Should nervere rule on wilchens ban

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Should nervere rule on wilchens ban

Post by oranges » #497779

Bottom post of the previous page:

So, nervere and wilchen are friends (indisputably so)

given the nature of the ban, wouldn't it be the best possible case to hand the ban over to another headadmin to rule on?

Do I think that nervere would let that impact the outcome of the appeal? No

Does it cost anything to hand it over to another headadmin and avoid forever casting doubt on the outcome? No

Given that one outcome is zero cost, and the other could taint a ban appeal that is already going to be combative given the depth of feeling about that player, why not do it?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Should nervere rule on wilchens ban

Post by wesoda25 » #497974

imsxz I think its the fact that the appeal process seems staged that has people worried. Nerv gets shezza admin on bee, then in turn this is used as evidence that shezza is a good player.... That and the fact that they are known to be friends is sus in general and it loops back to the argument of “whats the harm in passing the baton to other headmins”. If nerv were to handle it and unban shezza alone, the validity would constantly be called into question and I don’t doubt it’d result in shezza being permad again somewhere down the line. Having Hulk and Wubli (the former of which I can’t believe holds a grudge, and the latter who I doubt would let a grudge, if they have one, interfere) benefits not only Nerv, but Shezza as well.
[this space reserved]
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #497988

S H E Z Z A G A T E
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #497989

An uninterested party would require more effort, but there would be no doubt of neutrality.
Spoiler:
I found this cool rock.Image
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #497998

Rustledjimm wrote: I reiterate that considering Shezza's past that this should not be about the singular ban but about their entire time at their community. That is how we deal with other players and so it is how shezza should be dealt with instead of being given special treatment by Nervere.
then the ban should be a new one
don't consider this my ruling on this but in general: why would i make a ban that could be lifted stick just because the player isn't good for the community? why wouldn't i, instead, ban them for that reason? using an unrelated ban to remove someone forever is cowardly

the ban will be discussed between the three of us but i beg of you that you think clearly before crying because someone was kept banned or was unbanned. what we will discuss about is the ban being appealed. if someone has to be removed from the community then it will be discussed separately.

and if it works for you: i am not wilchen's fan either. we are nowhere being friends and it is not someone i'm interested in developing a friendship with. if anything, you could say i am biased against them, but i definitely will not let that affect the way i handle this appeal. i'm not here to discuss whether or not they should be removed forever from the community because that's not the ban being appealed kthx
Super Aggro Crag wrote:Shezza sent me a bunch of messages telling me to kill myself
you should report this if true
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #498005

I understand your points wubli. Though by unbanning someone you are letting them back into the community and that aspect should be discussed, it is not an entirely separate discussion. If it's found the ban is unworthy but the person does not deserve to be let back into the community, or should not be let back for the betterment of the community, then I believe they should receive a ban reflecting so.

Also Shezza having sent Crag messages telling them to commit suicide is a very old, well known fact. Probably from before your time wubli.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #498007

Wubli part of shezzas ban reason talked about them being a shit member of the community. I don’t wanna get off topic, but you seem to be of the opinion that the only thing that should be discussed is the ERP, and yet:
More, you have an extensive history in this community of shittery, stupidity, creepiness, and I\'m putting it to an end. This is a rule 0 ban. Appeal this ban when you can be a part of our servers without being a pile of radioactive waste.
[this space reserved]
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Post by wubli » #498019

wesoda25 wrote:Wubli part of shezzas ban reason talked about them being a shit member of the community. I don’t wanna get off topic, but you seem to be of the opinion that the only thing that should be discussed is the ERP, and yet:
More, you have an extensive history in this community of shittery, stupidity, creepiness, and I\'m putting it to an end. This is a rule 0 ban. Appeal this ban when you can be a part of our servers without being a pile of radioactive waste.
oopsie whoopsie uwu it seems finals have finally made me senile
i'll handle this properly when i'm not vomiting blood and dating anime boys to keep myself from dying
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #498024

Nabski wrote:An uninterested party would require more effort, but there would be no doubt of neutrality.
Spoiler:
gneiss pic dude
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #498038

I fully trust Nervere to rule on something impartially like this ban. My personal RECOMMENDATION is that he pass it off to one of the other headmins, just to keep things transparent and to ease doubts that people may have about it. However, this is a decision I mostly see as affecting him and his own reputation and I leave it in his hands as to what direction he wants to go with that decision as a whole.
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #498039

Super Aggro Crag wrote:
Nabski wrote:An uninterested party would require more effort, but there would be no doubt of neutrality.
Spoiler:
gneiss pic dude
Thanks, it's actually Paleozoic Limestone, with Vertical Stylolites. It's a rather rare find, in the top 10 of my collection.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #498075

make an in-game poll to unban shezza its the only fair option power to the proletariat

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #498140

I value the trust the community has in me far more than my pride so we’ll rule on this together as headmins.
Sorry for the drama, I was being dumb about this and needed to sleep on it to get a clear head.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #498166

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #498180

ok, thanks! I appreciate it
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #498326

also the irony in the fact that nervere casts doubt on a previous headmins ability to impartially post regarding a person they dislike while simultaneously asserting that he is capable of being impartial about a person he does like (without an actual argument for either side) is rich
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #498362

Nabski

Post by Nabski » #498365

Nilons wrote:also the irony in the fact that nervere casts doubt on a previous headmins ability to impartially post regarding a person they dislike while simultaneously asserting that he is capable of being impartial about a person he does like (without an actual argument for either side) is rich
Obviously if you have any feelings towards a person, you shouldn't be involved in it, right?

I feel like he clearly stated this at some point.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #498431

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Image
Crag I want you to know that you are loved and that that cunt DMing you is a miserable waste of biomass (look at all that projecting they're doing too, yikes ?)

To stay on topic with the thread, nervere should rule on this ban if and only if he intends to deny it immediately and preferably extend it indefinitely
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #498823

This has been resolved, Nervere has agreed to allow the other headmins to weigh in on the appeal in question and I'll be locking this.