Does Rule 4 Apply Before the Game Tells you about being a head rev

SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Does Rule 4 Apply Before the Game Tells you about being a head rev

Post by SkeletalElite » #540970

So on dynamic head revs are selected round start, but not told theyre revs until after a short time. Thus it is possible to know if youre going to be a head rev. if you have all sec/captain jobs (the roles that cant be antags) set to higher priorities than any other roles and dont get any of them even though the roles aren't full and you aren't any of the other antags, you are going to be a head rev.

So does rule 4 apply since you know youre going to be a head rev even though the game hasn't told you yet?

Could you go for the worlds fastest dynamic revs speedrun any% with this method?
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Re: Does Rule 4 Apply Before the Game Tells you about being a head rev

Post by skoglol » #540976

I dont see why you would be. You are an antag from the moment you are made an antag, and prior to that you are just a mind in a list. If you die, go to lavaland or whatever you wouldnt be turned into a headrev.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #540997

No, because this is metagaming the mechanics of antag selection. The whole concept of "speedrunning" a game like spessmen is toxic bullshit that needs to die.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #541011

bandit wrote:No, because this is metagaming the mechanics of antag selection. The whole concept of "speedrunning" a game like spessmen is toxic bullshit that needs to die.
Said as someone not in the top ten for Assistant-2-AA in Armory [No HoP] MetaStation

My WR has stood for two years
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #541076

I know you know the answer so don't make pointless threads.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.