Amend the Global Forum Rules to Fix Confusing Ruling on Shitposts

bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Amend the Global Forum Rules to Fix Confusing Ruling on Shitposts

Post by bobbahbrown » #564486

Hello,

As you may be aware, the NTR Hut (hereinafter referred to as "the Hut") was disabled following a series of posts by MrStonedOne (hereinafter referred to as "MSO") made on the 20th of April, 2020.

Following these actions, we have now found ourselves in an area of ambiguity and confusion regarding the global forum rules; specifically surrounding rule 9, which states...
9. Shitposts go in the hut.
As the Hut has now been removed from public access, this seems to have become a confusing rule! I would request that those with the power to do so amend the rules so that we may understand better what the situation is regarding 'shitposts' (to which the definition of which is very subjective) in the Off-Topic subforum of the /tg/Station 13 forums. I firmly believe that at this point our players are subject to confusion and undue post deletion due to this erroneous rule.

I hope that you find this post appropriate.

All the best,
Bobbah "Bee" Brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Re: Amend the Global Forum Rules to Fix Confusing Ruling on Shitposts

Post by Arianya » #564487

I don't see what's ambiguous about it.

Also global forum rules are technically speaking MSO's remit, not the headmins, so this is probably better suited to Site, Forums, And Wiki rather then FNR.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #564489

Arianya wrote:I don't see what's ambiguous about it.

Also global forum rules are technically speaking MSO's remit, not the headmins, so this is probably better suited to Site, Forums, And Wiki rather then FNR.
Hello arianaynanya,

I think it is better to say confusing than ambiguous, sorry english is not my first language

I think the current rule is confusing because it seems to imply that 'shitposts' may be allowed in some area, but the area no longer exists. I believe it would be better to state if such posts were disallowed altogether across the forum, or hopefully lay out some better guideline as to what is and isn't allowed!

sincerely,
bobbah "bee" brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564496

bring back the hut
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #564565

Shitposts should be allowed somewhere, preferably in general chat.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564614

Ayy Lemoh wrote:Shitposts should be allowed somewhere, preferably in general chat.
I think we should make a distinction here, though. Shitposts should only be low effort bullshit, not blatantly hostile posts. We shouldn't make General Chat the new hut (IE a place to be a toxic asshole and defend yourself by saying "lmao it's the hut")
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #564626

are people able to discern between a low effort BS post and a post that is "blatantly hostile"?

Like if I make a sarcastic low-effort post because I think what someone did is absolutely galaxy-brained, is that going to be considered "blatantly hostile"?

Then again I'd be fine with telling people if they want to shitpost go on discord for that, so the rule should be edited to say "shitposts go into the discord".
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564650

Cobby wrote:are people able to discern between a low effort BS post and a post that is "blatantly hostile"?

Like if I make a sarcastic low-effort post because I think what someone did is absolutely galaxy-brained, is that going to be considered "blatantly hostile"?

Then again I'd be fine with telling people if they want to shitpost go on discord for that, so the rule should be edited to say "shitposts go into the discord".
There's a line between "here munki pic" and "Jesus Christ I hate this ban this admin should kill themselves the trannymin clique at it again"
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #564660

Hello Bobbah "bee" Brown (hereinafter referred to as "Bobbah"),

You make a valid point. Arianya (hereinafter referred to as "Ari") also has a point of putting this in the Site, Forums, And Wiki (hereinafter referred to as "SFW forum").

Thanks for bringing this to our attention (hereinafter referred to as "attn").

Sincerely,
NikNakFlak (hereinafter referred to as "niknak")
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #564662

NikNakFlak wrote:Hello Bobbah "bee" Brown (hereinafter referred to as "Bobbah"),

You make a valid point. Arianya (hereinafter referred to as "Ari") also has a point of putting this in the Site, Forums, And Wiki (hereinafter referred to as "SFW forum").

Thanks for bringing this to our attention (hereinafter referred to as "attn").

Sincerely,
NikNakFlak (hereinafter referred to as "niknak")

hello niknak,

thank you for this feedback, your support for this cause is just.

respectfully,
bobbah "bee" brown

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564666

We should just revoke all forum mod powers for a week and see what happens.
[this space reserved]
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564675

wesoda25 wrote:We should just revoke all forum mod powers for a week and see what happens.
personally i think this would be a funny idea and i agree that this should be done
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #564676

wesoda25 wrote:We should just revoke all forum mod powers for a week and see what happens.
having your rules stop at "honor system" within a medium where it's not hard to remain anonymous is a real good way to get illegal content hosted on your site
barring that it might be funny but i'd anticipate a rollback afterwords considering the sheer necrospam
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #564682

PKPenguin321 wrote:
having your rules stop at "honor system" within a medium where it's not hard to remain anonymous is a real good way to get illegal content hosted on your site
barring that it might be funny but i'd anticipate a rollback afterwords considering the sheer necrospam
adding onto this, i made the admin free hut because i thought it'd be funny and within 2 days i was told there was possibly illegal content being posted
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #564710

FloranOtten wrote:
There's a line between "here munki pic" and "Jesus Christ I hate this ban this admin should kill themselves the trannymin clique at it again"
Sure, I’m more worried about the in between and how that will be approached.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564736

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Ok but if things go terribly, it will only reinforce our current system. If not, then its revolution. Either way it’ll be fun!
[this space reserved]