Rule 4 needs expansion

XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Rule 4 needs expansion

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #554496

Currently there are a number of bad bans on appeal for "um you didn't give this guy that just straight self antagged the 1% chance to come back into the round?? what's up with that??".

Rule 4 should be expanded or at least have the wording updated to create clear policy that you aren't obliged to react in good faith and act to keep someone in the round who as a non-antagonist (or just a regular antagonist) acts in bad faith attempting to round remove other players (actual confirmed antags are pretty much open to this anyway so it's not like there's any chance with regards to antags acting as they're intended to).

Escalation already exists for coworkers clubbing each other over the head and has a specific phrasing indicating if you started it you have to throw them in the medbay (although not vice versa). Rule 4 exists specifically so that you aren't obliged to 'keep in the round' some guy that has clearly shown they're creating a negative effect on the round by attempting to remove other players from said round.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Rule 4 needs expansion

Post by oranges » #554499

I don't like this rule therefore it should be expanded so I can more effectively rules lawyer around it.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #554500

oranges wrote:I don't like this rule therefore it should be expanded so I can more effectively rules lawyer around it.
???

Admins ban because "oh I'm finding an excuse for why the rule doesn't apply in this instance and am digging up irrelevant precedent". It's the admins going around it and as a result it needs tuning.

Why do straight shitters get the benefit of "no you need to keep him in the round!" "It doesn't matter that as a roundstart sec officer (nonantag) he decided to get hulked and start round removing borgs, you can't exclude little timmy from the game because he's a fuckwit"
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #554565

yeah oranges look at this idiot he thinks a rule is bad so he's asking for it to change, in policy discussion, the section of the forums for discussing rules. He didn't even get a cited source from a research paper to prove his opinion is correct, what an idiot.
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #554587

Rules should be black and white. Only rules that can be "lawyered" are vague ones.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #554605

oranges wrote:I don't like this rule therefore it should be expanded so I can more effectively rules lawyer around it.
let's keep it as it is and let admins do the lawyering instead, good idea oranges
let's do the same with the peanut policy you asked to change too, since leaving it to the admins works, as you acknowledge
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #555630

oranges: admins can't be trusted to arbitrate on issues properly, so I'll call them out publicly and solve admin issues with code solutions whenever I can
also oranges: vague rules should stay because it means nobody can argue with the admins when they get banned for violating one of them
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Tarchonvaagh
Byond Username: Tarchonvaagh

Post by Tarchonvaagh » #555817

Istoprocent1 wrote:Rules should be black and white. Only rules that can be "lawyered" are vague ones.
but not too black eh?
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #555819

Oranges' opinion is based off of how smarmy he can look while spouting it leave him alone he doesn't really believe in anything he says.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #562220

We have no desire to expand on rule four currently, it does its job well enough as is. We have taken steps to discuss proper enforcement with administrators when issues regarding enforcement of it have come up.
Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Phuzzylodgik: Yes.
TWATICUS Yes.