Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby CPTANT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:42 pm #507373

I mean we exclude catpeople from being human for changes that are arguably more minor.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille



User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:51 pm #507376

They still have the arm. It's just under the armblade.

Yes, they're human.

It'd be like making a man with a chainsaw arm suddenly no longer human.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby CPTANT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:59 pm #507377

Shadowflame909 wrote:They still have the arm. It's just under the armblade.

Yes, they're human.

It'd be like making a man with a chainsaw arm suddenly no longer human.


A man with cat ears is no longer human according to our rules.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:03 pm #507378

is this a thinly veiled catgirl policy discussion

They're non-human because it's a bad anime reference

Please cease this is how you get FNR banned.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby CPTANT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:11 pm #507380

Shadowflame909 wrote:is this a thinly veiled catgirl policy discussion

They're non-human because it's a bad anime reference

Please cease this is how you get FNR banned.


They are non human because they are mutants.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
lmwevil
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby lmwevil » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:29 pm #507383

you are legally retarded, it's literally just an object that shares a family with the armblade. cat ears on head are an organ of a mutant species you cretin

either way why would we make chaplains non-human just because they want to have a nodrop dumb null rod? like what is the benefit if we were to do it OP?

SkeletalElite
 
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby SkeletalElite » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:34 pm #507384

lmwevil wrote:you are legally retarded, it's literally just an object that shares a family with the armblade. cat ears on head are an organ of a mutant species you cretin

either way why would we make chaplains non-human just because they want to have a nodrop dumb null rod? like what is the benefit if we were to do it OP?


There is no reason to, this is just a thinly veiled why aren't cat girls human policy thread like shadowflame said.

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby CPTANT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:36 pm #507385

lmwevil wrote:you are legally retarded, it's literally just an object that shares a family with the armblade. cat ears on head are an organ of a mutant species you cretin

either way why would we make chaplains non-human just because they want to have a nodrop dumb null rod? like what is the benefit if we were to do it OP?


Armblades are organs of changelings (you know, the alien species) and if you can't make your point without personal attack then fuck off to somewhere else you mentally handicapped sack of shit.
Last edited by CPTANT on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

CPTANT
 
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby CPTANT » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:38 pm #507386

SkeletalElite wrote:
lmwevil wrote:you are legally retarded, it's literally just an object that shares a family with the armblade. cat ears on head are an organ of a mutant species you cretin

either way why would we make chaplains non-human just because they want to have a nodrop dumb null rod? like what is the benefit if we were to do it OP?


There is no reason to, this is just a thinly veiled why aren't cat girls human policy thread like shadowflame said.


I don't want cats to be human. 10/10 project again.

Here I was thinking this was a simple thread, but ohw boy I triggered the anti catpeople crowd without this even being about them in the first place.
Screemonster wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to RP with a grille

User avatar
Gigapuddi420
 
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 am
Location: Dorms
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby Gigapuddi420 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:14 am #507494

CPTANT wrote:Here I was thinking this was a simple thread, but ohw boy I triggered the anti catpeople crowd without this even being about them in the first place.

They triggered themselves, business as usual. Not really much to discuss here, dark blessing is just a null rod option, there is no reason it would dehumanize the chaplain and if there was a ruling like that we would have listed it in the 'IS IT HUMAN' section of the rules page for silicons to make it clear.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.

Tlaltecuhtli
 
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 am
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:14 pm #507499

is a person with a robo limb human? yes
find the answer here OP

User avatar
Denton
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby Denton » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm #507522

CPTANT wrote:I mean we exclude catpeople from being human for changes that are arguably more minor.

It's just a replacement arm
What do catpeople have to do with prosthetic limbs?
Image

User avatar
deedubya
Confined to the shed
 
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:05 am
Location: shitting up your thread
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby deedubya » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:57 am #508252

Problem that arises here is that if you state outright that "armblade doesn't make you nonhuman", that means an AI can't take action against an actual armblade ling unless it displays some other form of ling behavior.

Also, chaps aren't the only ones that can do it. Xenobio can create legitimate armblades(instead of the nullrod knockoff) and they're still human(assuming they haven't drank the green kool-aid)
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Image

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby Cobby » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:33 am #508483

If you kill a chaplain thinking it was a ling i'm not going to be too upset in general.

If you get the nullrod option that looks like a ling blade you open yourself up to the misinterpretation that said ling blade is real.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: Is chaplain with dark blessing human?

Postby Hulkamania » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:29 pm #508910

Chaplain with a dark blade is human. It's a fancy arm add on. We don't make people silicon for having augments, even full ones.

Transhumanists unite.


Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Timberpoes