Expand our current ic filter list

Ask and discuss policy about game conduct and rules.
Forum rules
Read these board rules before posting or you'll get reprimanded.
Threads without replies for 30 days will be automatically locked.
Locked
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Armhulen » #577015

It's been awhile since we've curated the ic filter list, and times have changed. Here's what I propose for overly out of character stuff ala "lol" that i think should be added to the config list. If you do not want to bother, I'd totally settle for these terms to be marked as excessively character breaking (aka i can tell people to cut it out). I only care because I think they're sensational words right now that actively push lrp servers in the direction of hippie instead of what they have traditionally have been. Memery or other shitposty speech is fine as always, this only cuts the absolute lowest common denominator. We can lift them if it is a fad like "gamers rise up" was in 2018. god that was annoying back then, but we didn't have the filter.

Did you know the ic chat filter accepts regex? Thank lord it does, haha, or this would be entirely impossible. If headmins show that they are interested, I'll make the regex for you to use.

Based, with no regex. I do not have enough faith that people really say "based on" regularly enough for it to be considered
Cringe, regex'd to only trigger if it is the only word in the message
[thing] Moment, regex'd to only trigger if it and [thing] are the only content in the message
Image Image Image
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Armhulen » #577016

My point on why I think Based isn't worth regexing. here's a random round i picked. I hit CTRL + F, searched "based" and put in every case that was in character. Not a single one was for a real sentence:

Round ID 146775

[2020-09-21 18:44:08.235] SAY: 18:44:08.235] SAY: O0cyann0o/(Samuel Chilton) "based" (Starboard Primary Hallway (181,130,2))
[2020-09-21 19:09:48.630] SAY: 19:09:48.630] SAY: TacticalSpacePilot/(Bob Joe) "based" (Transfer Centre (193,143,2))
[2020-09-21 19:16:43.729] SAY: 19:16:43.729] SAY: Winterous/(Mister Melonbake) "extremely based" (Mining Office (165,153,2))
[2020-09-21 19:18:10.206] SAY: 19:18:10.206] SAY: MarblesMarbles/(Ron Lemon) "based" (Research Division (140,103,2))
[2020-09-21 19:27:23.572] SAY: 19:27:23.572] SAY: MarblesMarbles/(Ron Lemon) "based" (Central Primary Hallway (169,127,2))
[2020-09-21 19:27:50.757] SAY: 19:27:50.757] SAY: Mindstormy/(Smoke Rogers) "based" (Research Division (130,94,2))
[2020-09-21 19:29:19.324] SAY: 19:29:19.324] SAY: Mindstormy/(Smoke Rogers) "based save" (Research and Development (142,90,2))
[2020-09-21 19:30:28.782] SAY: 19:30:28.782] SAY: MarblesMarbles/(Ron Lemon) "incredibly based" (Toxins Mixing Lab (125,77,2))

Same round, search was cringe:
[2020-09-21 18:59:29.067] SAY: 18:59:29.067] SAY: XxJohnMadden420xX/(Cuban Pete) "this is cringe" (Transfer Centre (195,146,2))
[2020-09-21 19:21:21.265] SAY: 19:21:21.265] SAY: CoffeeDragon16/(Mythmi Aguilar) "Cringe!" (Central Primary Hallway (135,133,2))
[2020-09-21 19:28:19.158] SAY: 19:28:19.158] SAY: O0cyann0o/(Samuel Chilton) "cringe" (Abandoned Ship (125,127,9))
[2020-09-21 19:31:51.084] SAY: 19:31:51.084] SAY: Heymynameslouie/(S. Foster) "truly pinacly of cringe!!" (Central Primary Hallway (169,116,2))
[2020-09-21 19:40:29.271] SAY: 19:40:29.271] SAY: Swiftcore/(Jonathan Hardy) "look at this cringe man" (Emergency Shuttle (196,174,13))

Based seems like way more of a problem, cringe has been used way more in half reasonable sentences than based has. "I think "look at this cringe" is fine, not "based, extremely based, incredibly based, and based save"
Image Image Image
User avatar
Kel
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:04 am
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Kel » #577017

not based
Image
User avatar
Farquaar
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:20 am
Byond Username: Farquaar
Location: Somewhere north of Hogtown

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Farquaar » #577021

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only cringe
User avatar
Agux909
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Agux909 » #577022

Farquaar wrote:In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only cringe
oranges wrote:I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't
Image

SPACE JANNIES (song)
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Armhulen » #577023

Agux909 wrote:
Farquaar wrote:In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only cringe
and based, and x moment
Image Image Image
User avatar
Sheodir
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Sheodir » #577024

Based can still be used in a normal sentence, though. If I as a detective go "Based on my findings -" and get fucking IC filter yoinked I will shit and cum and piss all over the place.

Just make people who use it like memes valid. Problem solved. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is no based or cringe. There's only monke.
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
User avatar
Agux909
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:26 pm
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Agux909 » #577025

Sheodir wrote:Based can still be used in a normal sentence, though. If I as a detective go "Based on my findings -" and get fucking IC filter yoinked I will shit and cum and piss all over the place.

Just make people who use it like memes valid. Problem solved. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is no based or cringe. There's only monke.
What if monke gets filtered too?

Nowhere is safe...
oranges wrote:I'm glad you had the intelligence to review your position and understand how stupid it was, most don't
Image

SPACE JANNIES (song)
User avatar
wesoda25
In-Game Admin Trainer
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 pm
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by wesoda25 » #577026

Nah it should stay simple, jannies just need to get scrubbing
Image
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Armhulen » #577027

wesoda25 wrote:Nah it should stay simple, jannies just need to get scrubbing
Yeah the other solution which i'm hoping for is just a declaration that this counts, I'd rather just bring up the question than start blamming people for it which would be unfair to them
Image Image Image
User avatar
Sheodir
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Byond Username: Sheodir

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Sheodir » #577032

Armhulen wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:Nah it should stay simple, jannies just need to get scrubbing
Yeah the other solution which i'm hoping for is just a declaration that this counts, I'd rather just bring up the question than start blamming people for it which would be unfair to them
ban first and they will learn

ban reason: you were not kek
I play Holden Westmacott. Sec/PM main most of the time.
User avatar
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by PKPenguin321 » #577036

you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Armhulen » #577040

PKPenguin321 wrote:you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?
I wouldn't feel the need if it wasn't spammed hard.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

here's a round where based was said 28 times and the moment meme was said 23 times, with from my quick look on the moment search there was 2 times it was the borg death emote, once used in a real sentence, and every other time it was bruh moment or some other variation of that
Image Image Image
User avatar
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by PKPenguin321 » #577043

Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?
I wouldn't feel the need if it wasn't spammed hard.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

here's a round where based was said 28 times and the moment meme was said 23 times, with from my quick look on the moment search there was 2 times it was the borg death emote, once used in a real sentence, and every other time it was bruh moment or some other variation of that
Ok, and?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Armhulen » #577044

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?
I wouldn't feel the need if it wasn't spammed hard.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

here's a round where based was said 28 times and the moment meme was said 23 times, with from my quick look on the moment search there was 2 times it was the borg death emote, once used in a real sentence, and every other time it was bruh moment or some other variation of that
Ok, and?
OOOH so you want me to post my op again thaaaaaaank you
Armhulen wrote:It's been awhile since we've curated the ic filter list, and times have changed. Here's what I propose for overly out of character stuff ala "lol" that i think should be added to the config list. If you do not want to bother, I'd totally settle for these terms to be marked as excessively character breaking (aka i can tell people to cut it out). I only care because I think they're sensational words right now that actively push lrp servers in the direction of hippie instead of what they have traditionally have been. Memery or other shitposty speech is fine as always, this only cuts the absolute lowest common denominator. We can lift them if it is a fad like "gamers rise up" was in 2018. god that was annoying back then, but we didn't have the filter.

Did you know the ic chat filter accepts regex? Thank lord it does, haha, or this would be entirely impossible. If headmins show that they are interested, I'll make the regex for you to use.

Based, with no regex. I do not have enough faith that people really say "based on" regularly enough for it to be considered
Cringe, regex'd to only trigger if it is the only word in the message
[thing] Moment, regex'd to only trigger if it and [thing] are the only content in the message
Image Image Image
User avatar
Cobby
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Cobby » #577046

i can understand lol and wtf and other dumb acronyms but actual words getting banned because it's being used in a context that the internet is popularizing or rather redefining seems really weird.

At the very least do not include X moment, as "blonde moment" is a thing and a fair response for someone asking you why you did something dumb.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
User avatar
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Armhulen » #577051

Alright alright we haven't hit rock bottom, so I won't get people agreeing with me until we get there.
Image Image Image
User avatar
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:02 pm
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321
Location: U S A, U S A, U S A

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by PKPenguin321 » #577155

Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?
I wouldn't feel the need if it wasn't spammed hard.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

here's a round where based was said 28 times and the moment meme was said 23 times, with from my quick look on the moment search there was 2 times it was the borg death emote, once used in a real sentence, and every other time it was bruh moment or some other variation of that
Ok, and?
OOOH so you want me to post my op again thaaaaaaank you
Armhulen wrote:It's been awhile since we've curated the ic filter list, and times have changed. Here's what I propose for overly out of character stuff ala "lol" that i think should be added to the config list. If you do not want to bother, I'd totally settle for these terms to be marked as excessively character breaking (aka i can tell people to cut it out). I only care because I think they're sensational words right now that actively push lrp servers in the direction of hippie instead of what they have traditionally have been. Memery or other shitposty speech is fine as always, this only cuts the absolute lowest common denominator. We can lift them if it is a fad like "gamers rise up" was in 2018. god that was annoying back then, but we didn't have the filter.

Did you know the ic chat filter accepts regex? Thank lord it does, haha, or this would be entirely impossible. If headmins show that they are interested, I'll make the regex for you to use.

Based, with no regex. I do not have enough faith that people really say "based on" regularly enough for it to be considered
Cringe, regex'd to only trigger if it is the only word in the message
[thing] Moment, regex'd to only trigger if it and [thing] are the only content in the message
so you want it no-context permafiltered because you find the word annoying
and yes i know starting an argument with "so you xyz" is almost invariably a strawman but you actually equate it to "gamers rise up" which you outright say you would have liked to filter because it was annoying because it was a fad
i dont think being mildly annoyed is a very good reason for a 0-regex filter or even a filter
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 am
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #580686

We don't have any interest in adding these terms to the IC filter list.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mstachife, Tearling, wesoda25