Dynamic and multiple antags

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Dynamic and multiple antags

Post by BeeSting12 » #561456

With dynamic mode and bagil reaching pops of over 70 players regularly, getting multiple types of antags at the same time is no longer an edge case. Other threads discussed theoretical scenarios that usually only occurred with admin intervention, but this is now an actually relevant issue as players get multiple antags at once and aren't sure as to which one to prioritize, especially if objectives conflict. This thread is to discuss policy implications of which objective takes priority.

I have two examples that have happened in the recent past:

1. I am a round start cultist/get elected to leader. I am later on converted to revs. Which takes priority? Should I be able to convert my fellow revs to the cult? Can I just focus on cult objectives since if Nar'Sie is summoned, the heads will die anyway? The revs ended up getting killed so I lost that antag but I ended up trying to convert fellow revs and just focusing on cult objectives since under my logic, the heads would die if Nar'Sie was summoned.

2. Roundstart, a blood brother spawns with the HoP as his partner. He gets converted to revs. Can he or should he kill the HoP? Is it okay to stop revs from killing him in favor of abandoning him on mining? Can he decide which way he wants to play it without getting in trouble, or is the only right way to play it to kill him?

Policy Solutions: The best way to go about it would be to give players a chart similar to the "is it human" chart showing which antag's objectives takes priority. This does take a lot of players' free agency in deciding how they want to play an interesting situation but it also might be worth the administrative headache of investigating team-kills because of conflicting objectives. By making it clear from the start, players would know (the following is an example and not indicative of current policy) that despite being a rev-cultist, they can't kill their fellow cultist HoP because cult objectives take priority.

Code Solutions: Introduce a way for antags to prevent themselves from being converted. Then, if they get converted, it's their own fault.

Traitors: Free Syndicate mindshield implant in the traitor uplink which prevents conversion to cults and revs. Instead cults will sacrifice them and revs just have to figure something out.

Blood Brothers: Make the antag itself work like a mindshield. Make a message like "Soandso's love for their blood brother overpowers any foul magicks and brainwashing" show up when a conversion is attempted, idk.

Changelings: Brain Shielding. Free evolution that prevents conversion.

Nuke Ops: Roundstart implanted with Syndicate mindshields.

Cult/Revs: Whichever one they were converted to first would act as a mindshield against the other. Might make it difficult to get cult converts but cults are also super powerful so not a big issue.

I deliberately designed these so that security can't just do surgery on suspects to do an antag check unless the traitors opt into it.

Personally I'd rather see a code solution that fixes the need for a policy solution so we don't add to the essay of rules we already have.

edit: Here's some other threads on the issue.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=23372 No headmin ruling.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 33&t=16211 Looks like Rustled said admins shouldn't be making team antags with solo antags active which is obviously irrelevant now due to dynamic.

I'm not going to go back further than page 12 since as far as I can tell this has only been discussed theoretically and under the assumption admin intervention was involved.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Dynamic and multiple antags

Post by wesoda25 » #561463

Really I think code solutions would be for the best
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #561468

If things like brainwashing/abductor/wizard mindbreak objectives could be added to the list as well that would be nice.
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #561483

I don't think it has to be free powers/items just give antags conversion immunity in general.

You can flavor it however you want.
Traitors have some tech/genetic/trained resistance to brain washing. There is no way to remove this resistance or tell if someone has it except by trying to convert them
Same for nukies
Wizards are protected cuz magic.
Lings are monsters that can't be controlled.
Cultists are protected because eldritch god magic.
Blood brothers loyalty cannot be overcome
Revs can't be brainwashed because their mind isn't their own.

Alternatively, if an antag is one that doesn't keep any benefits upon losing their antag status, getting converted can make them lose their solo antag.
(Not a good solution for lings/wizards/nukies/traitors but works for the others.)
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

Post by imsxz » #561506

pretty sure revs+cult at the same time straight up cant happen without 100 threat

not sure tho so if im wrong please please say something. cite actual server config rather than the default tho.

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #561520

imsxz wrote:pretty sure revs+cult at the same time straight up cant happen without 100 threat

not sure tho so if im wrong please please say something. cite actual server config rather than the default tho.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/51009
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #561528

brainwash > team antag > solo antag
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #561616

just make it so there can only be one teamantag roundstart
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)