specialness of antag status and would make murderboning a bit harder.

The free license to griff should be the desirable thing about being antag, not the toys.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:03 am
by oranges
don't worry code nerfs will deal with murderbone.

tremble in fear murderboners.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:55 am
by FloranOtten
oranges wrote:don't worry code nerfs will deal with murderbone.

tremble in fear murderboners.


This is the optimal solution. If you can murderbone with naught but a disabler, a toolbox and your friendly smile all the power to you. Antags just currently have an uplink full of stuff dedicated to murderboning, so why use anything else?

Though this shouldn't be discussed in Policy Discussion

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:07 pm
by Isy232
oranges wrote:don't worry code nerfs will deal with murderbone.

tremble in fear murderboners.


Well if this is already being worked on then this whole policy discussion is kinda invalidated, a code solution is by far the best here.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 pm
by Shadowflame909
You didn't see all this greytide boredom with the gateway.


Xenobiology, mining, chef, bartend, botanist, and virology. Are the jobs with the least amount of tiders because there's engaging content for at least an hour. With the engineering (because of the nerfs) medbay, chemistry, and assistant just don't compare.

If you want tiding and antagonist murderboning to go down. You'll need easy content and engaging content.

Missing one of these aspects will lead to boredom and then grief/murderbone.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:37 pm
by subject217
Shaps-cloud wrote:Why would you murderbone on the event hall server with a bunch of new players, that's a bit sad

Because people who murderbone do it exclusively for their own entertainment and not anyone else's. New players are just an easy target.

oranges wrote:don't worry code nerfs will deal with murderbone.

Doesn't seem like it, sleeper PR was a massive buff to murderboning along with all the ridiculously broken traitor items that have gotten merged.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 pm
by CDranzer
Murderboning should absolutely be allowed, it just shouldn't be possible.

oranges wrote:don't worry code nerfs will deal with murderbone.

this but unironically

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:57 pm
by cedarbridge
Shadowflame909 wrote:You didn't see all this greytide boredom with the gateway.


Xenobiology, mining, chef, bartend, botanist, and virology. Are the jobs with the least amount of tiders because there's engaging content for at least an hour. With the engineering (because of the nerfs) medbay, chemistry, and assistant just don't compare.

If you want tiding and antagonist murderboning to go down. You'll need easy content and engaging content.

Missing one of these aspects will lead to boredom and then grief/murderbone.

Of the examples you gave, mining (especially this), viro, and xenobio are extremely isolated from the rest of the station and crew. Not mentioning that undermines your point a bit, but what remains is well-taken. Players fuck around when they don't have something more interesting to be doing (usually, there's a pretty high percentage that just clown without the shoes) but that's not accomplished by sectioning the departments more aggressively.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:10 am
by NecromancerAnne
To make murderboning even close to impossible would probably require making the actual act of prolonged combat impossible. Which would need fairly significant changes across the board. Combat fatigue, slower healing, more complex medical problems and solutions. Things that would make it very likely a traitor who goes loud and begins killing will wear themselves out until they die of attrition. Short of this, the alternative is knee-capping traitor gear. Which just seems even worse to me since antags are meant to be scary foes to fight with a variety of tools to one-up their opposition. Otherwise security is almost always going to have the upper hand in every scenario.

Personally I feel this cheapens antag just as much. Especially that, since we allow for anyone and everyone to validhunt, if you could not feasibly kill the entire station singlehandedly, what prevents the entire station from rushing you down anyway? Absolutely nothing. And so you end up having to fight everyone anyway. A group of vigilantes with tide weaponry poses as much a threat as security itself.

Edit: In addition to all this we have an objective which almost makes murderboning mandatory to succeed. You MUST murderbone to hijack. It is otherwise impossible under most circumstances unless you can formulate the perfect bloodless hijack, which would still be extremely difficult.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:28 pm
by Tlaltecuhtli
first of all revolver with infinite ammo shouldnt be a thing which i could easly fix if i cared enough
second murderboning isnt an issue if the boner is letting the shuttle be called/calling it after the crew is dead if he continues to recall he should be gibbed by admins
also >smurfing

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:34 pm
by confused rock
Real talk why did we add sl many murderboney traitor items in the first place
His grace is designed to only let the user live if they kill like 30 people and is extremely one dimensional
Clown car is solely designed to disrupt the round instead of accomplishing a goal and is extremely one dimensional
Desword isn’t as bad but as an uplink item instead of just a neat trick it’s promoting its use to murderbone more
Ebow’s immediate recharge makes it suited for massive sustained combat instead of short stealthy engagements
As much fun as they are holoparas are super good for escaping stuns and are far better than adrenals and most of all the holopara player will get bored if you aren’t constantly killing
The meme bundles are all for obnoxious murderbone or other one-dimensional annoyances

That’s only touching on traitor.

Again the vicious cycle of
One sec player is arguably bad > assistants go full tide > swath of tide makes it impossible for sec to function fairly > more tide > etc

Is a problem as wastes of oxygen will use up sec’s time so they are unable to fight actual antags

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:57 pm
by imsxz
if u wanna nerf murderboning u gotta nef autonomy. and we all know you fuckers fucking despise any autonomy nerfs because chemistry never makes meds or sci never does upgrades or medical never clones corpses etc.

Nerfing the ability to self heal would put a huge roadblock in murderboners but everyone and their mother would complain about anything that makes healing harder so thats out of the question

as an antag who murderboners frequently, i can say with full confidence that a large amount of my kills come from acquiring security gear and using that security gear to stun and kill ppl. I'm not saying that security gear is too strong but it certainly is a sight being able to have 4 people chainstunned to the point where theyre all in crit with 1 disabler and 1 baton. god forbid we nerf security either though we all know how well everyone handled the taser removal

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:12 pm
by imsxz
the slowdown when pulling downed people PR was an extremely good step in this direction btw the ability to stun an officer in broad daylight with just a stunprod and speed off into maints at the same speed as everyone else makes murderbone so extremely easy especially with the (still very strong) meta of emptying an extinguisher out behind you and also stunning the people that were trying to stop you from murdering the guy and you're able to get a 2/3/4/++ for the price of 1 it gets out of hand for the nonantags very quickly.

it would have really limited the ability to murderbone so brazenly and i was looking forward to it, felt a pang of sadness when it was closed. Wouldn't have even limited validhunting ability that much either unless you're the type of shitter that executes on the spot or if it's a chaotic round with lots of antags that you need to do field execution but those are fairly edge cases.

Yall make threads like this and also shun the idea of nerfing the core reason murderboning is so simple, being autonomy, that shit really fucking annoys me and i wish for at any period you guys would realize that nerfing autonomy isnt a bad thing and people would learn and adapt (and yes sometimes let you down, welcome to life) but at the end of the day you'll have more people interacting with each other (roleplay?????) and i think that's what the whole ss13 experience is supposed to be about; trying to survive and being paranoid about who you can trust because the guy healing you might be a wizard or something and kill you.

thank you for coming to my ted talk

edit: PR - https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/43063

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:21 pm
by cedarbridge
imsxz wrote:the slowdown when pulling downed people PR was an extremely good step in this direction btw the ability to stun an officer in broad daylight with just a stunprod and speed off into maints at the same speed as everyone else makes murderbone so extremely easy especially with the (still very strong) meta of emptying an extinguisher out behind you and also stunning the people that were trying to stop you from murdering the guy and you're able to get a 2/3/4/++ for the price of 1 it gets out of hand for the nonantags very quickly.

it would have really limited the ability to murderbone so brazenly and i was looking forward to it, felt a pang of sadness when it was closed. Wouldn't have even limited validhunting ability that much either unless you're the type of shitter that executes on the spot or if it's a chaotic round with lots of antags that you need to do field execution but those are fairly edge cases.

Yall make threads like this and also shun the idea of nerfing the core reason murderboning is so simple, being autonomy, that shit really fucking annoys me and i wish for at any period you guys would realize that nerfing autonomy isnt a bad thing and people would learn and adapt (and yes sometimes let you down, welcome to life) but at the end of the day you'll have more people interacting with each other (roleplay?????) and i think that's what the whole ss13 experience is supposed to be about; trying to survive and being paranoid about who you can trust because the guy healing you might be a wizard or something and kill you.

thank you for coming to my ted talk

edit: PR - https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/43063


I've mentioned this several times before. People regularly complain that they want less murderboning and less of an arena deathmatch feel to rounds, but then they balk at Rule 4 as sacrosanct. Its key to why people see antag as a reward instead of just a different role or different shade of the same role: because our rules treat it as a reward. RNG has decreed that this round you're unburdened by the rules, now its time to wordlessly make as many sprites horizontal as possible.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:42 pm
by Mickyan
Imsxz murderboning another thread with facts and logic

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:05 pm
by Shadowflame909
That PR is shit because it's compromise: Waiting the same amount of time it takes to break out of cuffs to grab someone without a slowdown. Has made that compromise pointless because the fireman carry still has a slowdown. Which makes the whole point useless.

Shit PR because Shit alternative in favor of artificial scarcity and stealing the rollerbeds.

Edit: To put it more coherently, that PR upsets me because the compromise of that PR being the fireman carry having a wait time before use, ultimately breaks down intentionally because 4dplanner wants medical beds be required to drag someone without any slowdown to give it some use. Which in this community, will lead to medical being robbed of even more of it's items. Just buff blood loss from being dragged bro. The suffering isn't worth it.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 pm
by cedarbridge
Steal my roller beds and I'll steal your organs for transplants.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 pm
by Shadowflame909
Won't stop me from building a stun baton and stealing it. Make an item a necessity, time for more escalation or murderbone. More scarcity more problems.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:42 pm
by confused rock
Imsxz is 300% correct

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:55 pm
by Nilons
its bad to fuck with rule 4 and OP going and being the biggest cunt possible on the server that is specifically for new players who don't know how to deal with a murderboner isn't really evidence that anything needs to be done about it on the main servers

At most you could argue that you should ban the exact situation described, where an older player went and bullied new players for no real reason but to make a sick policy thread under rule 1 for the event hall

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:15 pm
by CDranzer

Why the fuck isn't this a thing right now I am legitimately fucking mad

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:24 pm
by cedarbridge
CDranzer wrote:

Why the fuck isn't this a thing right now I am legitimately fucking mad

That PR is shit because it's compromise: Waiting the same amount of time it takes to break out of cuffs to grab someone without a slowdown. Has made that compromise pointless because the fireman carry still has a slowdown. Which makes the whole point useless.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:31 pm
by CDranzer
cedarbridge wrote:
CDranzer wrote:

Why the fuck isn't this a thing right now I am legitimately fucking mad

That PR is shit because it's compromise: Waiting the same amount of time it takes to break out of cuffs to grab someone without a slowdown. Has made that compromise pointless because the fireman carry still has a slowdown. Which makes the whole point useless.

Okay but what if I don't agree that you should be able to haul a corpse around at full speed

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:33 pm
by cedarbridge
CDranzer wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
CDranzer wrote:

Why the fuck isn't this a thing right now I am legitimately fucking mad

That PR is shit because it's compromise: Waiting the same amount of time it takes to break out of cuffs to grab someone without a slowdown. Has made that compromise pointless because the fireman carry still has a slowdown. Which makes the whole point useless.

Okay but what if I don't agree that you should be able to haul a corpse around at full speed

Then I'd say you didn't read the complaint.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:36 pm
by confused rock
Thog said he was interested in seeing it later, so we can just ask oranges when he's interested in trying it again.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:36 pm
by Shadowflame909
If you don't agree to that. Why should you make it so that having a Rollerbed will make people able to drag bodies at full speed.

Yeah, all the antags that need to kill people and get away, which is basically all of them. Will surely not take notice of this scarce way to do something fast.

It's just insulated gloves all over again.

I agree that medical needs more of a purpose. But that's going to have severe negative consequences.

We already have a system in place where, if you have a gaping wound and you're dragged about on the floor. You'll lose blood a whole lot quicker.

Just buff that multiplier, you'll see medical doctors use the medical bed for its intended purpose for sure. Otherwise, they're going to be running on empty blood packs all shift.

Shit Idea + false remedy put into a nerf makes a Bad PR.

Edit: To appeal to you patriots out there. When there's an inequality in a system. It's going to be abused. Clear as day.

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:40 pm
by cedarbridge
Shadowflame909 wrote:We already have a system in place where, if you have a gaping wound and you're dragged about on the floor. You'll lose blood a whole lot quicker.

Just buff that multiplier, you'll see medical doctors use the medical bed for its intended purpose for sure. Otherwise, they're going to be running on empty blood packs all shift.

People keep saying this and its not better for being repeated. If you're trying to further buff antag lethality this is how you do it.

>antag turbodragging is a problem so what if we just made turbodragging kill the downed victim faster

Re: I want to know if people think that murderboning is a genuine issue.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:43 pm
by Shadowflame909
Fair point. So I have a solution to your complaint.

We have an internal damage system. Albeit it's very minor.

Have dragging aggravate organ damage.

There, now the roller bed has become more useful. In less common circumstances.

Edit: Ultimately, let us say that a traitor needs to make sure someone stays dead. I see Delimbing tools becoming the new meta.

That and bombing botany to prevent Pod People.