Is the captain's room a high-security area?

Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Is the captain's room a high-security area?

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #550499

i'm asking this in regards to round 132642, where the QM law 2'd the ai into letting them in and upon refusal the ai got noted (there was a lot more going on but that doesn't matter), despite the room having a laser gun with infinite ammo and other important items.
he thermited in anyways sooo
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Re: Is the captain's room a high-security area?

Post by Jack7D1 » #550501

That depends, was there a captain? If so the captains quarters is captain exclusive. We're there heads of staff? If so they should be able to enter, but not the QM. However if there were no heads at all, QM would be the highest rank and should secure disky.

Also saying law 2 in your order is not only redundant, but will make the ai hate you invariably.
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #550503

For as long as I can remember the captain's quarters has always been considered a high-security area. Other than on manuel, if you enter uninvited you open yourself up to getting killed.
Last edited by HommandoSA on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #550508

The captain's room has the spare, so free gamer access, as well as the captain's laser gun, and the disk to activate the station's nuclear self destruct device. If that shouldn't be considered high security, I don't know what would be.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #550509

The captain can kill you in it if you broke in so you be the judge of that.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #550514

yes it is are you stupid it's the fucking captain's office/quarters

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #550518

i was that ai :honk:
We had an rd
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #550533

AIs being required to open doors for people without proper access is still ever so dumb because of situations like this
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #550547

God yes because Disky sleeps there.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #550555

Mickyan wrote:AIs being required to open doors for people without proper access is still ever so dumb because of situations like this
I believe the stupid dumb incorrect argument regarding that is that it "creates tension" between security and the AI and that this is good because of reasons.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #550561

there’s epic gamer card and two high risk items there so it’s technically allowed to cremate you for entering it
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #550563

Breaking in without the captain's permission has always meant you were valid to the captain, but I don't think the AI is forbidden to let you in.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #550568

It's high-security, but the AI still has to let you in, UNLESS, the Captain's laser gun is there and outside of its case as it would be an unsecured firearm and should be treated like the armoury.
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #550576

we already have a rule for this, there’s a list of places that the AI is allowed(not required or anything) to deny people entry to roundstart.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #550585

Captains room is a high security area but the AI cant deny you access to high security areas just because they're high security.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #550591

The captain's room is "high security" in that humans can valid-hunt you for trespassing.

Asimov laws don't recognise "access" or "high security" however (I've got a note for this as well).

The only places you can reasonably deny access without any special scenarios are upload/armoury/secure tech storage/(maybe) satellite
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #550608

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Captains room is a high security area but the AI cant deny you access to high security areas just because they're high security.
The Rules wrote:
Opening doors is not harmful and you are not required, expected, or allowed to enforce access restrictions unprompted without an immediate Law 1 threat of human harm.

"Dangerous" areas as the Armory, the Atmospherics division, and the Toxins lab can be assumed to be a Law 1 threat to any illegitimate users as well as the station as a whole if accessed by someone not qualified in their use.

EVA and the like are not permitted to have access denied; greentext (antagonists completing objectives) is not human harm. Secure Tech Storage can be kept as secure as your upload as long as the Upload boards are there.
Emphasis mine. So basically, is the captains office "dangerous" as per this rule
Edit: I'd argue it is, has an infinite ammo laser, AA, and the disk.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #550609

Yeah the nuclear disk, a ID that allows you to access dangerous areas, and a infinite recharging gun aren't dangerous?
► Show Spoiler
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #550623

Using Law 2 to get into the Captain's office is an incredibly boring tactic. Seriously, just threaten to punch somebody and the AI is obligated to let you in via Law 1.
► Show Spoiler
HommandoSA
Byond Username: HommandoSA

Post by HommandoSA » #550630

Farquaar wrote:just threaten to punch somebody and the AI is obligated to let you in via Law 1.
That is incorrect.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #550631

Shadowflame909 wrote:Yeah the nuclear disk, a ID that allows you to access dangerous areas, and a infinite recharging gun aren't dangerous?
Disk ain't dangerous without the code, which OPs do have so it's dangerous only in their hands. It's widely known that none of the crew, by default, has the code to the self-destruct.
The ID, by itself, is non-dangerous and it can't concievably be used to harm someone, much like a taser, even though it would make harming someone incredibly easy.
The gun is secured behind a display case, if it is outside the case, there's a legitimate argument to be made that the AI can deny access on the grounds of Law 1 as it is now an unsecured firearm.

To be perfectly frank, the only case that could be made is about the gun since it's method of being secured is rather flimsy but I treat it as a binary question. Is gun secure? If yes, Law 1 is not in effect. If no, then Law 1 is in effect.
Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #550633

Okay you are right indeed