Is the BMP Asteroid skeleton an antag?

ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Is the BMP Asteroid skeleton an antag?

Post by ATHATH » #572464

See the title.

Relevant to this ban appeal (not mine), which was closed because no headmins bothered to weigh in on it: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27244

I'd quote my argument from that ban appeal here, but that thread got locked, so I'll just link to it: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 44#p572265

tldr;
Away mission skeletons get the following greeting text:
short_desc = "By unknown powers, your skeletal remains have been reanimated!"
flavour_text = "Walk this mortal plain and terrorize all living adventurers who dare cross your path."
This text makes it pretty clear that the away mission skeleton is an antag ghost role, like an ash walker (if you need an explicit reason for being able to kill crewmembers, you could argue that they're "adventurers who are exploring the final frontier (space)", although I don't believe that that argument is necessary). Unlike the antag ghost roles who ARE restricted to their little "bum around in here and wait for intruders who will never come because nobody's ever going to encounter you" pens, such as Syndicate bioweapons scientists and Cybersun ship crewmembers, away mission skeletons are NOT told to stay in their away mission (which has very little to do in it OTHER than gather gamer loot and escape). Like ash walker invasions, away mission skeleton escapees are effectively mid-round antags (that bring their murderbone victims back into the round as minions so that they can still play the game).
Critawakets
Byond Username: CRITAWAKETS

Re: Is the BMP Asteroid skeleton an antag?

Post by Critawakets » #572467

"terrorize all living adventurers who dare cross your path"

i dont get how its too hard to read this properly as its not even a full phrase

it says that you TERRORIZE (not fucking murderbone unless you do some sort of skeleton hunter hiding in the shadow) all ADVENTURERS (not random station personnel) who dare CROSS YOUR PATH (not on the station)
am gud enineering
scrungo
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #572468

Christ i'll clean this all up, this is stupid

Away missions are so fucking shit why can't we just keep it to the beach and maybe the snowy cabin (haven't checked that one for BS) and leave the rest for EVENTS.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #572469

Armhulen wrote:Christ i'll clean this all up, this is stupid

Away missions are so fucking shit why can't we just keep it to the beach and maybe the snowy cabin (haven't checked that one for BS) and leave the rest for EVENTS.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/52940

there, fixed. skeletons get a message about not leaving, and they will die when they do.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #572490

Critawakets wrote:"terrorize all living adventurers who dare cross your path"

i dont get how its too hard to read this properly as its not even a full phrase

it says that you TERRORIZE (not fucking murderbone unless you do some sort of skeleton hunter hiding in the shadow) all ADVENTURERS (not random station personnel) who dare CROSS YOUR PATH (not on the station)
I'd say that brutally hacking to death and reanimating the corpses of (or worse, enslaving the souls of) everyone you encounter would terrorize the people who hear about your rampage over comms pretty fucking well. Can you get any spookier than ghosts made from the souls of your fallen comrades, skeletons wielding gamer swords, and jaunting golems made out of runed metal that's been tainted by the touch of an eldritch god all trying to kill/destroy you and everything you hold dear?
Armhulen wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Christ i'll clean this all up, this is stupid

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/52940

there, fixed. skeletons get a message about not leaving, and they will die when they do.

Fuck you, this was a fun antag, and you've turned it into something as boring/pointless as the Cybersun crewmember ghost role.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #572493

How is a random skeleton a fun antag, are you high? Is your definition of fun 'If possible I can just kill everyone without repercussion'?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #572494

The academy wizard is insanely fun to defend the academy. it's an awful idea for it to go stationside. Why can't this one be the same? If it requires you to actively leave the away mission and kill people to be fun, why is it even in the game?
trexter555
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Trexter555

Post by trexter555 » #572495

well atleast we know what skeleton is not allowed to do now, all it took was a two week ghostrole ban
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #572503

Yes.
[this space reserved]
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #572580

I didnt even know the gateway was enabled again how many times do we have to go through this spat
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #572601

is this the weekly "I interpreted this vague flavortext/ancient game content as something that would let me murderbone and now I'm upset that I got bwoinkd" thread
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #572605

Post stationstuck pr I'm going to spice up some of those away mission antags
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #572608

Armhulen wrote:The academy wizard is insanely fun to defend the academy. it's an awful idea for it to go stationside. Why can't this one be the same? If it requires you to actively leave the away mission and kill people to be fun, why is it even in the game?
the wiz spawns have an implant which prevent them from going station side........ wait ...... what if the skeletons had one too.........
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #572609

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:
Armhulen wrote:The academy wizard is insanely fun to defend the academy. it's an awful idea for it to go stationside. Why can't this one be the same? If it requires you to actively leave the away mission and kill people to be fun, why is it even in the game?
the wiz spawns have an implant which prevent them from going station side........ wait ...... what if the skeletons had one too.........
Exile implants are poopy lol let me actually make exile implants add stationstuck because that's a great idea

(you know, if i ever get around to it :] )
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #572651

even korphaeron agrees the gateway is gay
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #574904

They are not a full antag, generally with ghost roles like these you should try to stick to the flavor text. Walk this mortal plain and terrorize all living adventurers who dare cross your path." does not mean walking onto the station and killing everything that moves.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Not a full antag, ghost roles like this should focus on the spirit of their role, which is not necessarily going to mean "free murderbone." such as this case where its clearly intended to act as an obstacle within the away mission.
Phuzzylodgik: Not a full antag.
TWATICUS: Not a full antag.