Revert "Revert Manuel's game mode chances"

Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

Revert "Revert Manuel's game mode chances"

Post by Ivuchnu » #560670

Bottom post of the previous page:

This thread https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=26176 buffed chance of modes that tend to devolve into Team Deathmatch most of time (wizard, nuclear emergency, cult and revolution).

I believe majority of Manuel players do not, in fact, enjoy those modes. Please run poll in lobby (the kind we had recently for maps and headmin election) if you don't believe me.
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Re: Revert "Revert Manuel's game mode chances"

Post by carshalash » #567408

Are we still ignoring this?
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #567415

Unfortunately we are not machines who can churn out responses to everything. Sometimes it takes time, we will address this.
NikoTheGuyDude
Byond Username: NikoTheGuyDude

Post by NikoTheGuyDude » #568214

With all due respect, manuel's community has been getting more and more aggravated at wizards, as they usually embody everything people play on manuel to avoid (one man deathsquads murderboning with reckless abandon) and judging from the fact that this post is MONTHS old, the community is probably very fed up. And they are. I understand that stuff takes time, but in the MONTHS that this post has been up, I feel it's reasonable to expect headmins to be able to give a response. Maybe there's something I'm not seeing, and if there is, please explain, but I don't understand how an issue this major for manuel can be overlooked for MONTHS. I don't want this to be an insult, but I'm really fed up with wizards and co. at this point.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #568896

wizard: 12%
nukeops: 8%
total: 20%

Assuming rounds last at least an hour, you're getting 4 hours aka 17% before youre getting smacked with these events. These rounds dont even last an hour.

I mean yeah not getting a response kinda sucks but it certainly isnt worth outrage or "i think there might be outrage so im going to post on behalf of these potentially outraged individuals".
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #570339

Can we cuck cult chance too please? k thanks.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #570857

Was having a pretty grand time roleplaying in a cult round, as a cultist mime had (unknowingly to me at the time) infiltrated Sec as an 'assistant detective' by pretending to put on an implant (I did not wear SecHuds, as the Det). It was going somewhere, then it went nowhere, because the moment the AI saw it was a cult round it instacalled the shuttle and started validhunting rampantly in response. The cultists, who had converted a couple people at that point, started rushing massively, my mime partner ran off to help, and it turned into TDM. I was apparently the sacrifice target and the Mime was getting close to me, which could've been interesting.

The lesson here is that these gamemodes can absolutely work in MRP, and that certain agents actively groaning and rushing them along only make the situation worse.

(Wizard, however, could really use a reworking of his toolset, as much of it really is dedicated to just fast run and gun combat with hit and run tactics. Fix Wiz, pls.)
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #571184

No amount of your hope for good faith crap or current policy saves cult in its current state, blood cult does not belong on Manuel period.

https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/round/143273 <--- a particularly painful round of cult.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Sylphet
Byond Username: Sylphet

Post by Sylphet » #571227

People are absolutely right that some modes aren't working right now - the problem here is that these modes are a prisoner's dilemma. Cult for example - To work on MRP, both the crew and the cult need to RP. If the cult starts peacefully approaching people, there's a very real chance that the person will screech CULT DORMS 4 and the entire station starts validhunting, not wanting the shift to turn into one of those cult rounds. If the crew ignore the metaknowledge that the cult are converting people, willingly or not, it takes one cultist to run around, start unga bunga flash and force converting people, and then it turns into one of those cult rounds. There's really nothing wrong with these modes mechanically, it's that people refuse to RP them.
Tell me how much you think that I should be thrown out of the nearest airlock !
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=27175
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #571236

Sylphet wrote:People are absolutely right that some modes aren't working right now - the problem here is that these modes are a prisoner's dilemma. Cult for example - To work on MRP, both the crew and the cult need to RP. If the cult starts peacefully approaching people, there's a very real chance that the person will screech CULT DORMS 4 and the entire station starts validhunting, not wanting the shift to turn into one of those cult rounds. If the crew ignore the metaknowledge that the cult are converting people, willingly or not, it takes one cultist to run around, start unga bunga flash and force converting people, and then it turns into one of those cult rounds. There's really nothing wrong with these modes mechanically, it's that people refuse to RP them.
Problem is all these game modes are built ontop of LRP rules. Binary concepts like valid/not valid are hugely useful on LRP, but detrimental to MRP - If they're an antag, they're valid. You have to ask antags to potentially sacrifice their antag rounds to do anything interesting on MRP. Families is the same. Families are antags. Space cops are antags. Everyone's an antag. The game mode's policies are a set of LRP rules.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 63#p322876 - Unless we're willing to overrule this specifically for Manuel, turns out you're risking a ban every time you accept being turned into a team antag in modes like Cult or Revs.

Cult COULD work really well on Manuel, there's a huge potential for MRP. But the policies surrounding cult are LRP, regardless of whatever rules Manuel has.

Revs COULD work really well on Manuel for the same reason, but again the policies surrounding revs are LRP.

Antags are valid and have limited protections when it comes to running gimmicks that necessitate them exposing themselves as antags.

Players are prohibited from seeking conversion in team-based game modes (barring families, which is a shit show because of the LRP policies that make up the game mode)

Too many game types permit murderboning. Team antag game modes almost universally permit validhunting because of the threat posed to the station.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #571247

I agree, families,cult and usually Revolutionaries are just really poor fits for Manuel. I'll admit that revolution can be really good at times though.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #571388

Coconutwarrior97 wrote:Unfortunately we are not machines who can churn out responses to everything. Sometimes it takes time, we will address this.
Your problem here is you're trying to let players guide the development of this server, when really what is called for is to set an executive direction and then let people manage within that space.

Otherwise you're going to see this thread, or a variation of this thread a million times over.
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #571532

oranges wrote:
Coconutwarrior97 wrote:Unfortunately we are not machines who can churn out responses to everything. Sometimes it takes time, we will address this.
Your problem here is you're trying to let players guide the development of this server, when really what is called for is to set an executive direction and then let people manage within that space.

Otherwise you're going to see this thread, or a variation of this thread a million times over.
Tripling conversion round game modes just because of a single request for it is dumb, its been 3 months of dealing with it now. Players AND admins both agree that a lot of these changes just don't work on manuel.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #571613

this thread, and it's predecessors are disinclined to agree with your comment.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #571648

3 months gang
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #571655

I dunno man I just wanna see less families, cult and revs on Manuel. That's it :/
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #572516

The following changes have been made,
nuclear from 3 to 2
revolution from 3 to 2
cult from 3 to 2
wizard from 4 to 2

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.