Enforce higher expectations for heads of staff and security roles

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderator: In-Game Head Admins

Nabski

Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Enforce higher expectations for heads of staff and security roles

Postby Nabski » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:57 pm #519988

For the heads of staff at least activity is important since a disconnected head can literally just end the round. AI makes sense as there is only one of them and you tend to have to opt in for it.

Should there be a clarification that security is important but not QUITE as important as heads?
I would expect a head of staff to ahelp before leaving. I wouldn't expect one of seven security officers to need to ahelp before taking off.

Cobby

Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Postby Cobby » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:21 pm #520102

my only soft requirement for sec is that they go somewhere safe before logging off.

You will have a message when you next login if I see you DC in the middle of the hall fully decked out.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

imsxz

Byond Username: Imsxz

Postby imsxz » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:21 am #521444

to those under the impression that i was asserting that more "whimsical" takes on head of staff play shouldnt be allowed; I was not implying that at all. There's an issue with command roles that gets adminhelped frequently, where one will end up throwing their power around in a way that gets 1 or more people permanently removed from the round(usually captain ordering the execution of someone for a petty reason like tabling them), where for whatever reason the command players newfriend brain might have skewed an otherwise harmless scenario to appear as their own life being threatened. You can't blame a new player for thinking their life is in danger, and then acting on it as you would under that assumption while playing head of staff. This is one of a plethora of issues regarding inexperience in roles of high authority.

please subscribe to me on youtube

terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:

Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz

Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.

deedubya

Byond Username: Deedubya

Postby deedubya » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:40 am #521446

That was probably a bad example to use. If you get killed for tabling the fucking captain and then ahelp it, you deserve to be banned.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Timonk

Byond Username: Timonk

Postby Timonk » Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:35 am #521470

deedubya wrote:That was probably a bad example to use. If you get killed for tabling the fucking captain and then ahelp it, you deserve to be banned.

Imagine thinking exactly this
Aw man
So we back in the mine

Grazyn

Byond Username: Grazyn

Postby Grazyn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:19 am #521472

Don't you have to play for n hours to unlock the captain role? New players should have a fair grasp of escalation rules by then, at least enough to not go "HE TOUCHED THE ROYAL PERSON! OFF WITH HIS HEAD" at the first push or shove.

Sandshark808

Byond Username: Sandshark808

Postby Sandshark808 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:06 am #521474

Grazyn wrote:Don't you have to play for n hours to unlock the captain role? New players should have a fair grasp of escalation rules by then, at least enough to not go "HE TOUCHED THE ROYAL PERSON! OFF WITH HIS HEAD" at the first push or shove.

To be fair though if you instigate a fight with someone dangerous and they kill you, and then you ahelp it, you're probably a homosexual.

Grazyn

Postby Grazyn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:03 am #521507

Sandshark808 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Don't you have to play for n hours to unlock the captain role? New players should have a fair grasp of escalation rules by then, at least enough to not go "HE TOUCHED THE ROYAL PERSON! OFF WITH HIS HEAD" at the first push or shove.

To be fair though if you instigate a fight with someone dangerous and they kill you, and then you ahelp it, you're probably a homosexual.

As long as it escalated properly, sure, you can't ahelp if you were the instigator. Imsx was talking about captains/heads instantly going lethal after a shove. Sec officers can't do that so neither should heads. Though I understand there's a fine line (and a small time window) between friendly tabling and tabling+stripping, but that's why head players should be experienced enough to realize the difference. Or just escalate it like they would do as non-heads.

deedubya

Postby deedubya » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:34 am #521512

Grazyn wrote:
Sandshark808 wrote:

As long as it escalated properly, sure, you can't ahelp if you were the instigator. Imsx was talking about captains/heads instantly going lethal after a shove. Sec officers can't do that so neither should heads. Though I understand there's a fine line (and a small time window) between friendly tabling and tabling+stripping, but that's why head players should be experienced enough to realize the difference. Or just escalate it like they would do as non-heads.

"friendly tabling" doesn't exist now that tabling does damage. Even discounting the damage, there's really no difference between getting tabled and getting whacked with a stun baton. If you did either to anyone - much less security, a head, or the captain - you're valid salad.

Spoiler:

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

Grazyn

Postby Grazyn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:47 am #521520

deedubya wrote:"friendly tabling" doesn't exist now that tabling does damage. Even discounting the damage, there's really no difference between getting tabled and getting whacked with a stun baton. If you did either to anyone - much less security, a head, or the captain - you're valid salad.

This is another post of yours which makes me think you don't really understand the difference between validity and escalation.

Timonk

Postby Timonk » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:53 am #521521

My nigga deedubya only has 187 connections I don't think he knows what he is talking about
Aw man
So we back in the mine

deedubya

Postby deedubya » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 pm #521525

Timonk wrote:My nigga deedubya only has 187 connections I don't think he knows what he is talking about

Is that how few connections that ckey has? Damn. How'd you even check someone else's connections?

Spoiler:

Timonk

Postby Timonk » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:04 pm #521531

deedubya wrote:
Timonk wrote:My nigga deedubya only has 187 connections I don't think he knows what he is talking about

Is that how few connections that ckey has? Damn. How'd you even check someone else's connections?

Scrubby
Aw man
So we back in the mine

Previous

Return to Policy Discussion