40%
meme option for people that dont care but still feel obligated to vote
7%

Total votes: 72

imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

remove boxstation from the map rotation

Post by imsxz » #543721

boxstation has been stagnating with a pretty round ruining bug for a bit now that causes the powernet to bug outin the middle of the round. from what ive been able to gather, power just stops flowing through the cables, even if theres a radiation collector making power on it, cables just say "cable not powered". if it were an issue with something taking all of the power in the powernet, it would at least show the power in the grid as well as the load. the only way to fix it(temporarily at least) is cutting and mending a wire, it usually breaks a few minutes/seconds after that though so it doesnt really work as a fix.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Re: remove boxstation from the map rotation

Post by deedubya » #543734

>remove the OG map from the rotation

fucking zoomers, I swear

post this in mapping instead, so someone can push a fix rather than removing the best map in the game. improve, don't remove
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
tumesuo
Byond Username: Tumesuo

Post by tumesuo » #543737

Just port boxstation from citadel :honkman:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #543738

what does boxstation from citadel have?
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #543799

dildos
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #543816

It'll be disappointing if this thread gets Box cut. Especially if no earnest attempts have been/are made to fix the power bug.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #543829

bugs aside its a bad map. Maints awful, all the APCs are located there for some reason, its old and boring.

remove
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #543836

Back in my day people would oxytank suicide hopline if it wasn't box

I'd be pretty sad to see it go just over a bug but I dunno how deep said bug goes.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #543848

Id rather see more pubby over box, maybe even donut. At least donut is still being updated.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #543863

Box has no character at all. It's completely bland, and its medbay is absolutely terrible. Box either needs removal or a lot of updating.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #543872

Ahh yes, the most important facet of a map in a sandbox game where decorations are easily added, “”character”.

I like when my medbay lobby is the actual walk in lobby instead of this weird centipede that ruins all the desks.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #543874

deedubya wrote:>remove the OG map from the rotation

fucking zoomers, I swear

post this in mapping instead, so someone can push a fix rather than removing the best map in the game. improve, don't remove
lmk when boomerstation's coders support box
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #543883

The powernet issue is a code issue that only hits box, even the code has stopped supporting box 8-)
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #543884

RaveRadbury wrote:

fucking zoomers, I swear

i'd work on it if i knew how to fix said bug

also my fear here is that people dislike box for nebulous reasons that will boil down to "I like the bad design choices on other maps that benefit me in the short term" like overabundant loot
Limey wrote:its too late.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #543886

NoxVS wrote:bugs aside its a bad map. Maints awful, all the APCs are located there for some reason, its old and boring.

remove
APC's being in maint makes it the best map in rotation.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #543906

box has plenty of character, its box
[this space reserved]
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #543908

Nabski wrote:APC's being in maint makes it the best map in rotation.
This is one thing I like about Box.

Also I like the bad design choices on other maps that benefit me in the short term like public/maint costumedrobes and soap in the theater/bathroom.
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #543914

Don't try to reduce the argument against Box to "hurr durr no insuls". There are a lot of legitimately bad design choices in box.

- Science and Cargo are off in corners far away from the other departments (Engineering is too but it gets a pass because it's shoved off in a corner on Meta too)
- Poor use of real estate in the central hallway - do we really need the blank walls of the grav gen, tech storage, the janicloset, the bathrooms, and the teleporter all in the center of the station? In meta all the areas around the central hallway are either high-activity areas or have big windows or big shutters to let people see in.
- AI upload hidden in the bridge instead of out in the open where people can interact with it
- Most of the maint rooms are too far away from any of the departments to be useful. In meta all the maint rooms are close enough to another department that you can go between your secret lair and your real job pretty quickly. In box you have to navigate the massive maint maze if you want to get anywhere.
- A bunch of rooms that are both too out-of-the-way to attract dynamic player interactions but too public to attract people doing sneaky stuff. e.g. the garden, the locker room, the vault, the library. Contrast with rooms in meta like the vault hallway or the library gameroom, where you can get away with a quick murder if you're fast enough, but it's also public enough that you can lure your victim in pretty easily.
- In general, a lot of empty unused space - engineering lobby, medbay by where cloning was, the big cap's office and meeting room, the big area in cargo for the miners, the big bar (with a really shitty tiny theatre), the empty north part of the chapel, the big EVA that takes up way too much hallway retail, etc.
- A general lack of detail in the floors. I'm not asking for kilo levels of decal, but box right now is REALLY bland in a lot of places.

Here's an example of the things I'm talking about - the meta arrivals hallway:
Now here it is in box:

You can immediately see the difference in the amount of detail meta has in the little light-grey squares at the walls. These are in a bunch of the non-departmental hallways in meta and they go really far to make the hallways look less bland. You can also see that the box hallway is twice as long as meta's for no real reason. It's not like it has a bunch of important stuff on it - it just has locker room, tool storage, garden, gateway, and more tool storage. Basically, rooms you'll go into a max of once per round to get something. By contrast, meta has two different rooms of cargo and the library on its arrivals hall - both major departmental areas.

Here's another example of the differences in the level of detail:

Meta bridge:
Distinct color scheme from the rest of the station. Lets you know you're in an important area. Nice detailing in the little hallways at the entrances. Fancy glass command center at the comms console. Snack machines. Space window lets you see the crew from across a cool barrier.

Box bridge:
Same color floors as the rest of the station. Boring normal tables. No snack machines. Boring iron chairs instead of cool swivel chairs. No cool space window. Random supply cabinet facing the wall. Bland south wall where the AI upload is.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #543917

Box has always had power issues ever since mice could eat wires but the coding issue is new.

Box feels like a map from 2010 in its design and philosophy, it's managed to be barebones despite being wasteful in its space usage.

If I were to re-design Box, I'd re-do it using pipe and cable layers, shrink down various rooms and re-jigger the layout to re-centre the action away from the east hallway.
Hell, I think Box would be a good candiate for using multi-z whenever that gets finished.
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #543924

Qbopper wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:

fucking zoomers, I swear

i'd work on it if i knew how to fix said bug

also my fear here is that people dislike box for nebulous reasons that will boil down to "I like the bad design choices on other maps that benefit me in the short term" like overabundant loot
maps have been getting their overunbandant loot cut a lot recently. on meta, for starters, cargo's maint and public tool storage dont have insuls anymore, and all of the static maint sunglasses spawns were removed. public autolathes were taken out of every map a while ago, too.

this is more of a personal preference rather than objective pro vs con, but i dislike the maint APC's. makes it extremely inconvenient to try and fix if you are a job without maint accessthat needs to fix an APC(especially if you dont have access to the maint doors of the place that you're trying to fix either. example: chef wants to fix medmaint APC because nukies arrived and all of medbay is dead). might be a neat way to give engineers a job that cant be stolen on manuel but the large majority of the servers arent centered around waiting for everyones favorite enhanced tiding/antag job to start taking responsibility. seriously, play a round on box where a nightmare spawns, enjoy your APC getting fixed never unless you have someone proactive that also wants to use your department.

referring to boxstations powernet as a powernet is an over exaggeration. it's a power LINE, im not sure it connects to itself anywhere. the issues with this are obvious.

boxstation med could use a proper buff. the only crew monitoring computer is in CMO's office, most other maps(except i think donut? not sure) have them available to doctors SOMEWHERE roundstart at least. there was some other stuff that bugged me but i forgot, i quit playing med on box after the 3rd round ruined by the power bug.

the lack of epic gamer loot is the least of box's issues.

before people get started on the "just fix it dont remove it" mindset, feel free to make the changes yourself rather than telling the people that dont like box to do it. if you dont know how to map or code, then learn how to. it's what i did. it's what every other contributor does. you don't need to be a genius, just some time and energy. you dont even have a deadline. box being removed from rotation doesnt mean theres no hope for it. once you learn to map and or code and fix the stuff people dislike about boxyou can make a pull request and get it back in rotation.

you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #543960

I updated its xenobio. For me at least it's my favourite map to do xenobio in, with Pubby coming second. Meta's xenobio is shit
NSFW:

Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #543984

Yeah maybe the loot has been cut now, but really the reason why everyone loved meta when it was released compared to other maps was because meta literally had 3x of loot and general supplies while the other maps did not. Then it got even more freebies over the years and this further cemented its status as everyone's most beloved map.
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #543986

Saying meta is bad doesnt make box any better, you know.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #543988

Grazyn wrote:Yeah maybe the loot has been cut now, but really the reason why everyone loved meta when it was released compared to other maps was because meta literally had 3x of loot and general supplies while the other maps did not. Then it got even more freebies over the years and this further cemented its status as everyone's most beloved map.
I don’t give a fuck about the maint loot, no one gives a fuck about the maint loot except people looking for excuses to complain about meta. I prefer meta because the other maps are stale, have boring feature, are poorly designed, etc.
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #543989

imagine needing maint loot in the age of techwebs
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #543990

NoxVS wrote:I prefer meta because the other maps are stale, have boring feature, are poorly designed, etc.
I think you prefer Meta because it's what you're familiar with myself
NSFW:

NoxVS
In-Game Admin

Post by NoxVS » #543997

cacogen wrote:
NoxVS wrote:I prefer meta because the other maps are stale, have boring feature, are poorly designed, etc.
I think you prefer Meta because it's what you're familiar with myself
Nope, other maps are just shit. Been playing for like almost 2 years now I think? I’m fairly positive I’m familiar with these maps.

Funny how no one can defend box without attacking the people complaining about it or other stations.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #544008

I think box would be tolerable to me if it was updated to have a better maint.

Even paradise has a better version of box. The /tg/ version just feels old and sad.
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #544017

Kryson wrote:I think box would be tolerable to me if it was updated to have a better maint.

Even paradise has a better version of box. The /tg/ version just feels old and sad.
any map effort should be moved to make the maps that work multiz friendly, we dont need 5 maps anyway if it means they get worked once in a year/never
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #544041

Wanting to remove a piece of ss13 history from the game cause its out of fashion is disappointing.

You may as well suggest to remove the Clown.

The crux of the issue seems to stem from a mapping or coding issue, I'd recommend investigating fixing that issue before throwing out the entire bathroom, with the baby.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #544043

Boxstation is a nice map, very nice medbay and engineering. Security has its own Atmos which you don't see anywhere else. Lots of room in maint for projects and shady activities. I think with some bugfixes and moving almost EVERY apc into the view of cameras it could be good. Boxstation has my favorite AI satellite by far.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #544046

Yenwodyah wrote:Don't try to reduce the argument against Box to "hurr durr no insuls". There are a lot of legitimately bad design choices in box.
- Science and Cargo are off in corners far away from the other departments (Engineering is too but it gets a pass because it's shoved off in a corner on Meta too)
I don't know how 'next to the hop line' and 'next to medbay, botany, the chapel, library, and departures' are shoved off into a corner, but if that were the case, how's that a bad thing? Because it takes longer to walk between departments, which would mean that it matters where you are at a given time and have to factor in travel time? Sounds like a good thing to me. Just less easy if you're trying to play ss13 as a singleplayer game.
- Poor use of real estate in the central hallway - do we really need the blank walls of the grav gen, tech storage, the janicloset, the bathrooms, and the teleporter all in the center of the station? In meta all the areas around the central hallway are either high-activity areas or have big windows or big shutters to let people see in.
Ahh yes, big activity areas like the corporate showroom and ai upload and what the fuck are you talking about with tech storage? It's in the equivalent place to on meta. Where's the problem here? I don't mean with tech storage, I mean with anything being in the central hallway. The problem is that it's not the same as meta?
- AI upload hidden in the bridge instead of out in the open where people can interact with it
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
The only people who should be accessing the upload, also known as a high security area, have bridge access. 'where people can interact with it'. In the average round it's visited about three times. Are you complaining that it's harder to hack into it on box? I'm not even going to argue whether that's true or not, but box is far from the only station with an out of the way upload- delta has it on the fucking AI sat.
- Most of the maint rooms are too far away from any of the departments to be useful. In meta all the maint rooms are close enough to another department that you can go between your secret lair and your real job pretty quickly. In box you have to navigate the massive maint maze if you want to get anywhere.
Rather than spending a few paragraphs, again all I'll say is travel time is important, and the thing about ss13 is it's a game where you can build stuff, especially with our pushing for longer rounds. Rather than on stations like delta where you say "why build a maint bar? we already have a fully built one with a fucking rage cage in maint" on box you might say "hmm, no, these spots won't do, I'll just have to build my own!" which is infinitely more interesting than the 50th cult base in the abandoned surgery room. Every map except box has this problem, not the other way around.
- A bunch of rooms that are both too out-of-the-way to attract dynamic player interactions but too public to attract people doing sneaky stuff. e.g. the garden, the locker room, the vault, the library. Contrast with rooms in meta like the vault hallway or the library gameroom, where you can get away with a quick murder if you're fast enough, but it's also public enough that you can lure your victim in pretty easily.
The garden on box is next to where people SPAWN IN and has windows, the garden on meta is in a windowless room in the place where you get fancy clothing you don't need. The library is near several departments on box while on meta you mostly see its gameroom used as an exit from maint because it's again a windowless room nobody has reason to go to. Not sure why places like the vault being out of the way (except it's even more out of the way on meta) is a bad thing, but cool I guess.
- In general, a lot of empty unused space - engineering lobby, medbay by where cloning was, the big cap's office and meeting room, the big area in cargo for the miners, the big bar (with a really shitty tiny theatre), the empty north part of the chapel, the big EVA that takes up way too much hallway retail, etc.
Not a problem, but fortunately for you it's also a not-problem meta has with the waste that is the corp showroom and the hallway right above it and its own excessive secondary cargo room. A lot of empty unused space? Sounds like a lot of empty usable space to me.
- A general lack of detail in the floors. I'm not asking for kilo levels of decal, but box right now is REALLY bland in a lot of places.
Decal the floors yourself! I like the unwelcoming aesthetic. It's a work station, not somebody's mansion.
I'm not going to get into the examples much, but you can't put supply cabinets facing the wall on box when cabinets have no directional sprites and wall facing cabinets exist on every fucking station. Yes one of the hallways on box is longer than the one on meta because... they're two completely different stations, with completely different HALLWAYS. What the hell? I'm sorry boxstation isn't the exact same as metastation. Maybe then we could cycle between metastation and metastation back and forth on the map rotation. Why would we want variety in our maps if it makes us play the game differently?
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #544047

NoxVS wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Yeah maybe the loot has been cut now, but really the reason why everyone loved meta when it was released compared to other maps was because meta literally had 3x of loot and general supplies while the other maps did not. Then it got even more freebies over the years and this further cemented its status as everyone's most beloved map.
I don’t give a fuck about the maint loot, no one gives a fuck about the maint loot except people looking for excuses to complain about meta. I prefer meta because the other maps are stale, have boring feature, are poorly designed, etc.
I'm not talking about maint loot specifically, meta just had more supply of everything. I remember the first time I played viro on meta I was astounded at the sheer amount of plasma I started with. Or the public lathe (now removed). Every job had a lot more supplies and roundstart stuff compared to Box. Of course people were quick to accept it and now still feel attached to Meta.
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #544051

confused rock wrote:Maybe then we could cycle between metastation and metastation back and forth on the map rotation.
The playerbase: "Yes"
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #544060

Yenwodyah wrote:
confused rock wrote:Maybe then we could cycle between metastation and metastation back and forth on the map rotation.
The playerbase: "Yes"
Up to date ones:
Spoiler:
I think its worth bringing up that box is the most played non-meta map currently, though I dont think it deserves that status. Only nostalgia is keeping it afloat, I dont have that so I can look at it objectively and say its kind of shit.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #544066

Before box broke:
People that don't like box: "I don't like box"
People that like box: "Well why don't you fix it then!"

After box broke:
People that don't like box: "I don't like box and it's broken"
People that like box: "Well why don't you fix it then!"
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #544067

Alright I'm going to make a pull on the map, so far my only changes are changing the flooring on the bridge to make it more interesting, and removing some R-Walls from old genetics. I want to wiggle around where genetics was because I don't know how that was done.

What else is some low bar stuff you want to see?

The powernet is a circle, with 1 level of redundancy just outside engineering. In my opinion this is a good design as it gives engineers a reason to wander maint and fix it.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #544069

Strangely enough people don’t follow the “why don’t you fix it then” ideology when we talk about cloning and sleepers; but even with all the indifference towards “server culture” coders won’t put box off life support to finally let it fucking die

them almonds spinning hard alrite
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #544073

Just put Box out of its misery, we need less maps anyway. If people update it now, we'll just have the same situation in a few months.
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #544074

do we need some big man approval before pring the removal or what?
skoglol

Post by skoglol » #544075

Denton wrote:Just put Box out of its misery, we need less maps anyway. If people update it now, we'll just have the same situation in a few months.
Better than wasting someones time yeah.

If we were to hypothetically reduce our officially supported maps to 3 my picks would be meta, delta, pubby. With kilo still pretty new and donut being actively converted to multi-z, box just has no competitive edge.
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #544077

Steelpoint wrote:Wanting to remove a piece of ss13 history from the game cause its out of fashion is disappointing.

You may as well suggest to remove the Clown.

The crux of the issue seems to stem from a mapping or coding issue, I'd recommend investigating fixing that issue before throwing out the entire bathroom, with the baby.
Not from the game. Out of rotation until at the very least the power issue is fixed(the bug, not the shitty powerline). This was by no means intended to be a permanent removal. Box is the map i learned ss13 on and I figure it's either the first or second most played map i have across all servers. If a lot of the playability issues are resolved(ACTUAL issues, not personal likes vs dislikes such as APC placement). To give some insight on what I see as an issue - medbay only has 1 crew monitor console, and it's im CMO office. Basically cucks the medical doctors out of crew monitors unless they beg for money to buy one(it costs ~2x what they get roundstart. this isnt an issue itself - most maps have the stationary crew monitor consoles so they can look at them inside of med. The advantage to the portable monitor is that you can look at it anywhere and it's a lot more useful for EMT work.) This next issue might already be resolved, but the cook didnt have botany access last time I checked. Ideally this wouldnt be an issue, but asking a botanist to do like 10 different plants so that you can make a few quirky dishes is a tad unreasonable with the amount of other content botany has to offer, let alone the fact that a lot of botanists are either experienced players that want gamer plants OR new players that probably dont know how to mutate plants.

That said, Box isn't altogether a terrible map. Xenobio feels like a lot less of an autist island than it does on metastation, Same with virology. They feel a lot more attached to their respective departments (because they literally are), a nice change from meta's space tumor designs. Another personal opinion - the empty/expendable rooms on box are really nice for giving a variety of places for projects and or illicit storage.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #544088

Is the power bug really unique to box? I could swear I was struggling with it on Meta a few weeks ago
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #544112

yes. the issue you were struggling with is unrelated. something that can cause this sort of behavior is if theres a body getting dragged into a shocked grille by moving air(see: perma prisoners failing to break out). there's a key difference though - with box, using a multitool will show that all cables are unpowered entirely. with the issue i mentioned, the powernet shows that there is power in the grid, but all of it is being used by the power load from the shocked grille. another similar occurance is if someone wires an SMES into itself, it can steal all of the power in the grid, ending up as a net negative if the input is higher than the output from the SMES. Again, both of these issues occur on every map, and they are easily identifiable as NOT being the same issue that boxstaiton consistently suffers from.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #544209

imsxz wrote:yes. the issue you were struggling with is unrelated. something that can cause this sort of behavior is if theres a body getting dragged into a shocked grille by moving air(see: perma prisoners failing to break out). there's a key difference though - with box, using a multitool will show that all cables are unpowered entirely. with the issue i mentioned, the powernet shows that there is power in the grid, but all of it is being used by the power load from the shocked grille. another similar occurance is if someone wires an SMES into itself, it can steal all of the power in the grid, ending up as a net negative if the input is higher than the output from the SMES. Again, both of these issues occur on every map, and they are easily identifiable as NOT being the same issue that boxstaiton consistently suffers from.
Proofs? Round ID? Github issue?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #544227

lol why not just fix the issue?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #544236

BeeSting12 wrote:lol why not just fix the issue?
because it is possible that they do not know how or don't much care - removing box is easier than fixing it

why didn't this logic apply to other removed maps we used to have? nobody wanted to fix and update asteroid so it fucking died; leave fixing maps up to those who want to play on them
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #544237

Flatulent wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:lol why not just fix the issue?
because it is possible that they do not know how or don't much care - removing box is easier than fixing it

why didn't this logic apply to other removed maps we used to have? nobody wanted to fix and update asteroid so it fucking died; leave fixing maps up to those who want to play on them
basically, you're completely correct. if box had someone who maintained the map this wouldn't be a problem. box shouldn't get special deprecation privileges when any other map dies hard when maintenance dies
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #544242

>boxstation does not receive maintenance and is deprecated
went to check this thinking probably the xenobio changes i made were the last time the file was edited and ended up being very wrong

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... tation.dmm
NSFW:

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #544243

cacogen wrote:>boxstation does not receive maintenance and is deprecated
went to check this thinking probably the xenobio changes i made were the last time the file was edited and ended up being very wrong

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... tation.dmm
i mean most are just for all maps but you know that isn't that bad as you'd think