Manuel: Non-antags using antag gear.

annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Manuel: Non-antags using antag gear.

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #559611

Particularly security.

A round I was just in featured a protracted exchange over sec and public comms of sec draining uplinks of captured traitors, bargaining for telecrystals, handing out gamergear amongst sec, this and that and more. All facilitated and encouraged by the HoS.
This seems to me like something the admins should only allow to happen very conditionally, and something that's already flirting with outright breaking RP rules 7 and 8.
There is a time and place for things like picking up a LMG an operative just dropped and turning it against them, or brainwashing a known traitor with martial arts to fight on your side, popping a syndicate encryption key into the Warden's headset so they can monitor... But should glorified mall cops working at McCorporate research station be playing around with confiscated contraband items, buying MORE of them, and carrying them into duty? Emagging stuff for the hell of it or to gain an edge they might not even need?

Use your non-lethals like you're supposed to, break out the shotguns and lasers when those don't cut it, buy rifles and armor at cargo in lieu of lugging around syndicate stuff whenever possible, and throw the ePiC LoOt into the secure lockup where it belongs or better yet incinerate it. It's dangerous enemy technology, not requisitioned gear nor fun toys.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: Manuel: Non-antags using antag gear.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #559622

Only if it's tools that help them detain. Like e-bow and adrenals.

Sec does not need a revolver or a dual e-sword.
Last edited by Shadowflame909 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
CDranzer
Byond Username: CDranzer

Post by CDranzer » #559760

haha esword go vrrzzzz
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #559800

Git that paradise/yogshit outta here.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #559805

Istoprocent1 wrote:Git that paradise/yogshit outta here.
Thanks for sharing your valuable perspective as a player who has never played a single round on Manuel.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #559836

I feel like there's an interesting bit of discussion to have here.

On one hand, killing an antag has always given you access to their items as somewhat of a reward, but that doesn't really track with MRP. Why the hell would a sec officer get something like an emag that's purpose built to break shit?

I think the general concept here should be that most antag items aren't valid for sec to use on Manuel after confiscating them. The question would then be which ones would be allowed, but I don't really have time to list them all out right now.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #559938

They should be able to use items they confiscate, yes. I think the game is more mechanically interesting that way (incentivizes keeping your gear away from sec, which then means you need a good way of hiding it/keeping away from them), and the goal of MRP is to allow for RP while still allowing for interesting mechanics.
Vekter wrote:that doesn't really track with MRP. Why the hell would a sec officer get something like an emag that's purpose built to break shit?
If you want to write rulings around raw MRP, this isn't the avenue to do it, because you can just as easily justify the use of confiscated antag items with MRP. From an MRP perspective, it's in sec's best interest to keep a confiscated emag close and secure than to risk another traitor stealing it.
Also, that aside, I would imagine that it's already against the rules to run around emagging every door you see as a non-antag, so you're presenting kind of a non-argument. "Should sec be able to use a confiscated revolver?" "No, why the hell should sec be allowed to go around shooting everyone they see to death?" when that's already not allowed
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #559940

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:
Istoprocent1 wrote:Git that paradise/yogshit outta here.
Thanks for sharing your valuable perspective as a player who has never played a single round on Manuel.
As a frequent Manuel player - Git that paradise/yogshit outta here.

You are an enforcer for a dystopian corporation that wields absolute power and are under threat of numerous criminal and paranormal threats. Who wouldn't want a lightsaber to defend themselves? If anything the most LRP action you can do is go "well this item here could protect my life from the numerous organizations that want to murder and or rob me, better go put it in a locker".

The only real problem are antags who just toss their uplink to security.
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #559942

Non antags having antag gear has roleplay potential this is dum
[this space reserved]
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #559953

I don't play Manuel so take my opinion with a grain of salt but I think this can lead to some interesting conflict. People who the weapons were used on can sue security through the lawyers or maybe the captain can fire an officer for taking contraband for himself. It seems like a dumb and minor thing to write a whole policy about when the real issue is security doing stuff that's already against the rules with the gear. If an officer gets too trigger happy with their gamer gear and kills someone then treat it the same way as if they had gotten trigger happy with a laser gun.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #559974

I think policy is fine as is. traitors giving sec goodies is just boring all in all.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Istoprocent1
Byond Username: istoprocent

Post by Istoprocent1 » #560046

cybersaber101 wrote:traitors giving sec goodies is just boring all in all.
There is your problem - antags who do not want to play the game and willingly handing over their gear. Rather than try to take away other peoples' fun, maybe consider making this kind of behaviour illegal.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #560062

why is antag giving sec shit? sounds like fail rp, sec should only use dangerous illegal gear if they contact centcomm and they reply yes and the HoS/cap also stamps the report
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #560279

Sec should turn in all confiscated contraband to the warden.

so that he can use it to shoot greyshirts breaking in.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕