Are Ghost Possession Mobs Antags?

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Are Ghost Possession Mobs Antags?

Post by NoxVS » #507727

Figured I would ask this since it seems like admins have a lot of conflict answers.

Ghost possession results from wizards using the summon events spell. Ghosts can possess any simple mob and don't get any flavortext when they become it as far as I am aware. I have seen it been used to kill people before and I assumed it was an antag and free to do whatever but it seems like several admins don't see it that way considering Jarek's ban
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Re: Are Ghost Possession Mobs Antags?

Post by Arathian » #507745

People know my opinion of Jarek's ban, so I won't repeat it again.

What I will say though is that I would like an actual policy on this. If half the admins can't agree between them on a thing, it's a policy black hole.

"Some" mobs are antags, "some" aren't and "some" are semi-antag whatever that means. Are the players supposed to ahelp every time they get ghost possession? Is the reasonable thing for the admin to suddenly gets 15 ahelps as all players ahelp to ask their specific antag status?

Regardless of the ban, I strongly support getting rid of the silly situational distinctions and giving a uniform antag status to these mobs. I would suggest antag, but even non-antag is fine or semi-antag like obsessed or ayys or whatever. Just as long as it universally consistent and not a rules black hole.
Iron, blood and spider armies
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #507765

yes except pets
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #507778

Last I remember, possessing a mob turns you into a free-for-all. Your own fellow simplemobs will attack you. Different simplemobs will attack you. Players may attack you.

I think it's best based on context because I don't think anyone will argue that a syndicate simplemob shouldn't be antag. Let's be real. How many simplemobs are out there where this is confusing anyways? The spacemen in the ancient space shuttle? snakes? nanotrasen private security?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #507802

Yes unless you literally can't attack like as Ian.

It's mischievous ghost poltergeisting. Beepsky can Stunlock you in space. Pete can kick you to death. A crab can pinch you to death.

Poly can't spout WGW and Renault has no attacks.

Very easy. Should be enforced as simple as that
► Show Spoiler
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #507830

Ayy Lemoh wrote:Last I remember, possessing a mob turns you into a free-for-all. Your own fellow simplemobs will attack you. Different simplemobs will attack you. Players may attack you.

I think it's best based on context because I don't think anyone will argue that a syndicate simplemob shouldn't be antag. Let's be real. How many simplemobs are out there where this is confusing anyways? The spacemen in the ancient space shuttle? snakes? nanotrasen private security?
This thread is probably made due to jareks ban appeal, in that instance the player assumed that the ghosts mobs where all antags as many players do, He became a monkey and mindswapped into a human via random event and killed people with a pulse gun. If he was just a monkey biting people he would have probably gone under the radar. Although since he was both lucky enough to get a human mindswap and a fuckin pulse gun he ate a ban.

In my personal opinion they should be antags, if the majority of simple mobs are attacking you, you can run / kill them alot quicker than they can attack you. The majority of the playerbase Ive asked sees it as a free for all antag. When spawning in as a mob you get no flavortext to describe what you can and cant do so the general opinion has been "do whatever". Just remove summon events anyway shits fucking ass, but thats my opinion and in another thread anyway.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
John_Gobbel
Byond Username: CAPTTLasky

Post by John_Gobbel » #507921

If ghost possession mobs are antags, there should be flavor text that tells you as much. (Also good luck trying to pinch someone to death. I, John Crabs, have tried many times).
Jimmius
Byond Username: Jimmius

Post by Jimmius » #507923

the legendary ban appeal + peanut + policy combo, can we get a complaint and feedback for the quintuple combo