Ghost Court

deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Ghost Court

Post by deedubya » #530173

Ghost court has been a major tactic for as long as events wizard has existed. To summarize: Ghost court is when players treat anyone with a solid ring of visible ghosts around them as valid.

Admins have had differing views on the validity of ghost court. Some of them let it slide as it's a natural part of the confusion. Some admins yell at the ghosts for kill baiting(some of you salty dead fuckers actually do this on purpose too, don't lie). Some admins yell at the validhunters for killing an innocent just because they had a ring of ghosts. I think there should be solid policy regarding the validity of someone ringed by ghosts. Is it considered metagaming to assume that whoever has the most orbiters is likely an antagonist? What about if you use a camera obscura(lol yeah I know) and see a ring of ghosts around a person? Is using the info of a horde of ghosts orbiting someone considered enough "evidence" to make someone valid?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: Ghost Court

Post by Anonmare » #530185

Camera obscuras can't see orbiting ghosts.

Also a ring of ghosts isn't a solid tell of being an antagonist and killing someone solely for that reason should be considered the same as killing someone just because the clown said they were a ling
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530188

listen pal if I'm cranking hog in atmospherics and some fuckin guy teleports in with a ring of ghosts his ass is grass you better believe I used my fireball wand on him
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #530194

Lazengann wrote:listen pal if I'm cranking hog in atmospherics and some fuckin guy teleports in with a ring of ghosts his ass is grass you better believe I used my fireball wand on him
There is a difference between fireballing them once and doing it more than once, making sure they are dead. you can easily run away from that dude instead of committing straight murder.

I will attest to taking part in ghost killbaiting during wizard rounds using orbit rings if the validhunters are especially bad. I reccomend daybanning the validhunters that kill for it because it only works because there are little to no concequences for murder with a little justification
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #530195

i was hoping this was going to be an event idea or something
Last edited by cacogen on Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #530211

ghost court is always hilarious and is a treasured aspect that should not be hugboxxed and ided into oblivion

im paying at least 3 politicians to lobby against this action

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Dootdoom
Byond Username: Dootdoom

Post by Dootdoom » #530214

>fun beloved aspect of the game
>remove it because it doesnt make any sense
>you are playing ss13
hi
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #530216

People who see a ring of ghosts pointing to random people and decide that the person is 100% valid are fuckin apes and should be allowed to be legally kicked in the head.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #530237

If your sole (or main reasoning) for blamming someone is "I can see ghosts around them!" then you're an idiot and you fully deserve the ban you'll get when it turns out that person wasn't actually a wizard/antagonist/whatever

I realize we treat the game with a modicum of implied unreality but do try to atleast justify your kills somewhat grounded in the events of the round instead of "there's floaty mans around them!!"
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #530288

you honestly never know. For example, we see IMSXZ with a ring of ghosts.

They could be a normal crewmember.

But if they're an antag. You better believe that after seeing them with the ring of ghosts, you're going to become one of them soon if you can't get away from them.

TLDR; Some players are really like scary movie villains unironically.
► Show Spoiler
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #530429

paranoia is a fun game element. random people with ghosts orbiting them and people wondering whether or not they should valid is paranoia at its finest. comedy gold, too. I don’t bwoink over ghost court unless someone’s doing something comparable to killing anyone and everyone that a ghost is orbiting. If a sec officer is covered in blood and has a ring of ghosts spam pointing at them I’d IC issue any ahelps regarding them getting lynched.
that’s is my $0.02

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #530742

imsxz has the right balance of it, ghost court is a hilarious part of summon ghosts that will more often then not kill the wizard. Better to let it slide unless it's extremely obvious the person who is doing the killing is taking the piss. If you decide to kill someone because of a bunch of ghosts pointing at them at least try and have some other evidence to back it up even if it's circumstantial. Being tricked by ghosts is hilarious, but at some level you need to be prepared to take responsibility for it.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #530751

On the other hand a wizard can buy a scrying orb and tell the ghosts to do it
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #530754

The first ghost court was THE most fun round I've ever had as a dead guy but its less funny after all the repetition
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #530759

imsxz wrote:paranoia is a fun game element. random people with ghosts orbiting them and people wondering whether or not they should valid is paranoia at its finest. comedy gold, too. I don’t bwoink over ghost court unless someone’s doing something comparable to killing anyone and everyone that a ghost is orbiting. If a sec officer is covered in blood and has a ring of ghosts spam pointing at them I’d IC issue any ahelps regarding them getting lynched.
that’s is my $0.02
For the record, I agree 100% with this stance.

I posed the OP more inquisitively since it was meant to spark a discussion that would result in a proper precedent to be set, rather than just dump my viewpoint and watch a shitstorm brew.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #530939

only consequence with not allowing ghost court I feel, is mind swap wizards having free reign of madness.

Wizard has mindswap but ghost court is banned. it literally becomes a confusing game of deadly guess who

But what kinda wizard reveals ghosts with mindswap?
► Show Spoiler
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #530974

Shadowflame909 wrote:only consequence with not allowing ghost court I feel, is mind swap wizards having free reign of madness.

Wizard has mindswap but ghost court is banned. it literally becomes a confusing game of deadly guess who

But what kinda wizard reveals ghosts with mindswap?
Last I checked you can still morphine the fuck out of people surrounded by ghosts and then slap a mouth gag on them instead of just murdering them. I really wish people would use shit besides murder, sedatives exist in game for a reason, and security has the crazy room in the permabrig for this exact reason.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #531789

Dr_bee wrote:Last I checked you can still morphine the fuck out of people surrounded by ghosts and then slap a mouth gag on them instead of just murdering them. I really wish people would use shit besides murder, sedatives exist in game for a reason, and security has the crazy room in the permabrig for this exact reason.
I would prefer you killed me instead of perma-stunning me until you decide whether to actually kill me or let me go (if that ever happens).

Ghost Court is a beautiful part of summon ghosts and is probably the only funny part about some guy with "borderline" stupid strong abilities leveling the station or making it miserable for the next 30+ minutes.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #532017

Ghost Court is funny and good, don't get rid of it. People who kill anyone with a ghost ring is a moron and the entire ghost court get to laugh at you for being so easily baited.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #532023

NecromancerAnne wrote:Ghost Court is funny and good, don't get rid of it. People who kill anyone with a ghost ring is a moron and the entire ghost court get to laugh at you for being so easily baited.
You beat me to saying this. Ghost court is all right and it doesn't happen that often, don't remove it.

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #532061

ghost court is a convenient way to stealthily harass people please dont remove it
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #532501

ss13 is a game about imperfect information and a bunch of ghosts circling someone for unknown reasons that may or may not be doing it just to fuck with you certainly counts as that

it's a pretty far cry from dying, checking out the station as a ghost, then getting cloned and using that perfect knowledge to validhunt
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #532699

if people with lots of ghosts on them being valid is specifically allowed if there's no other suspicion

they won't be killed because people think they're the wiz because of all the ghosts orbiting them

they'll be killed because people know people with ghosts around them are valid
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #532924

if you spam point I'm going to make you stop because it's spammy as shit

otherwise I don't really have an opinion
cynic716
Byond Username: Cynic716

Post by cynic716 » #533152

Either wizard events should mean that the normal rules are suspended under the guise of the station descending into madness or It shouldn't be allowed at all.
Personally I think you should be able to do it under the assumption you will only be banned if you're wrong. :d20:
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #533185

Agux909 wrote:
NecromancerAnne wrote:Ghost Court is funny and good, don't get rid of it. People who kill anyone with a ghost ring is a moron and the entire ghost court get to laugh at you for being so easily baited.
You beat me to saying this. Ghost court is all right and it doesn't happen that often, don't remove it.
In addition to this, usually what you do is orbit anyone who kills the orbited target, and thus spreading the fun to whoever was stupid enough to fall for it.

Play stupid games, win stupid rewards.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #535984

People having a ring of ghosts around them does not make them instantly valid. This falls under the time honored tradition in this game: You can take anything as evidence but if you go through with a murder you'd better be damn sure they're actually guilty.