Make Sybil MRP US, Make Manuel MRP EU

Make Sybil MRP and Make Manuel MRP (EU)?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 36

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Make Sybil MRP US, Make Manuel MRP EU

Post by RaveRadbury » #536991

Seeing as https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=25343 didn't offer this as an option I'd like to create a thread for it as I'd prefer to see Sybil become MRP rather than have it merge with Bagil.

Sybil doesn't deserve to be merged with Bagil. Don't do Sybil like this.

Make Sybil MRP, make Manuel MRP (EU)
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Re: Make Sybil MRP US, Make Manuel MRP EU

Post by Subtle » #536993

Fawlty Towers for life yo.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #536998

absolutely based take
Limey wrote:its too late.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #537004

please dear god no, stop trying to murder my poor sybil. There are people who dont want to play on the MRP servers. There are also people who dont want to play on Bagil due to the different playerbase. Sybil is fine as is, the players will come back. I mean we had similar pop back before ssethtide
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #537078

Again why are we trying to re-purpose names here? None of these "servers" are actual physical servers. We have two servers, the "Sybil" box (US) and the "Terry" box (EU). These support various instances of the game to which we call servers.

Basically what Im saying is, by making Manuel "EU" and changing Sybil all you are likely to do is annoy people who have nostalgia for Sybil, confuse those that thought it was LRP, and confuse Manuel US players who suddenly have a bigger ping.

What you're actually saying is:
Close Manuel (US)
Make a MRP server on the EU box
Rename Sybil

Thats what would be actually happening.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #537093

peoplearestrange wrote: Rename Sybil
I'm actually saying don't rename Sybil, and that the players who enjoy Sybil likely did so because of the increased RP experience that Sybil created with it's lowpop philosophy. I'm saying that Sybil deserves to be actual MRP given that it's been the closest thing that tg's had to it for a while. I don't see why this would be confusing.

But yeah, delete the US Manuel server, make an EU server and name it Manuel.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #537095

US: 1 MRP / 1 LRP on hub
EU: IDC what they do, i'm not going on either of them.

I could care less what they're called.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #537101

Manuel, Sybil, and Bagil are all three different groups of players with different ways they want to play. I play Sybil because I enjoy the community we had where people would RP but you could still play it without as much RP if you wanted. I dont play on Bagil because I prefer the Sybil community and I dont play Manuel because I dislike the rules. People are acting like it would be a gift to Sybil to become MRP when I can think of tons of things people had fun doing on Sybil that are starting to result in bans for people on Manuel for illegally having fun.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #537111

I say we remove sybil-2 and leave the original one alone
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #537118

NoxVS wrote:please dear god no, stop trying to murder my poor sybil. There are people who dont want to play on the MRP servers. There are also people who dont want to play on Bagil due to the different playerbase. Sybil is fine as is, the players will come back. I mean we had similar pop back before ssethtide
You were always just a bagil player on the wrong server to begin with. Sybil consistently had higher standards of play before around October, when bagil became dead and all their players started filtering over to sybil.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #537121

NoxVS wrote:Manuel, Sybil, and Bagil are all three different groups of players
Um, what? The Sybilites are on Manuel. Where do you think Manuel's players came from?
Anuv
Byond Username: Anuv

Post by Anuv » #537167

Are none of you guys playing or checking the front page. Sybil hasn't had any players since Manuel launched. There are no Sybil players anymore. They moved. Merge Sybil and Bagil already and prune all these other dead servers that no one plays on. 60 players works between two servers not 800 servers
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #537194

It's pretty clear that the people who loved low pop long rounds have all moved to manuel instead. What is the point of keeping empty servers around?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #537264

EU doesn't need a separate MRP server. It would split Terry's non-existent population in half and then we would end up having 2 dead servers + Event Hall in the EU.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #537280

Terry isn't the only server for EU though
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537356

To repeat what I said in the other thread this just pointlessly divides both the servers and the budding RP playerbase for no raisin

Ping is gonna average 100 to 200 for most folk regardless because of how BYOND's netcode functions and the miracle spikes you're getting to a 1000 are happening with everyone, american players included

Leave Sybil as the real lowpop hours server and let it rebuild its community slowly as it always did, leave Manuel as fucking is, hell, slowly raise the cap from 50 now that MRP is getting more of an actual foothold

and fix the goddamn DDOS attacks fuck

thanks
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #537392

it's hilarious seeing people outraged about the "nature" of the servers being violated when they trade places like twice a year
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #537426

Shouldn't Basil be the one that is turned to MRP rules, since it used to be that for a long time?
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #537450

Bawhoppennn wrote:Shouldn't Basil be the one that is turned to MRP rules, since it used to be that for a long time?
Since I started playing in 2018, Bagil is where you went if you wanted to get shoved and have your ID stolen by a non-antag assistant in the hallway.
► Show Spoiler
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #537457

Farquaar wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:Shouldn't Basil be the one that is turned to MRP rules, since it used to be that for a long time?
Since I started playing in 2018, Bagil is where you went if you wanted to get shoved and have your ID stolen by a non-antag assistant in the hallway.
Yeah I know it's long gone... but it was pretty RP-like for a while before that and I'll never let go of it in my heart
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #537833

when i first started bagil had like 3 pop max lol
sybil was where it was at
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #537835

PKPenguin321 wrote:when i first started bagil had like 3 pop max lol
sybil was where it was at
based
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #537855

I think this is a cool idea, though Bagil would probably be the MRP for US. I've been at the point where I'm tempted to start telling people they should split between Sybil and Manuel when Manuel's almost full.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #537873

Just trash both Sybil and bagil and make a completely new name so people who have some weird attachment to these names stop whining. It’s like asking the crowd what to name the bikeshed and is so pointless to the actual discussion that is establishing the server styles we want to support both in US and EU
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #537884

Cobby wrote:Just trash both Sybil and bagil and make a completely new name so people who have some weird attachment to these names stop whining. It’s like asking the crowd what to name the bikeshed and is so pointless to the actual discussion that is establishing the server styles we want to support both in US and EU
yeah lets make an internet poll where you can suggest a name or vote for other names
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #537898

Cobby wrote:Just trash both Sybil and bagil and make a completely new name so people who have some weird attachment to these names stop whining. It’s like asking the crowd what to name the bikeshed and is so pointless to the actual discussion that is establishing the server styles we want to support both in US and EU
or, and hear me out,

just do what I say, because my opinion is correct
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #538909

It does seem like there is more demand for MRP servers then there is space in the MRP server - that is, Manuel is frequently at capacity. And the other, what, 4? LRP servers range from highpop newbie server to lowish midpop to zero pop. Right now Manuel has 50/50 people, Sybil has 4 and Sybil 2 (I'm not sure what Sybil 2 is even for) has 3. I think those 4 people can deal with it
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #540056

I just want more MRP and I don't particularly care how I get it
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #540064

After trying to get on Manuel for a couple weeks with limited success, I'm thinking that we either need a new MRP server or increased popcap on Manuel.
► Show Spoiler
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #540108

Farquaar wrote:After trying to get on Manuel for a couple weeks with limited success, I'm thinking that we either need a new MRP server or increased popcap on Manuel.
I might be leaking classified info but I have heard they are pretty likely going to make another RP server soon

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #540189

Bawhoppennn wrote:
Farquaar wrote:After trying to get on Manuel for a couple weeks with limited success, I'm thinking that we either need a new MRP server or increased popcap on Manuel.
I might be leaking classified info but I have heard they are pretty likely going to make another RP server soon
news to me