53%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 36

peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Create a EU MRP server?

Post by peoplearestrange » #537079

To seperate the ideas I layed out in: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=25343

I propose we add a new EU server for MRP (I suggest Polly as a name to keep with the theme, but it can be named whatever). Giving a distribution to the Manuel pop and better pings for those of us from the US.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Re: Create a EU MRP server?

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #537114

I approve
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #537122

I strongly support an MRP server for EU.

I have opinions on the naming, but that is not what's being discussed here.
Arathian
Byond Username: Arathian

Post by Arathian » #537148

Euro here:

Not really needed, RP servers are, by their nature, meant to be slower paced. Lower ping is needed in normal servers because if you don't have quick reactions, you get gamer'd. That's not how it works on manuel so manuel is fine for euros to play on too.
Iron, blood and spider armies
Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #537283

Arathian wrote:Euro here:

Not really needed, RP servers are, by their nature, meant to be slower paced. Lower ping is needed in normal servers because if you don't have quick reactions, you get gamer'd. That's not how it works on manuel so manuel is fine for euros to play on too.
Euro here:
True, higher ping is not a big issue, the issue arise when the ping shoots up and down like crazy because of reasons. If the ping was high but constant it wouldn't be much of a problem (150/200 ping is good enough)
I had games were the ping was fine for half an hour and then 2000-3000 spikes that disconnected me.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #537312

I just want to actually get in the server man. I only go to Sybil if Manuel is full
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537353

>Pops finally stabilize
>Manuel is usually just shy of 50 players, perfect, with discussions to put the pop back up as culture stabilizes
>divide this pop for no raisin for minor ping improvements (I play on Manuel from South America and get decent ping, you have no excuse)
>both serves wither at 20 to 30 pop instead, and lower pop because muh low pop syndrome take over

Sad!

I honestly wonder waht the people that voted yes think it's gonna happen, 100 ping is gonna be a thing no matter where you play, when I played on NA servers back when I lived in NA the game wasn't much smoother either

This is the wishful thinking of people who think BYOND region matters at all past pop times
Ghilker wrote: Euro here:
True, higher ping is not a big issue, the issue arise when the ping shoots up and down like crazy because of reasons. If the ping was high but constant it wouldn't be much of a problem (150/200 ping is good enough)
I had games were the ping was fine for half an hour and then 2000-3000 spikes that disconnected me.
This has been happening for everyone in Manuel not just you
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #537401

as a euro, terrible idea

you can get good with higher ping and MRP you should be talkie talkie not shooty shooty anyway
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #537428

Stickymayhem wrote:as a euro, terrible idea

you can get good with higher ping and MRP you should be talkie talkie not shooty shooty anyway
yeah but we need another MRP server anyways cause it's always full
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537429

Bawhoppennn wrote:

50 pop was temporary, we're at a high enough RP standard to grow it back to 70.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #537431

Sheodir wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:

Well, I hope it does get raised... but even then, Manuel was consistently full even when the popcap was at 90... I think another server would be wise still
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #537486

Bawhoppennn wrote:
Well, I hope it does get raised... but even then, Manuel was consistently full even when the popcap was at 90... I think another server would be wise still
I'd rather it reaches a full pop (as in fully raised) with those enforced and set RP standards proper before we start splitting it apart.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #537518

Sheodir wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:

Its not just about dealing with "shit" players. Its about what level the station is comfortably populated at and what level is it reasonable to keep an eye on people as an admin.
70-90 it just becomes a cluster fuck because there are mostly more people than jobs/roles on the station. The less people who have to play assistant the better for roleplay, because you can play a role.

Honestly its not about ping, its more of a simple way of having a second MRP server. Making a second MRP server? Why not have one in the EU on the box we already got while we're at it?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #542629

The holdouts we have on this right now are twofold:

1. Will there be a significant enough interest in having an additional Manuel-like server for the EU
2. Would having two servers split the Manuel population so much that it becomes too low population.

I doubt number two would ever be the case considering low-pop lends itself well to roleplaying, but it's still worth considering. The first option is much more likely, the polling in this thread also shows that things are a little undecided amongst people (granted the amount of folks on the forum is much less than those who play the game)
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #542630

Hulkamania wrote:The holdouts we have on this right now are twofold:

1. Will there be a significant enough interest in having an additional Manuel-like server for the EU
2. Would having two servers split the Manuel population so much that it becomes too low population.
Manuel is regularly pop-capped out at 50 most of the time, and only 1-2 of the other 5 servers have any players at a given time. Before it was lowered from a cap of 90, it was also still consistently full, and while that was probs in part because it was new and exciting then, I think it's still a good indicator a ton more people want to play than currently are able to. Since ping doesn't matter that much for RP, this is mainly a matter of just having two RP-dedicated servers or not.
Even in the hypothetical worst case scenario where there wasn't interest in a second one, it would still just be replacing one of the many empty non-RP servers with an RP one.

Horza
Byond Username: HorzBor

Post by Horza » #542633

Hulkamania wrote:2. Would having two servers split the Manuel population so much that it becomes too low population.
I doubt number two would ever be the case considering low-pop lends itself well to roleplaying, but it's still worth considering.
Categorically incorrect that it's even worth considering. Even a 50-50 split of Manuel leads it to pre-ssethtide Sybil levels, which was as close as we've gotten to mRP with reasonable pop levels in the last two years.
Hulkamania wrote:1. Will there be a significant enough interest in having an additional Manuel-like server for the EU
Let the yuropoors rot in their grave.

The biggest issue is trying to keep desperate bagilites away from the mRP servers and doing things like "peacefully protesting sec" by suicide-bombing the detective yet not getting bwoinked at all for it.
Spürdo spädre sbrölölö :DDDDD
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #542637

I see talk around the community of people lamenting Manuel being always full and EU players who say they'd like to see EU MRP.

Let's pull the trigger.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #542663

don't split the pop even more you insane lunatics what the fuck

you don't need good ping to mrp since no gaming allowed no killing allowed and no allowing allowed

increase cap on manuel and its ok
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.