Byond Username: Anuv

Friendly zombies

Post by Anuv » #498803

Allowed or no
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Re: Friendly zombies

Post by Skillywatt » #498807

seems like zombies are antags and antags can do whatever, including nothing.
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #498832

Skillywatt wrote:seems like zombies are antags and antags can do whatever, including nothing.
What about heading straight to medbay and begging to be de-zombified? I see that was no different from asking to be purified from cult or asking to be de-revved via head baton
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #498833

They’re not considered team antags though, I think their only objective is to kill humans, and we don’t force antags to work towards their objectives.
[this space reserved]
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #498836

Only lame people who can't accept that they got beaten by zombies play "friendly" zombies.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #498838

it feels shit that zombies can instantly rush to medbay and get "deconverted" because they aren't actually team antags. Romerol costs 25TC for christs sake, the least it can do is force the zombies to forget their past lives or something
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #498839

Jimmius wrote:it feels shit that zombies can instantly rush to medbay and get "deconverted" because they aren't actually team antags. Romerol costs 25TC for christs sake, the least it can do is force the zombies to forget their past lives or something
That's exactly why I posted this. Last night a guy was crying that he didn't want to be converted and was telling other zombies to stop fighting and come to medbay with him just to spite the traitor that caught him, being really salty. I would consider zombies to be team antags (help convert and group up against non-zombies) but I haven't seen any policy or even discussion about it. Rule 1 aside a policy call would be good
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #498840

Enough players would jump on the chance to be a killer zombie i have never seen this become a issue. Solution is just make more zombies. :)
Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #498841

until the first person that turns into a zombie instantly rats you out over the radio, you get executed, and they go to medbay to get the tumour removed.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #498887

So do it in a way that they don't know who you are.

Dorms has masks and spare jumpsuits for a reason.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #498888

Jimmius wrote:until the first person that turns into a zombie instantly rats you out over the radio, you get executed, and they go to medbay to get the tumour removed.
welcome to ss13, sometimes you die
Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #498891

ive never died in the game ever, and i've never bought romerol either. i just like having opinions about things that don't affect me
Daxxed
Byond Username: Daxxed

Post by Daxxed » #498899

Have been bwoinked and told to attack humans when I was hesitant to attack a group of robust players LOL
Obviously I died which I guess is the same thing as being friendly so what did it matter
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #498900

oranges wrote:
Jimmius wrote:until the first person that turns into a zombie instantly rats you out over the radio, you get executed, and they go to medbay to get the tumour removed.
welcome to ss13, sometimes you die
Which is exactly what people who become zombies should accept.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #498926

The game is more fun when zombies try to eat your brains tbh
► Show Spoiler
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #498930

>not pretending to want to be cured only to bite people who try to help you, spreading your curse to the masses.

Romerol is a powerful traitor tool, able to derail an entire round. Romerol being released is basically a guaranteed shuttle call. It having some downsides for the person using it is not a bad thing.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #498939

I did romerol last night, but had a few friendly zombies unfortunately. The zombie apocalypse can really lose momentum if one of the first critical zombies turns out friendly.

It didn't really have much impact that game though although i could probably have zombified the whole shuttle if not for the vegan zombie.

My problem is that every time i buy romerol a miner starts cutting them down with a spellblade(nuke lavaland).
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #498941

afaik admins will bwoink if you try to unzombify willingly, you're supposed to attack people, that's kind of the point.
Anuv

Post by Anuv » #499007

Kryson wrote: My problem is that every time i buy romerol a miner starts cutting them down with a spellblade(nuke lavaland).
If not spellblade the plasma cutters have such a ridiculous delimb potential, instant zombie culler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #499009

Dr_bee wrote:Romerol is a powerful traitor tool, able to derail an entire round. Romerol being released is basically a guaranteed shuttle call. It having some downsides for the person using it is not a bad thing.
The downside is that you have a horde of zombies trying to eat your brains while you're trying to escape.
► Show Spoiler
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #499016

Anuv wrote:
Kryson wrote: My problem is that every time i buy romerol a miner starts cutting them down with a spellblade(nuke lavaland).
If not spellblade the plasma cutters have such a ridiculous delimb potential, instant zombie culler
I mean thats kinda on brand for the thing a plasma cutter is a reference to
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #499026

Arianya wrote:
Anuv wrote:
I mean thats kinda on brand for the thing a plasma cutter is a reference to
I'm also shocked that a cutter cuts.
Kenteko
Byond Username: Kenteko

Post by Kenteko » #499066

I want to point out because this does happen in meme rounds, but monkey fever victims need a judgment call too. Monkey fever flat out tells you in flavor text to go bite someone, ANYONE, and many people will just whine about being turned into a monkey and continue on as normal. I think any call made to zombies should likely also apply to monkey fever (and vice versa).
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #499074

people who become a zombie and play friendly is whatever, it's a fun meme game, if you put all your eggs in one basket on some dude carrying your game then you'll just end up like any person who relies on anyone in a team antag or even just normal antag scenario, getting fucked by a bad player sometimes.

tl;dr sometimes you get the mega bloodthristy zombies who beasts everyone, and sometimes you get the shitter that sucks or plays friendly, it's how it goes.

going to medbay straight to get deconverted is just kind of shitty and i dislike that immensely. that being said there's probably a reason why people dislike being turned into a zombie and giving them a chance to even get deconverted is kind of stupid, it should just permanently rot your brain and rob you of any human function imo, gives some incentive to enjoy eating people because otherwise you'll just be a ghost.
retired ss13 coderman
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #499090

I consider it an antag in the same way abductor is one. You have to play the role or there's no point in offering it to begin with.

The person who should be rule 10'd in this situation is the jerkface who got zombied but is butthurt about it, not the antags who put in their monopoly money to shift the round a certain way (aka do their job).+
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #499109

that's a pretty bad way to go about it because then someones just going to secretly spite the person they dislike by "accidentally" dying, you need to give some incentive to the person who actually got zombified, you can't force anyone to play anything ever, it just doesn't work.
retired ss13 coderman
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #499120

they're team antags this was ruled on a while ago https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... ed#p285046

the only time I'd really permit or kinda expect friendly zombies is nonantags self-romerol'ing and then killing themselves because its self antagging otherwise
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #499276

Whoneedspacee wrote:that's a pretty bad way to go about it because then someones just going to secretly spite the person they dislike by "accidentally" dying, you need to give some incentive to the person who actually got zombified, you can't force anyone to play anything ever, it just doesn't work.
All team antags have this rule. A bare minimum of not working against the team or voluntarily deconverting should be expected.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #499355

Whoneedspacee wrote:that's a pretty bad way to go about it because then someones just going to secretly spite the person they dislike by "accidentally" dying, you need to give some incentive to the person who actually got zombified, you can't force anyone to play anything ever, it just doesn't work.
the incentive is you get banned if you don't play nice, is that sufficient?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current