dynamic mode: which greentext do you follow?

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

dynamic mode: which greentext do you follow?

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #503201

now that solo antag + conversion antag can be common, what should someone do if he is solo antag and gets converted? does the conversion greentext take priority?
what if a traitor objective is a cultist? what if an awoken vessel gets converted and the hivemind isnt cult? whats the priority on antag objectives?

list of things that gives objectives:
cult
hivemind
traitor/ling/solo antag
wiz skeleperson
wiz construct
hypno'd people
brainwashed people
revs
survivalist
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Re: dynamic mode: which greentext do you follow?

Post by NoxVS » #503209

IMO greentexts that end the round / are a team effort should be highest priority, followed by brainwashed objectives, and then normal antags

cult
revs
hivemind
brainwashed people
hypno'd people
wiz skeleperson
wiz construct
survivalist/traitor/ling/solo antag
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #503211

NoxVS wrote: cult
revs
hivemind
brainwashed people
hypno'd people
wiz skeleperson
wiz construct
This but put hivemind at the bottom
[this space reserved]
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #503213

wesoda25 wrote:
NoxVS wrote: cult
revs
hivemind
brainwashed people
hypno'd people
wiz skeleperson
wiz construct
This but put hivemind at the bottom
Oh, my bad, meant to put it down with traitors. Overall if you aren't obligated to attempt to greentext then you dont have to worry about your objectives IMO.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #503221

Dont forget devil. They sort of ascend and end the round
► Show Spoiler
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #503230

Hypno / brainwash should be priority over solo antags, you're literally compelled to do it and technically you become a team antag with whoever brainwashed you.

Wizard construct / skel has to kill you and changes your team to that of wizard, it should delete all other objectives.

Cult I would assume would be the highest "priority" given it changes the team of you and anyone under you and the ultimate goal of cult is to literally kill everyone after a summon. Cult should be completely incompatible with all other team antags. I would also be inclined to assume cult should make you immune to brainwashing since a core part of cult is that you're not allowed to out teammates.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #503403

If you start as solo traitor but then get culted, and succeed as a cultist but don't complete your traitor objectives, do you stil get considered "successful" at the end of the round?
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #503405

Given winning at cult generally ends in gibbing, I'd probably hazard "no" unless you happened to get assassinate and glory death
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #503428

Long time ago when this was first considered, I suggested solo antagonists be resilient, but not immune to conversion. Essentially, antagonists of equal or lower "value" cannot convert other antagonists of equal or higher "value". With current antags, it'd look something like this:

0. Server rules/Admin fiat
1. Silicon laws
2. Constructing/Zombification/Necromantic enthrallment (Being sharded, killed and revived as a skeleton/zombie)
3. Traitor/Wizard/Ninja/Abductors/ Nuke OPs (Justify it as anti-memetic training, incompatible brain patterns or Protection from Good/Evil/Law/Chaos spells)
4. Cult
5. Revolutionary/Brainwashing
6. Creep/Hivemind
7. Unaligned

I don't think having all antagonists should be convertable is a good idea. A revolutionary ninja/wizard, while unlikely, would be utterly broken and severely unbalance things especially since they, IIRC, don't start with flash protection. Killing and reviving them as thralls or cyborgs is fine as they, usually, lose a significant amount of their power.
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #503552

If this becomes more complicated than "Team antag status takes priority over Solo antag status" then it should be a code fix. No one should need to memorize an 8 entry long list of priorities.

If we're going to have any sort of complex hierarch of which antag wins then we should have code that deletes your old objectives and loyalties.

Also, inb4 someone loses their antag round because a traitor spawns next to a rev head, fails to get converted, and gets killed for it.
--Crocodillo

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #503561

For balance reasons. I think ALL roles should be able to get antag on Dynamic mode.

Now instead of you ganging up on the captain. Or that security officer, they're using your own tools against you.

Fair is fair gamers.
► Show Spoiler