Define OOC in IC.

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Define OOC in IC.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #494001

Bottom post of the previous page:

I've fallen into a pitfall that only Rule 0 should address. It's one of the drawbacks of the anti-rule-lawyering approach, and I see why it fits.

Doesn't stop me from being angry as all hell though.

So players and admins, what the hell do you define as Ooc in Ic? For me, it'd have to be a term that doesn't logically exist in ss13.

I was also thinking of a way to say, "A term that signifies knowledge of IC events of past rounds." But that also has its pitfalls. Considering we encourage ic knowledge of antagonist items and features, in another ruleset.

What do you guys think? Should this vague rule have more limitations, so the scenario of getting in trouble of one admin but not another has a minimized chance of occurring?

Might provoke anti-rule-lawyering arguments with this one. But I point towards admin shopping, which is also against the rules. As the other end of the stick.

Edit: To summarize why I think this deserves a Policy Discussion. Currently, OOC in IC is literally a more used Rule 0. Pretty big issue huh.
► Show Spoiler
Shadowflame909

Re: Define OOC in IC.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #494303

You can't be wrong if no one tells you why.
► Show Spoiler
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #494375

i cannot believe ive been goaded to occupy this hellhole once more however shadowflame consider this: you are way overthinking it and you should chill out. if you have this much time to make posts like this you should get a job or go study or something.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #494380

I honestly do not believe that this discussion will go anywhere anymore.

Be it the insults directed at this simple idea or the nitpicking out of hatred.

It is clear to me that you think it's dumb, and that I have a brain deficiency for suggesting it.

My mistake. I shall take into account how this server thinks before making any more policy discussions.
► Show Spoiler