Ban the N word

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
User avatar
Gigapuddi420
 
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 8:08 am
Location: Dorms
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Gigapuddi420 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:55 pm #549679

oranges wrote:I seem to remember you saying people couldn't keep re arbitrating on cat people

I say a lot of shit on discord, especially discussion general where we likely had that conversation while surrounded by people who want to remove felinids for no other reason then they don't like them. Otherwise I've avoided every single poll about cat people and to the best of my memory argued that I don't mind it being a coder decision with proper reasoning. If the community decided that cat people don't fit the theme and could square that away with equally silly stuff then whatever. It isn't my project.

I have no doubt people will continue to keep trying to remove cat people in the future. I think it's stupid we have a vote on it almost every year with threads about it every new term but it's not such a core part of space station 13 that the community couldn't decide to drop it sometime in the future. Regardless of what I individually think the reality is out of my hands and like many other things it's down to convincing a team of headmins it's worth adopting. Just as easily you can argue against it.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.



User avatar
Denton
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Denton » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:56 pm #549729

Can you guys just open a vote instead of opening the same thread that leads to nowhere five times
Image

User avatar
saprasam
 
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: Ban the N word

Postby saprasam » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:40 am #554329

BeeSting12 wrote:Doublepost but would this include nigga or is nigger the only word being banned?
this
Image

cacogen
 
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 am
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: Ban the N word

Postby cacogen » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:53 am #554332

look i didn't read any of this but can confidently say this is a stupid debate with no winning sides just let it sort itself out through healthy social shaming/bullying and stop trying to descend this shithole into goon sjw language policing territory which nobody can fucking stand because it doesn't fix racism it's self-righteous powertripping bullshit from a bunch of impotent nerds who have never felt a sense of agency in their entire lives. need i remind you that dante smith, /tg/'s famous and only black person gave us permission to say it. is he an uncle tom? no he's an uncle cracker

User avatar
Naloac
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:21 pm
Byond Username: Naloac

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Naloac » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:02 am #554336

Reading this makes me feel like im in an insane asylum filled with fucking clowns. Why put one word on a pedestal. Why give one word so much fucking power. Of course it wont be one word. It will always progress into being lots of different words. Putting more and more shit onto pedestals because someone doesnt like some random retard saying a word that may or may not even apply to them. We already have harassment rules. if someone finds out your black and goes out of their way to call you a nigger, just ban them on harrasment. If your trans and they keep calling you a tranny just fucking yeet them.

People who randomly say this shit all the time cos LOL EDGY FUNNY are just retards anyway and will get yeeted all the same. At the same time, Anyone who cant handle some random word that doesnt apply to them is a fucking clown and should be treated as such.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24032
Image
The best goddamn Comment on my youtube videos.
Image

User avatar
Istoprocent1
 
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:14 pm
Byond Username: istoprocent

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Istoprocent1 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:16 pm #554356

Naloac wrote:If your trans and they keep calling you a tranny just fucking yeet them.


People should keep their bedroom politics to themselves and that solves all the problems. While I have nothing against people with different tastes, I don't want it to be shoved down my throat. :roll:

Are there any really bad words out there that can cause real harm? Probably not. Does everyone have a right to be offended? Certainly.

Edit: N word has nothing to do with race, its about mentality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zFyyuycIb0

User avatar
peoplearestrange
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Ban the N word

Postby peoplearestrange » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:51 am #554501

Words have meaning, without it they wouldn't be used to communicate.
If you're communicating a hatred towards using a specific word meant only to cause offence, and then you get all "LOL don't be offended! Thats on you!", why is that my fault?

Most people don't shove their "bedroom politics" down peoples throats, but people here talk to each other, its what happens in communities, eventually people learn information, and sure mostly you'd expect it to be kept between the people you'd want to hear it. But as we seem to have transparency in sorts, people who'd probably rather not know stuff about you learn things and use said things against you.

Decency would be that people wouldn't use these words so tastelessly, but apparently we can barely hold conversation for minutes without someone shouting these words in order to get everyone's attention for 30 seconds and boost their own ego.
/tg/stations' Forum Mother
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

User avatar
SumFaggotPlayTester
 
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am
Location: United Federation of Play Testers
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Re: Ban the N word

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:01 am #554502

Amazed this is still up; thought it was locked last time I ran through it. So quick question. Once nigger is banned how long will it take for faggot to follow? I'm asking this for two reasons:
1. Proves this slippery slope shit on this is true on this matter.
2. Makes me doubt the mental capability of the administrators wanting this.
I've always used my username as a shit-test on how laid back/moralfag/political-religion a place is for good reasons; go check out how shit-tier some communities are when they restrict words. As doing so invites in a different type of aspie to push the ruling further. If we can't say nigger because it " isn't obviously good faith/clinical (eg. discussing a slur ban in a thread like this)" then how long till this place is discount-powergame-Goon 2? Last I checked some resemblance of RP exist on all the TG serbs; just a question of how much in some regards. IC this opens up more IC issues: which is good. OOC this opens up: Whats that? Here look closer. Nothing. If they're not either a. spamming or b. being a dick to one person there is no reason to care. "oH No tImMy sAiD nIgGer!"? ...and? Of all the meaningless shit in this God forsaken existence to care about I've yet to see why words are one of them. Who cares if its a racial slur. So is Potato Nigger, wetback, cracker, white trash, and so on & so forth.

Here is a novel thought for the Head Admins. De-admin every admin in favor of this. It only will lead to further subversion unless there is some kind-hearted faggot pointing out their aspie moralfag nature. You know it. Many others know it. The countless communities burned by this shit know it even better. This shit is always to be "Make the place look better to outsiders." or "What if someone takes offence at it."; yet often devolves into the wrong people using those good intentions to push others around, ban them, exile them from the community they fuck around in, or out right use it to apply one of the many modern-adaptations of the word heretic to said person(s).

Want to know the best way to deal with someone calling you a nigger? Call them a niggerfaggot back then get off your period about words. They can't hurt you. Stepping in front of a bus can hurt you. The word nigger doesn't feel the same as a few tons of steel breaking your rib-cage the last I checked. Find something else to worry about; don't worry there is plenty more to care about than words.

Edit:
If people think more people will stick around from this then go get your brain checked for frontal trauma. You either adapt to a new community or you fuck off from it. Or in the case of Spess Mans you burn out then return later when you burn out on another code.
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again

User avatar
peoplearestrange
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Ban the N word

Postby peoplearestrange » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:09 am #554503

2 data points does not make a trend (or slippery slope as people keep naming it).

Basing your arguments on "But what if X" is not only baseless, but not provable and a complete waste of everyones time.
The same way as we test merge things, the same way as the game itself constantly is in flux. Accusations of "ItS a sLiPeRy sLoPe" is nothing more than a fear of change or testing.

Edit: Better yet why not ban all the players who say they NEED the n word in their daily vocab because "muh freedom". Definatly seems like the loud minority right now and are community would be better without them.
What a wonderful solution this is, obviously.
/tg/stations' Forum Mother
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Ban the N word

Postby oranges » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:10 am #554504

headadmins are smart enough to curve this topic altogether.

as to the previous poster, the people lsupposedly leaving from a policy like this are likely a net negative, so it will only improve the community. Just like what happened when all the trash from bee formed wasp aka boomerstation.

nobody is going to miss the auth right part of the compass sorry.
Image

User avatar
SumFaggotPlayTester
 
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:07 am
Location: United Federation of Play Testers
Byond Username: SumFagPlayTester

Re: Ban the N word

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:47 am #554511

I here Goon is hiring atm. You should consider it peoplearestrange; they do exactly this already; I bet it makes a very laid back atmosphere over there. Hell apparently they used to be very laid back. Good thing no one ever abused this & had it turn into a shitstorm with admemes bullying one another over stupid political ideology, race, etc that turned into a massive public outing of the situation instead of focusing on a spessman game. Because that would be bad, and look bad.

Might take five years. Might take ten. Eventually the same thing would happen here eventually & I'd be willing to bet it be due to people such as yourself. Your inability to see this beyond a single word & what it would turn into (Since this would be a rule & precedent will be made on it & expanded.) is more or less concerning as you are an admin. A proper 3.2 :faggot: / 10 :faggot: admin. The laid back atmosphere of IC & OOC in /TG/ serbs is good due to the ability to be civil, racist, etc. As it is you don't see this shit getting thrown out 24/7 as it is. Almost as if people don't focus on calling each other niggerfaggots every minute & instead on their powergay, job, gimmick, RP, paranoia, or autism project instead.

So in conclusion: Fuck your optics. Loosing the laid back atmosphere of this place because some jannies get their panties in a wad over a word or two is not worth it. If someone wants to be an aspie & use nigger, faggot, or what have you non stop like a child then chances are they'll do something stupid as it is. Better to let them air it out as such before they fall on a perma ban for being a faggot; best part being it gives other IC justification to escalate for reasons undefined. There is nothing else to say to you or any other with your mindset.

tl;dr
PKPenguin321 wrote:what is the sudden urgency to ban this word?
PKPenguin321 wrote:i escaped the cuck shed once before and then another time via anal vore and ill do it again

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Ban the N word

Postby oranges » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:20 am #554514

you're making a great case for why the people who leave are a net negative
Image

User avatar
CDranzer
 
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 11:43 am
Byond Username: CDranzer

Re: Ban the N word

Postby CDranzer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:22 am #554515

oranges wrote:nobody is going to miss the auth right part of the compass sorry.

Ahh yes, the authoritarian right, well known for their promotion of unrestricted speech and staunch refusal to clamp down on undesirable language.

User avatar
trollbreeder
 
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: Ban the N word

Postby trollbreeder » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:25 am #554516

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can't.

Learn this please before you go on a tangent about your feelings being offended.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
terranaut
TGMC Lead
 
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:43 pm
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Ban the N word

Postby terranaut » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:35 am #554518

peoplearestrange wrote:but apparently we can barely hold conversation for minutes without someone shouting these words in order to get everyone's attention for 30 seconds and boost their own ego.

you're pretty close to the crux but still so far away. the solution is to stop giving these people the attention they want.

if you start banning or filtering nigger out of the ingame chat or forum people will just type niqqer, knee grow, or whatever. it becomes a game to them to try and beat you and stay ahead of the curve. literally stop responding to it or just wordless permaban if its a guy flooding comms with it and it'll grow old and tired really fast.
Image

Tell me I'm a good monki: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24558

User avatar
Naloac
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:21 pm
Byond Username: Naloac

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Naloac » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:58 am #554519

People who cant handle the no no words are just as bad as the retards screaming nigger over and over again.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24032
Image
The best goddamn Comment on my youtube videos.
Image

cybersaber101
 
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 am
Location: Canada, eh?
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Re: Ban the N word

Postby cybersaber101 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:00 am #554521

I just wish people would just be decent human beings all in all, being supremely strict would be a bad idea but some shitter going "NIGGER" in comms all shift needs to be gibbed or shut the hell up.

User avatar
PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master
 
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Ban the N word

Postby PKPenguin321 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 am #554522

CDranzer wrote:
oranges wrote:nobody is going to miss the auth right part of the compass sorry.

Ahh yes, the authoritarian right, well known for their promotion of unrestricted speech and staunch refusal to clamp down on undesirable language.

there is no retort to this
wanting the right to say the n word is more radical left
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image

PostThis post was deleted by CDranzer on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:44 am.
Reason: You know what, it probably doesn't matter.

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Ban the N word

Postby oranges » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:15 am #554527

CDranzer wrote:
oranges wrote:nobody is going to miss the auth right part of the compass sorry.

Ahh yes, the authoritarian right, well known for their promotion of unrestricted speech and staunch refusal to clamp down on undesirable language.

it's the auth right who want to say the N word, lib right just want to sell merch to anyone they can
Image

User avatar
Taraiph
 
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:16 pm
Byond Username: Taraiph

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Taraiph » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:26 am #554528

As perhaps the only black person to play on these servers in the past six months, I'd rather you not use a word that 80% of you find too offensive to actually refer to directly in these discussions. But most of you consider huffing mustard gas to be preferable to self-awareness so I won't bother with that argument.

Instead, I want you to come up with a different slur.

I get fucking tired of being called a nigger. It's the most boring, bland, basic insult you could throw at me and, frankly, I'm bored of it. Come at me with the other seventeen-trillion slurs for black people in the book. Moon Cricket, Sambo, Jiggaboo, Porch Monkey, Basketball American, there's so much to go for and you insist on nigger. I'm offended at your lack of originality and failure to respect the rich cultural heritage of coming up with new ways to be racist toward black people. I want it banned to improve the meta on these servers.

User avatar
saprasam
 
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Byond Username: Saprasam

Re: Ban the N word

Postby saprasam » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:31 am #554530

Taraiph wrote:As perhaps the only black person to play on these servers in the past six months, I'd rather you not use a word that 80% of you find too offensive to actually refer to directly in these discussions. But most of you consider huffing mustard gas to be preferable to self-awareness so I won't bother with that argument.

Instead, I want you to come up with a different slur.

I get fucking tired of being called a nigger. It's the most boring, bland, basic insult you could throw at me and, frankly, I'm bored of it. Come at me with the other seventeen-trillion slurs for black people in the book. Moon Cricket, Sambo, Jiggaboo, Porch Monkey, Basketball American, there's so much to go for and you insist on nigger. I'm offended at your lack of originality and failure to respect the rich cultural heritage of coming up with new ways to be racist toward black people. I want it banned to improve the meta on these servers.

i wont lie that's an impressive reason for wanting the word to be banned but i also just want to say nigga/er for simplicity
Image

User avatar
CDranzer
 
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 11:43 am
Byond Username: CDranzer

Re: Ban the N word

Postby CDranzer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:36 am #554531

oranges wrote:
CDranzer wrote:
oranges wrote:nobody is going to miss the auth right part of the compass sorry.

Ahh yes, the authoritarian right, well known for their promotion of unrestricted speech and staunch refusal to clamp down on undesirable language.

it's the auth right who want to say the N word, lib right just want to sell merch to anyone they can

The authoritarian right doesn't exist anymore, Oranges.

User avatar
Istoprocent1
 
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:14 pm
Byond Username: istoprocent

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Istoprocent1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:48 am #554534

peoplearestrange wrote:Most people don't shove their "bedroom politics" down peoples throats, but people here talk to each other, its what happens in communities, eventually people learn information, and sure mostly you'd expect it to be kept between the people you'd want to hear it. But as we seem to have transparency in sorts, people who'd probably rather not know stuff about you learn things and use said things against you.


This is more of an issue of trusting somebody who will then go out of their way to try to hurt you for whatever reason rather than John Doe the rando saying the N word.

We are all big boys, girls and otherkin here, if somebody is saying words we don't like then there is always the option of "Ignore OOC", if the person comes up to you round after round saying that your are filty XYZ and you should kill yourself without any IC justification, then this would probably fall under harassment.

User avatar
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: Ban the N word

Postby MisterPerson » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:14 am #554537

PKPenguin321 wrote:banning it would be work and not banning it would not be work


99% of communities on the internet police slurs just fine. It's as easy to ban for this as IC in OOC, which is to say it's trivial. And no I'm not specifically making an appeal to popularity, I'm simply saying that they do it, therefore we could also do it if we wanted.

Having said that, please explain why you think most communities do this.

Naloac wrote:Reading this makes me feel like im in an insane asylum filled with fucking clowns. Why put one word on a pedestal. Why give one word so much fucking power. Of course it wont be one word. It will always progress into being lots of different words. Putting more and more shit onto pedestals because someone doesnt like some random retard saying a word that may or may not even apply to them. We already have harassment rules. if someone finds out your black and goes out of their way to call you a nigger, just ban them on harrasment. If your trans and they keep calling you a tranny just fucking yeet them.


Just because your words are not directed at someone in particular does not mean you aren't harassing them. If I walked down the street holding a sign that says "Niggers are not welcome", by your logic I'm not harassing my neighbors because I didn't say anything to them specifically.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Why realism is stupid:
Spoiler:
Wiz, the project lead of Europa Universalis IV:

Immersion/flavor is playing a WW2 shooter and using a mosin-nagant instead of a laser gun - this is important.

Realism is playing a WW2 shooter and having to spend 2 months in hospital everytime you get shot - stupid and detrimental to gameplay. Nobody actually wants a realistic game, which is why realism arguments are so selectively used.
Source: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/ind ... t-19679470

User avatar
Istoprocent1
 
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:14 pm
Byond Username: istoprocent

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Istoprocent1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:20 am #554538

MisterPerson wrote:If I walked down the street holding a sign that says "Niggers are not welcome", by your logic I'm not harassing my neighbors because I didn't say anything to them specifically.


Yes. A normal person would just walk by and ignore it, a sensitive person would clutch their pearls and go post on reddit or tumbler and a mentally challenged african-american with homosexual tendencies would chimp out and commit a felony.

Words are only words and you have the option to ignore or get offended.

User avatar
CDranzer
 
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 11:43 am
Byond Username: CDranzer

Re: Ban the N word

Postby CDranzer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:23 am #554539

MisterPerson wrote:Just because your words are not directed at someone in particular does not mean you aren't harassing them.

Yes, it does. Harassment requires a target. If there is no target, it is not harassment. It may be provocative, it may be offensive, it may be hurtful, but it is not harassment.

User avatar
Taraiph
 
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:16 pm
Byond Username: Taraiph

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Taraiph » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:50 am #554544

Istoprocent1 wrote:
MisterPerson wrote:If I walked down the street holding a sign that says "Niggers are not welcome", by your logic I'm not harassing my neighbors because I didn't say anything to them specifically.


Yes. A normal person would just walk by and ignore it, a sensitive person would clutch their pearls and go post on reddit or tumbler and a mentally challenged african-american with homosexual tendencies would chimp out and commit a felony.

Words are only words and you have the option to ignore or get offended.


:thonk:

User avatar
Jack7D1
 
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:00 am
Location: Here
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Jack7D1 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:44 pm #554563

All topics like this have gone nowhere and are unlikely to get us anywhere productive except to arguing with eachother. Therefore nothing should be changed and these topics ignored.
Elysius Languida is a pacifist moth who dies every round.

User avatar
peoplearestrange
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Ban the N word

Postby peoplearestrange » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:58 pm #554564

trollbreeder wrote:Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can't.

Istoprocent1 wrote:Words are only words and you have the option to ignore or get offended.


This forum, discussion, NTR, "drama", is a burden of evidence as to why this isn't true. OBVIOUSLY you can literally not read words or try to not be affected by what you've read. But the reality is people can't unread and people do get affected by what they've read, its why books and poetry and lyrics mean something, often you don't have absolute control over what you feel when you hear something.
The "sticks and stones" argument is so often touted as an excuse for bullying rather than dealing with the route problem that its become an empty cliche, so using it here is kinda apt.

Once again, I have yet to hear any reasonable argument as to why you NEED to say this one racial slur, especially over any other swear or expletive that would get the point across without specifically targeting a racial group.
/tg/stations' Forum Mother
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

User avatar
wesoda25
 
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Ban the N word

Postby wesoda25 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:50 pm #554586

You’re wasting your time this won’t ever happen
How Much Does Crushed Stone Delivery Cost?

Summary: Gravel Delivery Prices
Minus crushed rock costs $12-$35 per cubic yard while clean crushed rock costs $30-$50 per cubic yard. Delivery and spreading can double those prices. However, the more material you order, the less the total cost. Delivery is usually free of charge up to 10 miles.

Relevant: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... stone1.png

Crushed rock is a type of gravel that has been mechanically broken down into small pieces and sorted by size. It is a highly versatile product, used for driveways, pathways, flower beds or as a base for concrete, pavers, asphalt, retaining walls, sheds or foundations.

Crushed rock is a very strong and durable material, and it offers great traction. It is available for delivery by the cubic yard, typically by landscaping supply companies that also sell products such as mulch, sand and soil.

About Crushed Rock Delivery
There are two basic types of crushed rocks: minus and clean. Both are available in a variety of sizes and colors, but they are used differently.

  1. Any crushed rock with the word minus in the description (3/4-inch minus, for example) will also contain smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. This type packs down tightly, making it ideal for established driveways without drainage problems, as well as a base material for porches, patios, walkways, driveways and the like.
  2. Clean crushed rock does not have the smaller pieces of rock, dirt and/or sand. If it is advertised as 1/4 inch, all pieces are that size. Because clean crushed rock does not pack down tightly, it is not ideal as a base. But it is great for new driveways or those with drainage problems. It also works well for decorative pathways, walkways, plant beds and flower beds.

If you’re unsure of which type to buy, ask a professional, particularly if you have problems such as excessive erosion, improper drainage or muddy conditions.

Crushed rock is typically sold by the cubic yard (27 square feet). Before you place an order, you’ll have to url=https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/construction/square-footage-calculator.php]determine the square footage of the area you need to covero/url] and how deep you want the rock to be. As a guideline, one cubic yard covers about 324 square feet, one inch deep. Similarly, it covers 162 square feet, 2 inches deep.

pPea Gravel Cost
Expect to pay between around $35 per cubic yard or $40 to $45 per ton for pea gravel delivery. The price will decrease significantly for large quantities of pea gravel. If you are looking for a color other than gray, the cost will increase.

Pea gravel is a small hard stone that is about the size of a pea. The most common size is 3/8 inch. It is smooth and generally round with no sharp edges. It is frequently used in home gardening and decorative landscaping projects such as accenting flower beds and gardens.

Cost of Crushed Rock Delivery
The price of crushed rock depends on the type and size you select, and the amount. It is also heavily influenced by your geographic location. Prices in big cities are easily double what they are in many rural areas.

  1. Minus crushed rock is less expensive, ranging from about $12-$35 per cubic yard, not including delivery or spreading.
  2. Clean crushed rock usually ranges in price from $30-$50 per cubic yard, also not including delivery or spreading.

Delivery and spreading charges vary, too, but in many cases they will double the price. The more you order, however, the less per cubic yard delivery charges will be.

Source: https://www.kompareit.com/homeandgarden ... costs.html

User avatar
trollbreeder
 
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: Ban the N word

Postby trollbreeder » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:03 pm #554588

peoplearestrange wrote:Once again, I have yet to hear any reasonable argument as to why you NEED to say this one racial slur, especially over any other swear or expletive that would get the point across without specifically targeting a racial group.


I have yet to hear any reasonable argument as to why you NEED to have this one racial slur banned either, especially over any other swear or expletive that would get the point across without specifically targeting a racial group (except when you are).
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
peoplearestrange
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Ban the N word

Postby peoplearestrange » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:19 pm #554597

wesoda25 wrote:You’re wasting your time this won’t ever happen

Finally someone speaking the truth.


trollbreeder wrote:I have yet to hear any reasonable argument as to why you NEED to have this one racial slur banned either, especially over any other swear or expletive that would get the point across without specifically targeting a racial group (except when you are).

Really? Your retort was "I know you are but what am I?" I've given my arguments in the thread already. What I was saying is not that anyone has yet to give me an argument I accept, its that anyone has yet to address my question at all. They're all snide work arounds like your reply, or "slippery slope" baselessness.
Just answer my damn question then I might actually understand the argument you're trying to make
/tg/stations' Forum Mother
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

User avatar
trollbreeder
 
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: Ban the N word

Postby trollbreeder » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:44 pm #554606

peoplearestrange wrote:Really? Your retort was "I know you are but what am I?" I've given my arguments in the thread already. What I was saying is not that anyone has yet to give me an argument I accept, its that anyone has yet to address my question at all. They're all snide work arounds like your reply, or "slippery slope" baselessness.
Just answer my damn question then I might actually understand the argument you're trying to make

Let's say we banned the N word. Purely theoretical.
Now, someone makes a new word that means the same, and becomes popular through the internet.
That is a new insult you have to moderate so you don't look hypocritical (Wow, they banned THIS, but they didn't ban THAT which means the same!)
Repeat ad nauseam.

Doing this quickly turns into a whack-a-mole game of "what word do the kool kidz use today to hurt feelings?"

It's fucking pointless.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:26 pm
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: Ban the N word

Postby MisterPerson » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:49 pm #554609

Really? You guys are defending my ridiculous example as not harassment?

This site obviously deals with the legal definition of harassment in the US, but these two sentences sum harassment up nicely. "Harassment is unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. ... The victim does not have to be the person harassed, but can be anyone affected by the offensive conduct."

Webster's: "to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct"

Cambridge: "behavior that annoys or upsets someone"

I would do more but this isn't how I want to spend my Saturday and frankly I think ya'll get the idea.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Why realism is stupid:
Spoiler:
Wiz, the project lead of Europa Universalis IV:

Immersion/flavor is playing a WW2 shooter and using a mosin-nagant instead of a laser gun - this is important.

Realism is playing a WW2 shooter and having to spend 2 months in hospital everytime you get shot - stupid and detrimental to gameplay. Nobody actually wants a realistic game, which is why realism arguments are so selectively used.
Source: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/ind ... t-19679470

User avatar
Cobby
 
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Cobby » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:42 pm #554682

If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current

User avatar
confused rock
 
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:18 am
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Ban the N word

Postby confused rock » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:30 am #554763

oh god forget rules lawyering misterperson is law lawyering the definition of harassment
Image
Image

User avatar
Whoneedspacee
 
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 2:07 am
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Whoneedspacee » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:07 pm #554891

I don’t believe anyone should be banned for saying something without ill intent and we already have systems in place for protecting people personally or banning people who have malicious intent.

This argument is never ending and I genuinely believe people who hate this word would be happier in a goonstation style community, but if you really want to throw a shitfit about it then put up a vote.

If the vote fails then you have to accept that the majority of the community just doesn’t really give a fuck and personally for me, seeing someone get banned over a word when otherwise they are a fine person is just lame.

Whether the vote passes or fails one side will have to accept the majority rule and move on to a community that better suits their tastes or just live on with whatever happens.

It truly is the beauty of the internet that you have free control over whom you interact with.

User avatar
Gamarr
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Gamarr » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:21 am #554910

I'm betting on the github issue is almost-directly tied the insanity in this thread in some form or another. Play shitty games, win shitty prizes.
Also,
Naloac wrote:People who cant handle the no no words are just as bad as the retards screaming nigger over and over again.

User avatar
Shadowflame909
 
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here
Byond Username: Shadowflame909

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Shadowflame909 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:00 am #554923

trollbreeder wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:Really? Your retort was "I know you are but what am I?" I've given my arguments in the thread already. What I was saying is not that anyone has yet to give me an argument I accept, its that anyone has yet to address my question at all. They're all snide work arounds like your reply, or "slippery slope" baselessness.
Just answer my damn question then I might actually understand the argument you're trying to make

Let's say we banned the N word. Purely theoretical.
Now, someone makes a new word that means the same, and becomes popular through the internet.
That is a new insult you have to moderate so you don't look hypocritical (Wow, they banned THIS, but they didn't ban THAT which means the same!)
Repeat ad nauseam.

Doing this quickly turns into a whack-a-mole game of "what word do the kool kidz use today to hurt feelings?"

It's fucking pointless.


Would it really spiral down into banning SIMP/Cuck.

Spoiler:
Image

ThanatosRa wrote:My biggest problem is that I can't fix any of this.


Boris wrote:shadowflame either has a brain the size of a pea or one the size of the moon and he's playing 58D chess.


BeeSting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.


BebeYoshi wrote:Saltyflame909


Cobby wrote:The trash bin... have you lost your way home anon?

User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Ban the N word

Postby oranges » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:44 am #554933

Shadowflame909 wrote:
trollbreeder wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:Really? Your retort was "I know you are but what am I?" I've given my arguments in the thread already. What I was saying is not that anyone has yet to give me an argument I accept, its that anyone has yet to address my question at all. They're all snide work arounds like your reply, or "slippery slope" baselessness.
Just answer my damn question then I might actually understand the argument you're trying to make

Let's say we banned the N word. Purely theoretical.
Now, someone makes a new word that means the same, and becomes popular through the internet.
That is a new insult you have to moderate so you don't look hypocritical (Wow, they banned THIS, but they didn't ban THAT which means the same!)
Repeat ad nauseam.

Doing this quickly turns into a whack-a-mole game of "what word do the kool kidz use today to hurt feelings?"

It's fucking pointless.


Would it really spiral down into banning SIMP/Cuck.


I think we should ban all SIMPS
Image

User avatar
peoplearestrange
Global Moderator
 
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Location: UK
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Ban the N word

Postby peoplearestrange » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:23 pm #555000

Cobby wrote:If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.

Says the straight white guy.

trollbreeder wrote:Let's say we banned the N word. Purely theoretical.
Now, someone makes a new word that means the same, and becomes popular through the internet.
That is a new insult you have to moderate so you don't look hypocritical (Wow, they banned THIS, but they didn't ban THAT which means the same!)
Repeat ad nauseam.

Doing this quickly turns into a whack-a-mole game of "what word do the kool kidz use today to hurt feelings?"

It's fucking pointless.

What you seem to be suggesting here is that the N word is a new or recently popular slur. Which is not only completely ridiculous its also plainly wrong. Its also AGAIN the slipery slope argument, your asking for people to not take action on something now to prevent POSSIBLE what if's in the future!

You don't make rules or laws based PURELY on how social change may or may not happen in the future, you base it on whats happening NOW. There isn't any accurate way to predict how this game will be in the future LET ALONE social structures!

Whoneedspacee wrote:I don’t believe anyone should be banned for saying something without ill intent and we already have systems in place for protecting people personally or banning people who have malicious intent.

I don't think people should be banned for saying it, I think the word should be filtered out, in the same way we have filters in IC text to remove some words such as ahelp etc

Whoneedspacee wrote:This argument is never ending and I genuinely believe people who hate this word would be happier in a goonstation style community, but if you really want to throw a shitfit about it then put up a vote.
If the vote fails then you have to accept that the majority of the community just doesn’t really give a fuck and personally for me, seeing someone get banned over a word when otherwise they are a fine person is just lame.
Whether the vote passes or fails one side will have to accept the majority rule and move on to a community that better suits their tastes or just live on with whatever happens.

Voting seems like a reasonable idea, though its very hard to phrase the question without either a bias (affecting the answer) or without using the word directly and not being obtuse either.

Whoneedspacee wrote:It truly is the beauty of the internet that you have free control over whom you interact with.

Yes but that comes at the expense of not being able to play or do the things you want.
/tg/stations' Forum Mother
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment

miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly

WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.

Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.

TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...

NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.

Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!

Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!

Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.

IM TRYING

Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch

Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...


Are you having a stroke

bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing

MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.

PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"

I'm a box

User avatar
Denton
Code Maintainer
 
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:53 pm
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Denton » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:47 pm #555003

peoplearestrange wrote:
Cobby wrote:If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.

Says the straight white guy.

Imagine trying to pull the straight white guy card on cobby of all people LMAO
Image

User avatar
trollbreeder
 
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Re: Ban the N word

Postby trollbreeder » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:49 pm #555004

peoplearestrange wrote:
Cobby wrote:If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.

Says the straight white guy.

What is your argument other than "straight white guy bad"?

peoplearestrange wrote:
trollbreeder wrote:-snip-

What you seem to be suggesting here is that the N word is a new or recently popular slur. Which is not only completely ridiculous its also plainly wrong. Its also AGAIN the slipery slope argument, your asking for people to not take action on something now to prevent POSSIBLE what if's in the future!

You don't make rules or laws based PURELY on how social change may or may not happen in the future, you base it on whats happening NOW. There isn't any accurate way to predict how this game will be in the future LET ALONE social structures!

You make rules and laws based on the now and on whether or not it's necessary for the now (theft is against the law because else people will steal and get away with it.)
It's not necessary, because the rules we have right now can be used to fight the racism that this word brings. People spamming nigger over and over can be slammed for the spam rule. People saying nigger to a black person can be slammed for harassment. Otherwise, ignore it and go on with your life, or disable OOC for the round like Vekter, or call security.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Qustinnus
TGMC Maintainer
 
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 am
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Qustinnus » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:22 pm #555017

peoplearestrange wrote:
Cobby wrote:If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.

Says the straight white guy.


Hahaha Holy shit PAS nothing is better than you looking like a hypocritical piece of shit by assuming a guy is white and straight even though cobby is one of the most blunt people in this community about preferring men next to gwyn. I don't understand how you can have your head so far up your ass that you don't realize how fucking hypocritical you are that all you have is as defense is "well your [race] and [sexuality]"


This thread will never work out and virtue signaling clowns like PAS will never realize how hypocritical they are

User avatar
teepeepee
 
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:21 am
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: Ban the N word

Postby teepeepee » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:30 pm #555018

peoplearestrange wrote:
Cobby wrote:If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.

Says the straight white guy.

didn't he spend like a month posting yaoi on the hut?
I think he's a fag
also, do not post identifying information of people, like their race, that's a very antifa nigger thing to do

User avatar
Naloac
In-Game Admin
 
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:21 pm
Byond Username: Naloac

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Naloac » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:39 pm #555021

peoplearestrange wrote:
Cobby wrote:If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.

Says the straight white guy.


Image

For someone trying to preach tolerance thats a very intolerant uninformed thing to say when you know nothing about them.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24032
Image
The best goddamn Comment on my youtube videos.
Image

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:55 am.
Reason: Shitposts go in the hut

PostThis post was deleted by Arianya on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:55 am.
Reason: Shitposts go in the hut

User avatar
Gamarr
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:10 pm
Byond Username: Gamarr

Re: Ban the N word

Postby Gamarr » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:06 pm #555028

peoplearestrange wrote:Says the straight white guy.


This being your automatic assumption of someone for disagreeing with you says all that needs to be said about the issues behind this argument, how dangerous it is, and what a slippery slope this is.

PreviousNext

Return to Policy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pugie