my guide to fixing the population on the LRP servers without using the hub as life support

imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

my guide to fixing the population on the LRP servers without using the hub as life support

Post by imsxz » #561041

Bottom post of the previous page:

we only opened up the extra servers(other than manuel) to deal with the sseth overflow, now that the pop has died back down the population is thinly spread across them most of the time, the issue very much noticeable during dead hours like EU in this image.
Attachments
greatleapforward.png

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: my guide to fixing the population on the LRP servers without using the hub as life support

Post by oranges » #563571

it's literally 200 players higher and that's almost 1/3rd more than before
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: my guide to fixing the population on the LRP servers without using the hub as life support

Post by terranaut » #563572

just hide all the server names, only let players connect to "tg" and let the servers sort out where to put them based on pop
(:
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #563617

200+ extra players is not "back to around the same level of players as we were pre-ssethtid."
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #563620

Not everyone wants to play on a server with 70+ players all the time. It's not a bad thing to have a server with 15 players and a couple of others with 30-50.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #563630

the assumption here is that players are too dumb to go on the """correct""" server, either because of some server-loyalty or because they dont know how to use the website/server hop verb if it still works.

It could just be that people enjoy low pop and non-MRP rulelist constraints. If you think that it's incorrect, just hop in and tell them there's more pop on the other tg-hosted server.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #563683

There are definitely a lot of hubbies who ask me why tg is down when servers are not on the hub, I find it hilarious

we should promote our website more
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #563700

oranges wrote:There are definitely a lot of hubbies who ask me why tg is down when servers are not on the hub, I find it hilarious

we should promote our website more
Pretty much this. Non Event Hall servers pretty much require you to stumble across them by accident unless someone specifically tells you about them.

Back when I started, I picked the event hall server because it was one of the highest pop servers on the hub. I didn't notice there were other (less shitty) servers until I googled tgstation for... I don't actually remember why.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #566681

Auto-Hub has worked well, we don’t want to change this. Though we agree with some ideas brought up in this discussion about advertising our other servers better on events. We are planning add something to the MOTD on events along the lines of, “We have other servers too, you can find them here: tgwebsite.com ."

Headmin votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Phuzzylodgik: Yes.
TWATICUS: Yes.