Intent of metagrudge ruling

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Intent of metagrudge ruling

Post by confused rock » #508228

New dumbest post

I see two ways to see “metagrudge bad” which should we care for on TG? I prefer A.

A. Simply as clarification
“Metagrudge bad” is to remind people that someone killing you last round/ before you ghost roled doesn’t mean you can kill them now. You’ll never get banned for metagrudge: only for your acts, and it doesn’t matter who you do them to.

Concern with A is that someone could fuck with someone repeatedly, but the person fucked with can do the same. The only reason A might not be perfect for /tg/ is ironically because of how lax tg is: on other servers, you can’t fuck with someone aimlessly anyways. On TG you can beat someone half to death and steal their id if you want it. Maybe instead of banning someone for beating someone half to death and stealing the id of the same guy twice, just ban them the first time
When it doesn’t work:
“Frank Moone keeps shoving me continuously every round, and I have to keep dealing with it personally.”
(Note this may also be an issue in B because you might get laughed at, or they might say “I don’t target X I target the bartender/ethereal/annoying guy and they always play bartender/etc” also, kinda an escalation issue since the guy is allowed to shove you but fighting back opens you up to being murdered)

B. Specifically doing x to someone repeatedly bad
“Metagrudge bad” means you’re ok doing something the first tine, but if you do it to the same guy again then it’s metagrudge. Or its ok to kill someone for tresspassing the first time, but if the admin learns that you killed them because last round they trespassed and broke everything, then it’s metagrudge. Even antags may be banned for metagrudge!

Concern A is the trespaas example, someone may just want to defend their self, home, family, honor, etc. besides, you can randomname if someone dicking with you is an issue.
Concern B is someone may be rewarded for fucking with people continuously - if someone smashes all the windows round after round then each round it may be easier, as less people are ALLOWED to retaliate massively.

When it doesn’t work:
“Is-A-Lizard is lining the halls with glass shards each round to fuck with no one specifically, but it affects me. If I kill him each time, I’ll be banned for metagrudge.”

I’ve had these thoughts for a while now so if this is related to any specific ban I forgot why I was writing this whole post in the first place
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Re: Intent of metagrudge ruling

Post by tinodrima7020 » #508339

How To Metagrudge Smartly
1. Only metagrudge while antag
2. You are not REQUIRED to assist anyone in need. See that punk you don't like dying? Just ignore him
3. See a punk you don't like? Think twice before you swap to harm intent.
4. Don't do it every round.

Edit: When it doubt. Cry it out(call admins)
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #508456

A is butthurt metagrudge.

B is also metagrudge if you are going out of your way to target them specifically and consistently.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #508564

if you greytide every round then it's not metagrudge for you to be arrested every round

arguably it's metagrudge for security to go "this guy is a shithead every time he plays, just watch him and bust him as soon as we get a chance" and most of the disagreements arise over whether something should be done about someone that's legitimately such a shithead that people are pre-emptively anticipating them being a dick
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #508568

I remember a player named George Lucas. He was an assistant main who would disposal himself into captains office on box station every. single. round.

You could expect to see him being dragged off by the captain or some sec officer in the first 2 minutes of every round.

I'm pretty sure people would just camp out and wait for him but when that's your playstyle, I dunno if you really have any right to complain.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #508746

Drawing patterns based on people's consistent behaviors is not meta anything per our rules so long as you don't preemptively act on those patterns.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #508788

Just remembered the specific incident I’m salty about several years ago some guy who hated lizards escalated a fight against me two rounds in the row the first he attacked my department and killed me when I fought back the second time I killed him when he started shit but it was called metagrudge dear admin who did that remove my note or I smack you
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #508957

if someone breaks into the captain's office so reliably and consistently that the HoS can anticipate them doing so and hide in a locker before they get there and bust them for doing so and they complain that the hos was metagrudging/metagaming by guessing that they'd break into the captain's office at roundstart on the basis that they've broken into the captain's office at roundstart for the last twenty times they've played, maybe they should consider not breaking into the captain's office at roundstart