Poly morph self during wiz round as non antag

Fhaxaris
Byond Username: Fhaxaris

Poly morph self during wiz round as non antag

Post by Fhaxaris » #508998

During a wizard round, the wizard used the summon magic ritual and I was given a wand of polymorph. I was curious about what I would turn into if I shot myself with it, so I did just that. I got turned into a syndicate assault borg. Is using a wand of polymorph on yourself as a non-antag self-antagging?
Kingfish
Byond Username: Enkment

Re: Poly morph self during wiz round as non antag

Post by Kingfish » #509000

it's not self-antagging because consensually polymorphed you isn't an antag in the first place
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #509013

If you are voluntarily polymorphed you are not an antag. This is a dumb rule that needs to be reworked, I don't think involuntarily being polymorphed should make you an antag.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #509069

HommandoSA wrote:If you are voluntarily polymorphed you are not an antag. This is a dumb rule that needs to be reworked, I don't think involuntarily being polymorphed should make you an antag.
The existence of that rule is because polymorphed mobs (especially things such as syndiborgs) are at exceptionally high chance of getting valided by the crew and so it would be unfair to involuntarily polymorphed players to not let them defend themselves because they're not actually antags.

And secondarily the polymorph is meant to be chaotic so it's kinda just re-enforcing the gameplay aspect.

Better to focus your efforts on changing the actual polymorph availability/effect in code then trying to finetune the rules on something like this to be honest.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
MortoSasye
Byond Username: MortoSasye

Post by MortoSasye » #515200

Using a wand of polymorph in yourself is not self antagging. However, keep on mind you do not become an antagonist if it was done willingly like in that case.
Bella Rouge; no, it's not Rogue
NSFW: