Augmented Person Silicon Policy Discussion

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.

Moderators: In-Game Head Admins, In-Game Game Master

Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
Timonk

Byond Username: Timonk

Augmented Person Silicon Policy Discussion

Postby Timonk » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:18 pm #572113

why and how is a fully augmented person with a robotic voice human? i almost ate a note over that the other week. basically the previous ruling is 5 years old and basically "oog borg is borg human is human human cant be not human"

(this is my second attempt at posting this please approve it)
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel

Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: it's a long story

Re: Augmented Person Silicon Policy Discussion

Postby Armhulen » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:52 pm #572191

I would love a tool or hud overlay that just plain told AIs what counts as human. If we did that, there should be a certain point where genetic and cybernetic modifications make you no longer considered human.

But since this is Policy and not Coding, Yeah I think if you can confirm fully augmented people are actually fully augmented they should not be human
Go to bed bro, she's not thinking about you.

Ayy Lemoh

Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:23 pm #572200

Armhulen wrote:I would love a tool or hud overlay that just plain told AIs what counts as human. If we did that, there should be a certain point where genetic and cybernetic modifications make you no longer considered human.

But since this is Policy and not Coding, Yeah I think if you can confirm fully augmented people are actually fully augmented they should not be human

Too bad changelings and technically abductors (their disguises could be compatible with such an idea though) still exist. Mainly the changelings part.

NoxVS

Byond Username: NoxVS

Postby NoxVS » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:11 pm #572223

Ayy Lemoh wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I would love a tool or hud overlay that just plain told AIs what counts as human. If we did that, there should be a certain point where genetic and cybernetic modifications make you no longer considered human.

Too bad changelings and technically abductors (their disguises could be compatible with such an idea though) still exist. Mainly the changelings part.

changelings would be fine since they are already indistinguishable until they use their abilities. abductors are already able to be seen through simply by looking at them, so it wouldnt be a huge issue

BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Postby BrotherBeyond » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:28 pm #572230

I thought the current policy was if you scan them with a health scanner and it says anythin other than human, they're not human. Augmented peeps are always human on the health scanner, unless they werent to begin with.

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Postby Armhulen » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:33 pm #572233

BrotherBeyond wrote:I thought the current policy was if you scan them with a health scanner and it says anythin other than human, they're not human. Augmented peeps are always human on the health scanner, unless they werent to begin with.

Which is ridiculous and silly, why is android a species and a human at the same time

Timonk

Postby Timonk » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:01 am #572236

if I brain transplant a human brain into a lizard does that mean the human got augmented with lizard body parts
Agux909 wrote:

Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

NoxVS

Postby NoxVS » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:21 am #572244

Armhulen wrote:
BrotherBeyond wrote:I thought the current policy was if you scan them with a health scanner and it says anythin other than human, they're not human. Augmented peeps are always human on the health scanner, unless they werent to begin with.

Which is ridiculous and silly, why is android a species and a human at the same time

Android =/= Augmented human

Androids are a species obtainable through admin fuckery, the magic mirror (I think), or mutation toxin obtained by botany strange seeds
Augmented humans are created by fully augmenting a human, which results in someone who is still human but has the appearance of an android
Androids and augmented humans look either identical or extremely similar, to the point where you can't tell at a glance
The only real distinguishing features are mechanics (Androids dont need to breathe and are immune to radiation) and voice. Androids speak like a robot, but augmented humans can also have the same voice by swapping out their tongue for the robotic voicebox robotics can get.

Timonk

Postby Timonk » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:21 am #572269

Then how can an ai distinguish them
Agux909 wrote:

Ayy Lemoh

Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Postby Ayy Lemoh » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:44 pm #572275

NoxVS wrote:changelings would be fine since they are already indistinguishable until they use their abilities. abductors are already able to be seen through simply by looking at them, so it wouldnt be a huge issue

The issue with abductors lie less with being obvious (despite all the jokes of abductors being bald people, there is a difference between bald humans and non-humans) and more due to the fact that they need their disguises in order to not be spotted. While the AI already can't track an abductor agent due to their helmet, it would be annoying if you were doing everything perfectly yet got spotted due to the AI having a fucking sixth sense that can detect highly advanced aliens however not changelings.

Tlaltecuhtli

Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Postby Tlaltecuhtli » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:30 pm #572278

if the health scan says its human then its human

Timonk

Postby Timonk » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:58 pm #572279

health scan also says monkey men are human yet they arent
Agux909 wrote:

BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin

Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Postby BrotherBeyond » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:18 pm #572282

As much as I love you Arm, that's fuckin retarded. A big part of antags being successful is just keeping their bloody mouth shut whilst they're wearing a hardsuit or whatever, so silicons cant valid em. And a surprising amount of people have felinid race selected but have tail and ears off, which causes them to become a 'felinid-derived mutant'. That'd show on the HUD or whatever.

Screemonster

Byond Username: Scree

Postby Screemonster » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:22 pm #572297

BrotherBeyond wrote:

As much as I love you Arm, that's fuckin retarded. A big part of antags being successful is just keeping their bloody mouth shut whilst they're wearing a hardsuit or whatever, so silicons cant valid em. And a surprising amount of people have felinid race selected but have tail and ears off, which causes them to become a 'felinid-derived mutant'. That'd show on the HUD or whatever.

so make disguises that cover face show as unknown

if someone's an unknown then you can't identify them one way or the other

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Postby Armhulen » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:26 pm #572298

Screemonster wrote:
BrotherBeyond wrote:

so make disguises that cover face show as unknown

if someone's an unknown then you can't identify them one way or the other

agreeable, just needs to have a lot of ambiguity

Screemonster

Byond Username: Scree

Postby Screemonster » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:37 pm #572300

the real trick is that the overlay would act strange if you got laws that redefined "human"

like, coding it to recognise the onehuman board might not be tooooooooo difficult, but the freeform board is where it would get fucky

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Postby Armhulen » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:00 am #572302

I was thinking more of something on the hud, like medhud. When your laws don't really apply, you can just switch it off.

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:16 am #572313

Timonk wrote:health scan also says monkey men are human yet they arent

yes they are
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

Timonk

Postby Timonk » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:27 am #572340

ok time to rescue the humans out of genetics every round
Agux909 wrote:

PKPenguin321
In-Game Game Master

Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Postby PKPenguin321 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:54 pm #572386

Timonk wrote:ok time to rescue the humans out of genetics every round

go for it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:

Armhulen
In-Game Game Master

Postby Armhulen » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:59 pm #572389

monkeys always add good fun to a round.

Critawakets

Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Postby Critawakets » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:18 am #572423

BrotherBeyond wrote:And a surprising amount of people have felinid race selected but have tail and ears off, which causes them to become a 'felinid-derived mutant'. That'd show on the HUD or whatever.

Good. Fuck em, they're literally just banbaiting if they do this.

am gud enineering
scrungo

NoxVS

Postby NoxVS » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:50 am #572430

If it isn’t controlled by a player it isn’t human.

cacogen

Byond Username: Cacogen

Postby cacogen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:03 am #572446

something about the ship of nostradamus
theseus
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this

trollbreeder

Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Postby trollbreeder » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:38 am #572448

NoxVS wrote:

If it isn’t controlled by a player it isn’t human.

Sentient monkey is human? Is it like hulk where you lose humanity from one mutation (in this case, monkified)?
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Head Admin

Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Postby Coconutwarrior97 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:21 am #576932

While this is ideally something we'd like to see we believe it would create too much of a headache for players/admins to deal with. How many parts replaced with cyborg makes you nonhuman? Where do you draw that line?
Its also pretty difficult to distinguish them from regular humans at times from the sprites we've seen. As it stands we will make no changes to this policy

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Keep policy as is, originally I was for this change but after thinking about it some I realized alot of the potential issues which would arise from it, which I think aren't worth it.
Domitius: Keep policy as is.
Naloac: Keep policy as is.

Return to Policy Discussion