Ban the N word

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Ban the N word

Post by Qbopper » #549129

Bottom post of the previous page:

that's it

if you want a line drawn clearly, there you go - if you use the n word in a context that isn't obviously good faith/clinical (eg. discussing a slur ban in a thread like this) you are banned. ban it from IC, ban it from OOC, ban it from discord and the forums. idc about the exact punishment since I'm just putting this up for discussion but you could make it zero tolerance or a one time temp ban followed by a permaban, if you like

I agree that these discussions do not start with enough nuance so let's narrow shit down to something where progress can actually be made instead of habing two sides that are already hyper entrenched in their views take potshots and get sidetracked on stupid bullshit
Limey wrote:its too late.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Ban the N word

Post by Shadowflame909 » #554923

trollbreeder wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote: Really? Your retort was "I know you are but what am I?" I've given my arguments in the thread already. What I was saying is not that anyone has yet to give me an argument I accept, its that anyone has yet to address my question at all. They're all snide work arounds like your reply, or "slippery slope" baselessness.
Just answer my damn question then I might actually understand the argument you're trying to make
Let's say we banned the N word. Purely theoretical.
Now, someone makes a new word that means the same, and becomes popular through the internet.
That is a new insult you have to moderate so you don't look hypocritical (Wow, they banned THIS, but they didn't ban THAT which means the same!)
Repeat ad nauseam.

Doing this quickly turns into a whack-a-mole game of "what word do the kool kidz use today to hurt feelings?"

It's fucking pointless.
Would it really spiral down into banning SIMP/Cuck.
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #554933

Shadowflame909 wrote:
trollbreeder wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote: Really? Your retort was "I know you are but what am I?" I've given my arguments in the thread already. What I was saying is not that anyone has yet to give me an argument I accept, its that anyone has yet to address my question at all. They're all snide work arounds like your reply, or "slippery slope" baselessness.
Just answer my damn question then I might actually understand the argument you're trying to make
Let's say we banned the N word. Purely theoretical.
Now, someone makes a new word that means the same, and becomes popular through the internet.
That is a new insult you have to moderate so you don't look hypocritical (Wow, they banned THIS, but they didn't ban THAT which means the same!)
Repeat ad nauseam.

Doing this quickly turns into a whack-a-mole game of "what word do the kool kidz use today to hurt feelings?"

It's fucking pointless.
Would it really spiral down into banning SIMP/Cuck.
I think we should ban all SIMPS
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #555000

Cobby wrote:If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.
Says the straight white guy.
trollbreeder wrote: Let's say we banned the N word. Purely theoretical.
Repeat ad nauseam.

It's fucking pointless.
What you seem to be suggesting here is that the N word is a new or recently popular slur. Which is not only completely ridiculous its also plainly wrong. Its also AGAIN the slipery slope argument, your asking for people to not take action on something now to prevent POSSIBLE what if's in the future!

You don't make rules or laws based PURELY on how social change may or may not happen in the future, you base it on whats happening NOW. There isn't any accurate way to predict how this game will be in the future LET ALONE social structures!
Whoneedspacee wrote:I don’t believe anyone should be banned for saying something without ill intent and we already have systems in place for protecting people personally or banning people who have malicious intent.
I don't think people should be banned for saying it, I think the word should be filtered out, in the same way we have filters in IC text to remove some words such as ahelp etc
Whoneedspacee wrote: This argument is never ending and I genuinely believe people who hate this word would be happier in a goonstation style community, but if you really want to throw a shitfit about it then put up a vote.
If the vote fails then you have to accept that the majority of the community just doesn’t really give a fuck and personally for me, seeing someone get banned over a word when otherwise they are a fine person is just lame.
Whether the vote passes or fails one side will have to accept the majority rule and move on to a community that better suits their tastes or just live on with whatever happens.
Voting seems like a reasonable idea, though its very hard to phrase the question without either a bias (affecting the answer) or without using the word directly and not being obtuse either.
Whoneedspacee wrote: It truly is the beauty of the internet that you have free control over whom you interact with.
Yes but that comes at the expense of not being able to play or do the things you want.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #555003

peoplearestrange wrote:
Cobby wrote:If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.
Imagine trying to pull the straight white guy card on cobby of all people LMAO
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #555004

peoplearestrange wrote:
Cobby wrote: If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.
What is your argument other than "straight white guy bad"?
peoplearestrange wrote:
trollbreeder wrote:-snip-
What you seem to be suggesting here is that the N word is a new or recently popular slur. Which is not only completely ridiculous its also plainly wrong. Its also AGAIN the slipery slope argument, your asking for people to not take action on something now to prevent POSSIBLE what if's in the future!

You don't make rules or laws based PURELY on how social change may or may not happen in the future, you base it on whats happening NOW. There isn't any accurate way to predict how this game will be in the future LET ALONE social structures!
You make rules and laws based on the now and on whether or not it's necessary for the now (theft is against the law because else people will steal and get away with it.)
It's not necessary, because the rules we have right now can be used to fight the racism that this word brings. People spamming nigger over and over can be slammed for the spam rule. People saying nigger to a black person can be slammed for harassment. Otherwise, ignore it and go on with your life, or disable OOC for the round like Vekter, or call security.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #555017

peoplearestrange wrote:

Hahaha Holy shit PAS nothing is better than you looking like a hypocritical piece of shit by assuming a guy is white and straight even though cobby is one of the most blunt people in this community about preferring men next to gwyn. I don't understand how you can have your head so far up your ass that you don't realize how fucking hypocritical you are that all you have is as defense is "well your [race] and [sexuality]"

This thread will never work out and virtue signaling clowns like PAS will never realize how hypocritical they are
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #555018

peoplearestrange wrote:
Cobby wrote: If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.
didn't he spend like a month posting yaoi on the hut?
I think he's a fag
also, do not post identifying information of people, like their race, that's a very antifa nigger thing to do
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #555021

peoplearestrange wrote:

For someone trying to preach tolerance thats a very intolerant uninformed thing to say when you know nothing about them.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #555028

peoplearestrange wrote: Says the straight white guy.
This being your automatic assumption of someone for disagreeing with you says all that needs to be said about the issues behind this argument, how dangerous it is, and what a slippery slope this is.
Blurbo
Byond Username: Blurbo

Post by Blurbo » #555042

Rshoe or some other retard got the git banned for merging a codebase called "nigger" with tg and reporting it so now the nigger word goes bye bye
Blurbo
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #555043

First of all, to discuss this in any coherent manner, we need to ban anyone who has ever voiced an opinion on the matter from the discussion.
Remove bias first, then you can discuss it.
(Yes that includes literally everyone who makes a post and says something about this.)
Second, none of this will make anyone feel any better about anything.
All it will do is make people argue and create retarded cliques and metagangs somewhere in the discord or something where you will endlessly echo chamber it and then a lot of people have to get banned because it will find itself into the game as personalities collide.
Thirdly, if you want to word filter it, that's cool, if you BAN the word from EVER being used, you are literally a censoring free speech.
Not that it will ever become an issue, but server IS hosted in US of A, right?
Moral obligation to follow laws of your country or some absolute bullshit like that. Also jail time?
I know none of the big social platforms do that but you could just like, exist above that absolute cancer and just not take a stand on something for once. Nobody is really here for that, are they? If they are, well, there are better places to echo chamber it.

Hot take, we should ban all discussion if something is or is not racist and go case by case basis because none of you fucks have any qualifications do make these decisions beyond the simplest "was it targeted at an individual", which, we already ruled that, no?
Targeted harassment is not okay.
Word existing is not targeted.
Word being spoken is not targeted.

Hot take two, you getting called X is not anything but being called X unless you make it more.
"move on" has always been step one to conflict resolution.
It's a personal problem in anonymity of internet unless you on purpose make it a targeted one by escalating it by making you a target yourself.
You could have just used a anime avatar and NOT doxx yourself with your preferred pronouns or something.
I.E. Banbaiting with extra seasoning.

lastly, go argue on twitter, that's what it's there for.
This is a simulated murderspree simulator, all of the nerds screaming racism is somehow worse than murder are objectively false in their input, thank you. Adding the word "simulated" to both devalue both in equal measure. Therefore, if you have an issue with it, i expect you to lobby for removal of murder first. Then you have a leg to stand on in this discussion.
Otherwise, you ARE virtue signalling and yes you are injecting unnecessary IRL bias to paranoia simulator.
It is a game, we come here to escape reality, not to listen to more of the endless arguments about this and that and how Karen is a bad person for talking to manager like that.

Unless of course if MSO says so then it's facts and all of you nabbers can go elsewhere. God i love tyranny.
signnatrire
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #555046

playing a black character basically invites people to call you the no no word, which would get them banned.
playing a black character should be against the rules, since its ban baiting.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Ghilker
Byond Username: Ghilker

Post by Ghilker » #555049

terranaut wrote:playing a black character basically invites people to call you the no no word, which would get them banned.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #555056

the fact that every time revitiligo was released we all had fun talking in ebonics and ordering the chef to make us fried chicken and watermelon speaks volumes about how the players feel about this
Gwyn
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Starlord_Gwyn

Post by Gwyn » #555069

I fully agree that people who say "nya" should be banned.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #555071

peoplearestrange wrote:
Making a jab about things you supposedly know about me that I can't control like my race, gender, sexuality (lol) because I don't hold the same viewpoint as you is childish, hypocritical, and already against the rules since it falls under harassment.

I'll chalk this time up to being passionate about the subject, but do it again and I'll report you. I don't think any comment of mine "egged" such a response.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #555074

terranaut wrote:playing a black character basically invites people to call you the no no word, which would get them banned.
So when you meet a person of colour IRL you feel like your "Invited" to call them the n word? Really? Are your social skills that minimal?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #555075

Cobby wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:
Making a jab about things you supposedly know about me that I can't control like my race, gender, sexuality (lol) because I don't hold the same viewpoint as you is childish, hypocritical, and already against the rules since it falls under harassment.

I'll chalk this time up to being passionate about the subject, but do it again and I'll report you. I don't think any comment of mine "egged" such a response.
As you put it "if you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "straight white guy" or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter."

I have 0 clue who you are a person, but the fact your offended by this or feel even called out by it enough to threaten to "report me next time" is exactly my point. Words have an impact, you could have ignored this and not even mentioned it seeing as that's apparently what everyone is supposed to do. Not talk about difficult things or things we don't like.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #555080

peoplearestrange wrote:
Cobby wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:

As you put it "if you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet calling you "straight white guy" or whatever slur applies to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged you by using these words will not solve or even alleviate for that matter."

I have 0 clue who you are a person, but the fact your offended by this or feel even called out by it enough to threaten to "report me next time" is exactly my point. Words have an impact, you could have ignored this and not even mentioned it seeing as that's apparently what everyone is supposed to do. Not talk about difficult things or things we don't like.
except you want to blanket ban the word without it being targetted, and you specifically targetted cobby because you assumed he was a white straight male which is far shittier than any of the problems you've raised in this thread so far.

sorry pas nice try but you've exposed yourself as the prejudiced asshole we expected you to be.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #555082

Sorry i'm used to writing in the hut so my last post was just me being disingenuous because you were (acting as if you were) being hypocritical.

I don't care if you call me anything really, even if you use the mighty "faggot". If it bothered me I'd just block you or avoid you. Not like you calling me mean names is going to make me like guys less or anything lol.

I guess this is a failing on my part since I said "calling you" which is not what this thread is about, it would be more appropriate if I had said...

If you get affected by a faceless nobody over the internet saying "nigger","faggot", or whatever slur that happens to apply to yourself; you have more underlying issues that banning these people who have wronged "you" by using these words in a non-targeted fashion will not solve or even alleviate for that matter.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #555087

I guess my point was (though badly executed) that the reason so many of the players seemingly are ok with the N word and a few other passed around slurs (though that isn't what this thread is about) is that it doesn't effect them. Its meaningless to them and therefore it becomes discounted.

But I don't believe we should be judging something on whether it effects ONLY us, this is the very base of even our server rules. "Your fun shouldn't come at the expense of everybody else's". And I feel that this is what it does do, your "need" to say this slur directly effects other people, whether you say its targeted or not. The word itself is targeted, its only towards a minority, with very negative connotations and history.

This is the point I'm failing to get across. Partly its because I'm not actually very good at arguing my point or debating. But it is something I believe in as a core belief and I'd like to have at least 1 person understand the point in trying to make.

Does that make more sense?
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #555092

peoplearestrange wrote:I guess my point was (though badly executed) that the reason so many of the players seemingly are ok with the N word and a few other passed around slurs (though that isn't what this thread is about) is that it doesn't effect them. Its meaningless to them and therefore it becomes discounted.

But I don't believe we should be judging something on whether it effects ONLY us, this is the very base of even our server rules. "Your fun shouldn't come at the expense of everybody else's". And I feel that this is what it does do, your "need" to say this slur directly effects other people, whether you say its targeted or not. The word itself is targeted, its only towards a minority, with very negative connotations and history.

This is the point I'm failing to get across. Partly its because I'm not actually very good at arguing my point or debating. But it is something I believe in as a core belief and I'd like to have at least 1 person understand the point in trying to make.

Does that make more sense?
No, there's the following issues with your dumb take on this problem

1. You put the N word on a pedestal. This either means you don't care about other slurs or that you'd ban a lot more shit after.
2. If you want a community which works as a safe space you are in the wrong community. Goon and yog have been far more like what you'd want and you trying to radically change everyone's mind is just making everyone think you're a clown. Go to yog or goon where all the similar minded people you want are.
3. People getting mad about a word not targetted at them have psychological issues that they should get help for. Sligneris got fucking mad if you even uttered the word vox, do we ban the word vox to help people like them?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #555099

Qustinnus wrote: 1. You put the N word on a pedestal. This either means you don't care about other slurs or that you'd ban a lot more shit after.
What is this specific thread titled?
Qustinnus wrote: 2. If you want a community which works as a safe space you are in the wrong community. Goon and yog have been far more like what you'd want and you trying to radically change everyone's mind is just making everyone think you're a clown. Go to yog or goon where all the similar minded people you want are.
Attempting to force me out by saying "I say no, go else were" isn't an argument or a solution
Qustinnus wrote: 3. People getting mad about a word not targetted at them have psychological issues that they should get help for. Sligneris got fucking mad if you even uttered the word vox, do we ban the word vox to help people like them?
Vox isn't a slur.

Seriously stop being simple. At least Im having a debate with cobby.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #555111

peoplearestrange wrote:
Qustinnus wrote: 1. You put the N word on a pedestal. This either means you don't care about other slurs or that you'd ban a lot more shit after.
What is this specific thread titled?
thats the issue retard
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #555121

peoplearestrange wrote:
Qustinnus wrote: 3. People getting mad about a word not targetted at them have psychological issues that they should get help for. Sligneris got fucking mad if you even uttered the word vox, do we ban the word vox to help people like them?
Vox isn't a slur.

Seriously stop being simple. At least Im having a debate with cobby.
peoplearestrange wrote:
I know this is the first time you've ever been directly called out for your horrid ideas, but ad-hom is typically not seen as a winning debate strategy.

Seriously, how can you expect anyone to give any weight to any arguments you make from here on out now that you've openly admitted you're an actual, honest to God bigot?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #555130

its just a game my dudes

none of you would say nigger IRL and i support cobbys point fully
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
wet socks
Byond Username: AarontheIdiot

Post by wet socks » #555147

does the Ignore button still not work?
I am Aaron Browne/Floridium XXI in game
Give me feedback
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #555151

does this include with an a or just the hard r
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #555154

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #555180

n word and other slurs are almost never used in game
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #555187

Istoprocent1 wrote:What about niggardly?

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries. ... /niggardly
niggardly isn't even the n-word, it's just a word.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #555194

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:n word and other slurs are almost never used in game
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #555200

we still dont have an answer to if nigga is banned aswell or if it's just nigger
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #555216

peoplearestrange wrote:Says the straight white guy.
This is like saying "you're not part of our weirdo club your opinion isn't important!" which immediately makes your opinion worthless to anyone that isn't already agreeing with you.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #555223

saprasam wrote:we still dont have an answer to if nigga is banned aswell or if it's just nigger
I mean partially this is because OP just dropped this bomb onto policy discussion and yeeted out. We're long past the point of constructive conversation now.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #555263

I'm just going to call it for this dastardly thread. I can assure you that we were pretty much done here 2 pages ago but due to some nasty bumping we're still eeking out the same arguments 90 replies later. It's only a matter of time before we get a new guy who has proudly not read the thread and as such going to say one of these already sickeningly dissected points:

slippery slope
targeted harassment vs general harassment
ban all slurs instead (wait, this is just slippery slope with a different face?!)
general tg community image
hard r AND a?
the weight of the n word
rock facts and other real mind rocking revelations geologists don't want you to unearth

(headmins, you can post through locked threads if you have a conclusion you'd like to announce, or unlock this if you think there is more to discuss)