Put dynamic on all servers

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
Grazyn

Byond Username: Grazyn

Re: Put dynamic on all servers

Postby Grazyn » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:48 pm #526645

pugie wrote:
confused rock wrote:The fact that dynamic *can* happen means the call “there’s a ling so no cult” is never correct.

It's a 13% chance of being wrong with a 0% chance if centcom report is checked the two shift types reports are different (dynamic's one is actually good)

The shift report is kinda stupid anyway. It made sense (not really) when dynamic was the only mode, it should be removed or fixed since it can be used to metagame.

pugie

Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Postby pugie » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:50 pm #526648

Grazyn wrote:
pugie wrote:
confused rock wrote:The fact that dynamic *can* happen means the call “there’s a ling so no cult” is never correct.

It's a 13% chance of being wrong with a 0% chance if centcom report is checked the two shift types reports are different (dynamic's one is actually good)

The shift report is kinda stupid anyway. It made sense (not really) when dynamic was the only mode, it should be removed or fixed since it can be used to metagame.

The dynamic report is alright imo. It only gives you a rough idea of the threat that is currently in play.

peoplearestrange

Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Postby peoplearestrange » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:55 pm #526763

I'd like to know the number of rounds that continued after Revs, nuke, cult? And if its frequently having the shuttle called after these antags then what's the point in having these antags in dynamic or dynamic at all
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...

Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

pugie

Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Postby pugie » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:22 am #526849

peoplearestrange wrote:I'd like to know the number of rounds that continued after Revs, nuke, cult? And if its frequently having the shuttle called after these antags then what's the point in having these antags in dynamic or dynamic at all

The literal presence of an option to not leave the round behind maybe?

Critawakets

Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Postby Critawakets » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:45 pm #526906

The issue with dynamic is that these gamemodes arent supposed to work with eachother and are meant to be seperate things. There's no inbetween we can do of "oh keep standalone and dynamic". We have to do a nuclear option of no dynamic or yes dynamic.

Also what is with the "no antag, me no have fun" mentality? Does like 90% of /tg/ just play to validhunt?
am gud enineering
scrungo

deedubya
Confined to the shed

Byond Username: Deedubya

Postby deedubya » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:51 pm #526910

Critawakets wrote:The issue with dynamic is that these gamemodes arent supposed to work with eachother and are meant to be seperate things. There's no inbetween we can do of "oh keep standalone and dynamic". We have to do a nuclear option of no dynamic or yes dynamic.

That's why having dynamic as a rare option in the secret rotation is a good thing, though. The modes generally aren't meant to work with one another, but it is occasionally fun to see what happens when it does happen. The ensuing chaos is good as an occasional event, but not the norm. It's also rare under the current dynamic system for it to give you the same combos repeatedly, so you'll generally experience something different each time.

Also what is with the "no antag, me no have fun" mentality? Does like 90% of /tg/ just play to validhunt?

yes
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head

wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums

IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior

Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!

TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.

Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.

imsxz

Byond Username: Imsxz

Postby imsxz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:10 pm #527304

Critawakets wrote:The issue with dynamic is that these gamemodes arent supposed to work with eachother and are meant to be seperate things. There's no inbetween we can do of "oh keep standalone and dynamic". We have to do a nuclear option of no dynamic or yes dynamic.

Could you provide some examples regarding issues with gamemode mixing? I see your point regarding overlapping team antagonists, but that is a very rare issue as most people with experience adminning/playing dynamic will be able to testify. Slight issue regarding solo antagonists getting converted, as some people are concerned with gerentext, but these ahelps are quick and clean with an established and enforced precedent "team antag takes priority over solo".

Other than that, I personally don't see issues with traitor revs or ling cult. Plenty solo antags fight to keep their solo status to complete their objectives. With revs on dynamic, when the headrevs die the revolution ends with a centcom announcement and the remaining revs getting deconverted, which is a large incentive for traitors focused on accomplishing their objectives to seek out the headrevs. I o see solo antags get converted by team antags, willing or otherwise, but as a personal anecdote I haven't noticed it happening enough to see many(if any) complain about dying to cult ling.

One point that is purely subjective is that it makes some of the "TDM modes" less TDM. By "TDM mode" i mean rev, cult, nukie, etc where you can typically identify loyalists and instantly put your full trust in them. I myself don't take issue with the increased paranoia - a lot of people will agree that paranoia is fundamental SS13 gameplay, used to describe the game to others almost universally. I can understand that many people enjoy playing space deathmatch 13 being able to quickly identify valids vs non valids, and those people might have trouble adjusting to being unable to FULLY trust the guy they just mindshield implanted, so I suppose if that's how you prefer to play the game then I can't tell you you're wrong.

tl;dr antag mixing = less metagame

please subscribe to me on youtube

terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:

Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz

Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.

cybersaber101
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Postby cybersaber101 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:35 pm #527801

Dynamic adds an interesting way to play traitor or ling in "team death match" it's fun to scout out each side and see what best fits your objectives or alternatively if neither do you're a fun wild card.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-

Previous

Return to Policy Discussion