Is this OK?

Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

Is this OK?

Post by Ghilker » #496065

So the other day I was with another player doing atmos stuff and he showed me an interesting contraption that is able to contain all the gases in the station at ambient temperature. Now since I surely don't want to get banned for abusing game mechanics/glitch/bug/etc I remade the same thing in another round to see if was really that easy to make or if there was some shady gimmicks involved. Turna out that yes, it was that easy to make, so in the same round I made a github post to point out the issue. But now I'm thinking, is really a bug/glitch and using it is bannable or is a safe to use feature?
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/44182
Ghilker

Re: Is this OK?

Post by Ghilker » #496078

Nevermind it got fixed, cheers
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #496079

Ghilker wrote: But now I'm thinking, is really a bug/glitch and using it is bannable or is a safe to use feature?
How is your constructing this contraption negatively influencing the round? If the answer is "Its not" then there's no rules violation here worth discussing. If the answer is some articulable way that your making this contraption is negatively influencing the round, why are you building it in the first place?

Its really the threshold question on basically every policy question really. "Is what I'm doing right now going to negatively impact this round or future rounds."
Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #496089

Well this contraption is very useful for atmos to quickly fill a canister with gazes over the normal pressure (like for doing fusion) without having to wait for science to do researches, so this contraption is positively improving the round. But this thing can and will be used by traitors to easily destroy the station with low effort and very high efficiency. But hey all of this is now useless since it got nerfed, feel free to close the topic or continue to post if you people have other ideas that are borderline to use because can be used as an improvement or as a detrimental addition.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #496437

This was fixed so the answer in the future is "no, how did you manage to do that?"
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #496448

Bug exploit flow chart is something like

Find a bug -> report it on github -> is the bug harmful to the game (gives an unfair advantage/breaks things)? -> [yes: don't exploit it or risk a ban | no: feel free to exploit it while you can]
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: