About SSD players?

Coloss
Byond Username: Coloss260

About SSD players?

Post by Coloss » #568112

Alright, so a bit of history before we start this discussion:

On my last round, I was HoP that turned himself into a Captain on lowpop manuel round. During the round (around 20 mins in), I had to go AFK because of IRL issues, and had informed the whole crew of me going to 'take a nap' for an undetermined amount of time.

When I was back, I was cuffed on a bed, brainwashed by a traitor that took the opportunity of my IRL issues to actually take me out of the Captain's quarters, brainwash me, and take shit from me. After talking a bit with him, and an Admin (Vekter, biggest thanks to him btw), I figured out there was no protection to SSD players for any griefing, killing or stealing by any mean, also he did have an objective on my ass.

I did accept my brainwash, and went out do my usual shit as Captain, still bound to that Traitor.

--------

Now, the question is: should SSD players get protection from that kind of things? Let's imagine something: someone's game crashed, and while being SSD in game, they reconnect, and find themselves dead, or completely nude. We could, to an extend, only consider this rule for Manuel, as I do understand that bagil or terry aint the place for those kind of rules.
me brain butt hurt so much it has cuban pete dna in
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: About SSD players?

Post by Space Panda » #568113

hello coloss,

if you are playing an important role like captain and you need to go afk for an undetermined amount of time, it may be a good idea to ahelp and ask an admin to find a replacement for you

or you could roleplay and ask the h.o.s. to send a security officer to guard your room while you take a nap

yours truly,

space panda
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #568114

No. If you know you have things to do IRL in the near future uncheck important roles or don't play. If an emergency happens, ahelp and let the admin know so they give your mob to a ghost. If there isn't an admin, and you think inconvenient stuff might happen to your character, oh well, that's unfortunate, but remember rule 10 and move on. OOC stuff shouldn't give you any immunity IC in any way, shape or form.

Coloss
Byond Username: Coloss260

Post by Coloss » #568168

Agux909 wrote:No. If you know you have things to do IRL in the near future uncheck important roles or don't play. If an emergency happens, ahelp and let the admin know so they give your mob to a ghost. If there isn't an admin, and you think inconvenient stuff might happen to your character, oh well, that's unfortunate, but remember rule 10 and move on. OOC stuff shouldn't give you any immunity IC in any way, shape or form.
That's why IC Policy discussion exists, to actually talk about current rules and mechanics, Rule 10 could have a slight chance concerning this kind of situation
me brain butt hurt so much it has cuban pete dna in
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #568170

If someone has something you need and they go braindead, tough shit for them. Screwing with braindead people can only ever be viewed as frowned upon at most. Not saying what the antag did was cool, I went to the bathroom once and came back to find a ling welded into my dorm and killed me. But braindeads being treated as anything other than regular players who happen to be unable to act (or possibly with even less rights, treated similarly to catatonic players) would be bad. Ever since that ling got me I lock myself into a personal locker instead of bolting the dorm shut and I've never run into a problem since.
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #568185

This problem can be solved by adding cryogenic crew storage.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #568193

I do feel a little bad when someone goes braindead in the middle of a fight but it's not like clicking the X on your game window should make you invulnerable
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #568245

This problem can be solved by locking yourself in a personal locker
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #568268

you should hide when you AFK that's what I do.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #568277

your example is what i call "gameplay", i dont see how getting free antag as cap is worth of policy issue, braindeads are freegame for antags
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #568327

you could've just gone afk somewhere secure like security and not told people
but it would be nice if going afk was taken into account by the game as sleeping and there was a semi-safe place to do it (maybe the dorms if the rooms weren't so easy to break into)
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #568329

Yeah, other servers have cryo pods for this purpose. Adding them would be a thing for another thread tho.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #568331

shut up minimod
NSFW:

saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #568369

ssd players cant be murdered unless an antag did it and that's about all
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #568452

im not interested in cryopods, our rounds run somewhere around an hour and i dont want items secured.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #568463

Fair game. Slap yourself into a random locker somewhere, you should be fine. Only way to actually track you down would be suit sensors (which can be disabled) or disky (if you're going SSD you should be handing off the disk anyway).

Not a fan of cryopods, as Cobby said our rounds don't run long enough to really necessitate them and, as much as I despise this way of thinking, we don't need more hugbox options.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
vkalls
Byond Username: Vincent Kallstrom

Post by vkalls » #568477

SSD people should be fair game. However deadchat will mercilessly berate you for being a coward. Also whataver you do, don't hold the disk while SSD.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #568508

Cobby wrote:im not interested in cryopods, our rounds run somewhere around an hour and i dont want items secured.
ok
NSFW:

Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #568518

Our round don't last that long because of he lack of SSD handling
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #568520

i mean maybe cobby's right i haven't played in awhile and this has very rarely been an issue for me but there are times the real world can't wait for you to find a safe place to afk and people won't be pleased if you afk due to your role and/or what you're carrying
NSFW:

delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #568524

I think ssd attacks should stay a taboo but not a rule. Too many factors to account for in other peoples play through to have a hard stance one way or another. keeping it open allows the most freedom of gameplay. If you are an objective or have a controlled item we need that to stay "in play."

If its a really rough break or non antag shenanigans went down you can still ahelp to see about leveling the issue out.
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
Sheodir
Byond Username: Sheodir

Post by Sheodir » #569328

Harming SSD as a non antag = bad, very bad
Killing SSD as a non antag = ban worthy depending on circumstances
Robbing SSD as a non antag = entirely and completely fair, hide yourself better if you wanna protect your shit
Doing anything to SSD as antag = fair game, antag isn't to blame you had to leave

Preferrably always warn an admin you're going SSD as any important role so they can give a ghost a role.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Post by Cimika » #569333

I really think we could use cryopods for one reason : Manuel and its two + hours shifts. Unfortunately, I'm well aware we can't code for one server so I understand why cryo probably won't happen on /tg/. I will say however that they would do a LOT of good for lower pop.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #570864

No, either ahelp to have someone take your body, or hide in a locker or somewhere secure for a bit.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: No.
Phuzzylodgik: No.
TWATICUS: No.