Assistants and Maint Access

Ty the Smonk
Byond Username: Ty the Smonk

Assistants and Maint Access

Post by Ty the Smonk » #517101

Bottom post of the previous page:

Assistant shouldn't have maint access. There is a config setting to remove their maint access. Maint access is pretty big enabler for assistants to tide, since they have 0 responsibilities and get bored very quickly, I believe that there would be considerably less tiding if they didn't have this access. Below is a list of counter arguments that I have answers for, I have pondered over these for 150 hours. I have yet to see a single assistant use maint access for something other than a autism project or being a shitter and tiding armory or another department, I mean I can't really blame the fact that Assistants generally have nothing to do, but if you wanted to do something that bad, why didn't you get a actual job? There are probably some other counter arguments that I haven't thought of so feel free to show me how wrong my opinion is.

1: "I only like doing maint autism projects! I don't tide!" A: Go to the HOP and get it then
2: "There is no heads!" A: Don't tide during dead pop
3: "HOP said no!" A: Just hack the doors then
4: "I don't have insuls!" A: Stop being a pussy and hack that door
5: "Tiders will just go to other roles to tide!" A: Assistant isn't a containment role for shitters, stop treating it like it is
6: "I don't want to have any responsibilities!" A: Then play Assistant, hacking doors is still possible, and HOPs usually don't deny people access
7: "BUT ITS THE SOU-" A: Shut the fuck up
8: "X isn't doing their job! I need to break into fix it!" A: Why didn't you go that job if you know so much about it to be able to fix it?
9: "I didn't get the job I wanted and was auto assigned a random one." A: Ask the HOP for a job change
10: "I joined late and none of the jobs I want are available!" A: Try learning a new job or observing until the next round, or go assistant and ask for maint access from your local HOP
11: "I'm an antagonist Assistant and can't get into maint!" A: Hack, emag, ask HOP, etc
12: -Free Space-

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Assistants and Maint Access

Post by PKPenguin321 » #518295

Gamarr wrote:Removing assmaint is the litmus test to changing them for the better.
If they cannot, for some reason, even bring themselves to removing the maintenance and giving a good reason why the assistants Need it for the job, well then there you go.
Ah yes, random statements with no reasoning. Another fine tg boondoggle
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #520052

HommandoSA wrote:AI, law 2, make maint emergency access.

Every round, every day.
This could be solved by forcing assistants to be non humans, the second class citizens they are.
--Crocodillo

Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #520053

WarbossLincoln wrote:
HommandoSA wrote:AI, law 2, make maint emergency access.

Every round, every day.
This could be solved by forcing assistants to be non humans, the second class citizens they are.
All Assistants have to be lizards.
t. Lizard player