Do I have to be he one banned to make the appeal?

Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Do I have to be he one banned to make the appeal?

Post by Nabski » #539942

Confused rock is being a baby in the hut.

Can I just make the appeal thread for him?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Do I have to be he one banned to make the appeal?

Post by oranges » #539963

I made an appeal for someone once.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #539968

You aren’t oranges so its gonna be closed and trigger happy mods (NOT PKP BC HES A HERO) will place you on post approval
[this space reserved]
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #540070

wesoda25 wrote:You aren’t oranges so its gonna be closed and trigger happy mods (NOT PKP BC HES A HERO) will place you on post approval
?

I think this would fall to the decision of a headmin, but as a general rule I'd say you need permission from the player you're appealing for, because if you for example appeal a permaban on their behalf and it gets denied then you've locked them out of the ability to appeal it again for a year.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #540085

I don’t want a fucking appeal

Unless I don’t have to post in it
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #540088

PKPenguin321 wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:You aren’t oranges so its gonna be closed and trigger happy mods (NOT PKP BC HES A HERO) will place you on post approval
?

I think this would fall to the decision of a headmin, but as a general rule I'd say you need permission from the player you're appealing for, because if you for example appeal a permaban on their behalf and it gets denied then you've locked them out of the ability to appeal it again for a year.
Secret lawyer tech: Get permission to post appeal, completely bomb appeal, get person locked for a year
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #540464

You stole the appeal he cannot renew while your posts are theoretically unlimited, is it that hard to understand?
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #540930

While it's obviously up to the headmins to resolve this thread, it's worth noting the ban apppeal rules have been updated recently.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #541124

You should add a post for this also lame and gay
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #541218

Someone posted an complaint on my behalf once, and admins threatened to close it unless I sustained the complaint. Doubly odd, because complaints are generally in reference to an admin's conduct, rather than a personal appeal.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #541299

Im not sure about complaints, as that is still action being taken against an admin rather than specifically around just one player.

As for Ban Appeals, both Plap and Hulka have said that ban appeals shouldn't be made by anyone other than the person effected. Hopefully one of them can "officially" confirm this here.

It also kinda makes sense as otherwise it starts to go down the weird lawyer representation path of "getting someone who write good/can argue well" and it blurs the line between the peanut of personal opinion. And mostly if you weren't directly involved how can you recall the events from your perspective?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #541308

peoplearestrange wrote:Im not sure about complaints, as that is still action being taken against an admin rather than specifically around just one player.

As for Ban Appeals, both Plap and Hulka have said that ban appeals shouldn't be made by anyone other than the person effected. Hopefully one of them can "officially" confirm this here.

It also kinda makes sense as otherwise it starts to go down the weird lawyer representation path of "getting someone who write good/can argue well" and it blurs the line between the peanut of personal opinion. And mostly if you weren't directly involved how can you recall the events from your perspective?
The entire reason the furfag amendment exists is to allow players with more experience with the rules to point out specific rules, precedents, and inconsistencies in an appeal from either side. Going down that same logic trail, would it not make sense to have someone lodge an appeal or complaint on your behalf, as long as it remains objective and factual throughout?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #541339

I would be okay with no behalf posting if a bans existence didn’t also double as precedent for future bans.

If I don’t want something to become precedent I shouldn’t have to take the ban just so I can dispute it through the correct channels. It could be discussed in pd but that also gets bogged down with “we’ve enforced it like this” instead of arguing the policy on its merits.

The other alternative is complaints which have an accusatory nature to them when I just disagree with the ruling and not the conduct.

I can also just ask headmins/admin in my magic tower but that seems less transparent than it ought to be.

Ps peanut policy is cringe
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current