Hey! Listen!
Toolboxing For A Cause 2.0
a /tg/Station13 Charity Tournament
Will begin Saturday the 12th at 1pm PST / 4pm EST / 8pm GMT at the Event Hall.
(You've donated r-right?)

Copypastas in IC chat

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

User avatar
Tarchonvaagh
 
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Copypastas in IC chat

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:25 pm #505035

I've seen several players and AIs writing copypastas on the common radio channel or on a comms console. If it isnt yet, it should be bannable or should make you valid.
Mathias Corvin on Terry.
Some random quotes I find disturbing:

Spoiler:
420goslingboy69 wrote:looking foir all the girl admins so we can have a party server you know what i am saying formal complaitn that there aint enough babes in bikinis and dresses (i mean skirts lol) telling us boys how we should paly the game and handle our roleplaying ic interactions


looping wrote: HELLO I AM BANNED FROM THE FORUM AND I WANT OUT OF THE HUTT, IT SMELLS AND THE PEOPLE WHO WALK THE GROUND NEXT TO ME DO NOT WASH THEIR FINGERS WHICH NOW ARE LONG AND CAKED IN DIRT


fopat wrote:Admin : dickhead
Reason of ban: Community dickedness
Server: Shity game
Admin with problems : [REDACTED]
Admin that needs to kill himself : [REDACTED]
My appeal : Just pick up a flamthorwer and kill community and you cured cancer , good job you are a hero .
Admin reaction: forum ban , Some shit talk , alot of salt
Community reaction: Memes , ALOT OF MEMES Holly
My reaction: Thanks you cured my cancer , by banning me from this shity game
Reason of appeal: Anger the admin , and make him game end himself
Fan Reaction: GWQEINHHHHHH ... And another alien shit
THE BIGGEST THE BIGGEST THE BIGGEST SHIT : Byond
Conclusion: dont waste your life playing this game , and admins suck , in alomost all games , because they are human , AND HUMANS SUCKS


OOC: BORKBORKBORK555: This game is a fucking disney film, And when the film ends at the shuttle dock all the actors just pull out shanks and murder each other

lmwevil wrote: PM: Optimumtact->Jerry Derpington: jerry(?|F) I'm gonna tickle your colon with my cock


i forgot it wrote: [Security] Ned Speaker says, "Hello, I've just arrived"
[Security] Ned Speaker says, "What is the current threat to the station?"
Clue Less says, "It's revs"
[Security] Clue Less says, "It's revs"
*BWOINK*
--ADMINISTRATOR PRIVATE MESSAGE--
Admin PM from-Ban Quota(Anime Catgirl):Why did you netspeak? you have too many notes, enjoy your ban
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
You have been banned by Banquota.
Reason: OOC in IC
This is a permanent ban.
To try to resolve this matter head to viewforum.php?f=7
You have been disconected


Image



User avatar
Gigapuddi420
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 am
Location: Dorms
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby Gigapuddi420 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:40 pm #505036

I've let it slide so long as it's feasibly just people in the round sarcastically repeating the words someone else said. If it refers to OOC concepts and I see it I'm going to at least message the guy and warn them. It's pretty contextual to what's happening in the round and what is being said. It's kind of lame but sometimes people will just mock someone else's announcement from the same round. That should be fine to a extent so long as it doesn't become too spammy. Basically don't run the joke into the dirt to the point it's completely obnoxious and spamming the chat. Don't forget that OOC in IC is still a thing.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.

User avatar
Shaps-cloud
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:25 am
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby Shaps-cloud » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:48 pm #505038

if an admin sees it and thinks it's disruptive they'll tell them to stop

/thread
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.

Image

User avatar
Tarchonvaagh
 
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:25 pm #505043

It is pretty immersion-breaking at times (M-MUH IMMERSION), and yes, very lame. Only memey players do so.
Mathias Corvin on Terry.
Some random quotes I find disturbing:

Spoiler:
420goslingboy69 wrote:looking foir all the girl admins so we can have a party server you know what i am saying formal complaitn that there aint enough babes in bikinis and dresses (i mean skirts lol) telling us boys how we should paly the game and handle our roleplaying ic interactions


looping wrote: HELLO I AM BANNED FROM THE FORUM AND I WANT OUT OF THE HUTT, IT SMELLS AND THE PEOPLE WHO WALK THE GROUND NEXT TO ME DO NOT WASH THEIR FINGERS WHICH NOW ARE LONG AND CAKED IN DIRT


fopat wrote:Admin : dickhead
Reason of ban: Community dickedness
Server: Shity game
Admin with problems : [REDACTED]
Admin that needs to kill himself : [REDACTED]
My appeal : Just pick up a flamthorwer and kill community and you cured cancer , good job you are a hero .
Admin reaction: forum ban , Some shit talk , alot of salt
Community reaction: Memes , ALOT OF MEMES Holly
My reaction: Thanks you cured my cancer , by banning me from this shity game
Reason of appeal: Anger the admin , and make him game end himself
Fan Reaction: GWQEINHHHHHH ... And another alien shit
THE BIGGEST THE BIGGEST THE BIGGEST SHIT : Byond
Conclusion: dont waste your life playing this game , and admins suck , in alomost all games , because they are human , AND HUMANS SUCKS


OOC: BORKBORKBORK555: This game is a fucking disney film, And when the film ends at the shuttle dock all the actors just pull out shanks and murder each other

lmwevil wrote: PM: Optimumtact->Jerry Derpington: jerry(?|F) I'm gonna tickle your colon with my cock


i forgot it wrote: [Security] Ned Speaker says, "Hello, I've just arrived"
[Security] Ned Speaker says, "What is the current threat to the station?"
Clue Less says, "It's revs"
[Security] Clue Less says, "It's revs"
*BWOINK*
--ADMINISTRATOR PRIVATE MESSAGE--
Admin PM from-Ban Quota(Anime Catgirl):Why did you netspeak? you have too many notes, enjoy your ban
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
You have been banned by Banquota.
Reason: OOC in IC
This is a permanent ban.
To try to resolve this matter head to viewforum.php?f=7
You have been disconected


Image

SkeletalElite
 
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby SkeletalElite » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:39 am #505162

I like to do the just as the founding father's intended copy pasta as the AI when I'm given american laws. Really seems context dependent. If it at least makes sense in the context I think it should be fine.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby cacogen » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:54 am #505172

stop being a pussy

User avatar
deedubya
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Ssjdarkwarrior

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby deedubya » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:58 am #505182

One day while Andy was masturbating, Woody got wood.
collector of salt, hater of the tide
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Image

User avatar
Davidchan
 
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:48 pm
Byond Username: Davidchan

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby Davidchan » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:07 pm #505198

Hows this not considered a Rule 3 Violation of OOC in IC?
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby cacogen » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:06 am #506366

this is a time honoured ss13 tradition and you should stop being a bitch. smut makes you valid, excessive spam will get you in trouble with the admins. what's the problem

User avatar
peoplearestrange
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby peoplearestrange » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:43 am #506378

If its in IC i'll bwoink em.
If its in OOC and its start/end of round I probably don't care enough.
If its literally repetitive spam, banu
/tg/stations' Ex-Forum Mother and a Game-Admin
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box - IceCreamCohn's #1 reason for signing up to the forums.

User avatar
Tarchonvaagh
 
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 9:30 pm
Location: Hungary
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby Tarchonvaagh » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:26 am #506418

Some people are confused, I meant copypastas like the "jayson gibson" and "lexia black"
They are definitely rule 3 violations
WGW and smut is part of the game
Mathias Corvin on Terry.
Some random quotes I find disturbing:

Spoiler:
420goslingboy69 wrote:looking foir all the girl admins so we can have a party server you know what i am saying formal complaitn that there aint enough babes in bikinis and dresses (i mean skirts lol) telling us boys how we should paly the game and handle our roleplaying ic interactions


looping wrote: HELLO I AM BANNED FROM THE FORUM AND I WANT OUT OF THE HUTT, IT SMELLS AND THE PEOPLE WHO WALK THE GROUND NEXT TO ME DO NOT WASH THEIR FINGERS WHICH NOW ARE LONG AND CAKED IN DIRT


fopat wrote:Admin : dickhead
Reason of ban: Community dickedness
Server: Shity game
Admin with problems : [REDACTED]
Admin that needs to kill himself : [REDACTED]
My appeal : Just pick up a flamthorwer and kill community and you cured cancer , good job you are a hero .
Admin reaction: forum ban , Some shit talk , alot of salt
Community reaction: Memes , ALOT OF MEMES Holly
My reaction: Thanks you cured my cancer , by banning me from this shity game
Reason of appeal: Anger the admin , and make him game end himself
Fan Reaction: GWQEINHHHHHH ... And another alien shit
THE BIGGEST THE BIGGEST THE BIGGEST SHIT : Byond
Conclusion: dont waste your life playing this game , and admins suck , in alomost all games , because they are human , AND HUMANS SUCKS


OOC: BORKBORKBORK555: This game is a fucking disney film, And when the film ends at the shuttle dock all the actors just pull out shanks and murder each other

lmwevil wrote: PM: Optimumtact->Jerry Derpington: jerry(?|F) I'm gonna tickle your colon with my cock


i forgot it wrote: [Security] Ned Speaker says, "Hello, I've just arrived"
[Security] Ned Speaker says, "What is the current threat to the station?"
Clue Less says, "It's revs"
[Security] Clue Less says, "It's revs"
*BWOINK*
--ADMINISTRATOR PRIVATE MESSAGE--
Admin PM from-Ban Quota(Anime Catgirl):Why did you netspeak? you have too many notes, enjoy your ban
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
You have been banned by Banquota.
Reason: OOC in IC
This is a permanent ban.
To try to resolve this matter head to viewforum.php?f=7
You have been disconected


Image

User avatar
OhChildflayer
 
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:21 am
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby OhChildflayer » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:21 pm #506475

I love memes, copypasta, and disrupting rounds with shenanigans, but when someone uploads a law so the AI spams one over and over, it DOES get hard to read everything else. Like everything, fun in moderation, but some local dentheads tend to over do it.

User avatar
bandit
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby bandit » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:28 pm #506477

OhChildflayer wrote:I love memes, copypasta, and disrupting rounds with shenanigans, but when someone uploads a law so the AI spams one over and over, it DOES get hard to read everything else. Like everything, fun in moderation, but some local dentheads tend to over do it.


The AI doesn't have to spam copypasta even if its laws say to, it falls under "unreasonable/obnoxious orders"
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls

User avatar
Calibraptor
 
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:56 am
Byond Username: Calibraptor

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby Calibraptor » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:40 am #506551

This is why I edit copypastas to be applicable to IC circumstances

For example:
Code: Select all
I have an announcement to make: The HoS is a bitch ass motherfucker. He pissed on my fucking wife. That's right. He took his little mall cop dick and he pissed on my FUCKING wife, and he said his dick was THIS BIG, and I said that's disgusting. So I'm making a callout post on my Nanotrasen.NT account. HoS, you have a small dick. It's the size of this cigarette except WAY smaller. Oh and guess what? Check your PDA. That's what MY dong looks like. That's right baby, tall points. No warts, discoloration, look at that. It looks like two balls and a bong. He fucked my goddamn wife so you know what, I'm gonna fuck his entire department. That's right, this is what you get! You see this antique laser? You're gonna get my SUPER LASER PISS! Except I'm not gonna piss on your wife, oh no. I'm gonna go higher. I'm PISSING ON YOUR FACE IN SPACE. How do you like that, HoS?! I PISSED ON YOUR FACE, YOU IDIOT!


This wouldn't be unacceptable to message via announcement, radio, PDA, etc. Should be fine as long as you don't spam it.
Image

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby cacogen » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:49 pm #506624

Tarchonvaagh wrote:Some people are confused, I meant copypastas like the "jayson gibson" and "lexia black"
They are definitely rule 3 violations
WGW and smut is part of the game

is referencing characters in copypasta now somehow against the rules?

User avatar
Reyn
 
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:13 am
Location: Canada
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby Reyn » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:39 pm #514289

Apparently, During an Ahelp, I got an admin ruling that WGW posters are valid.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:11 pm #514327

Reyn wrote:Apparently, During an Ahelp, I got an admin ruling that WGW posters are valid.

woah stop the presses this almost 10-year-old rule still exists #wow #woah
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Sandshark808
 
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:56 pm
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby Sandshark808 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:25 am #514373

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Reyn wrote:Apparently, During an Ahelp, I got an admin ruling that WGW posters are valid.

woah stop the presses this almost 10-year-old rule still exists #wow #woah

Shh don't tell them the secret!
Image

User avatar
MortoSasye
In-Game Head Admin
 
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:05 pm
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Re: Copypastas in IC chat

Postby MortoSasye » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:24 pm #515197

As long as it isn't harassment or it's spamming the chat, copypastas in character are fine.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
Image
Give sweet feedback here or go ''admin man bad'', pick your poison: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20661&view=unread#unread
NSFW:
Image


Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dawson1917, Iatots, Polish_User, zxaber