Page 1 of 1

Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:58 pm
by Armhulen
It's been awhile since we've curated the ic filter list, and times have changed. Here's what I propose for overly out of character stuff ala "lol" that i think should be added to the config list. If you do not want to bother, I'd totally settle for these terms to be marked as excessively character breaking (aka i can tell people to cut it out). I only care because I think they're sensational words right now that actively push lrp servers in the direction of hippie instead of what they have traditionally have been. Memery or other shitposty speech is fine as always, this only cuts the absolute lowest common denominator. We can lift them if it is a fad like "gamers rise up" was in 2018. god that was annoying back then, but we didn't have the filter.

Did you know the ic chat filter accepts regex? Thank lord it does, haha, or this would be entirely impossible. If headmins show that they are interested, I'll make the regex for you to use.

Based, with no regex. I do not have enough faith that people really say "based on" regularly enough for it to be considered
Cringe, regex'd to only trigger if it is the only word in the message
[thing] Moment, regex'd to only trigger if it and [thing] are the only content in the message

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:09 pm
by Armhulen
My point on why I think Based isn't worth regexing. here's a random round i picked. I hit CTRL + F, searched "based" and put in every case that was in character. Not a single one was for a real sentence:

Round ID 146775

[2020-09-21 18:44:08.235] SAY: 18:44:08.235] SAY: O0cyann0o/(Samuel Chilton) "based" (Starboard Primary Hallway (181,130,2))
[2020-09-21 19:09:48.630] SAY: 19:09:48.630] SAY: TacticalSpacePilot/(Bob Joe) "based" (Transfer Centre (193,143,2))
[2020-09-21 19:16:43.729] SAY: 19:16:43.729] SAY: Winterous/(Mister Melonbake) "extremely based" (Mining Office (165,153,2))
[2020-09-21 19:18:10.206] SAY: 19:18:10.206] SAY: MarblesMarbles/(Ron Lemon) "based" (Research Division (140,103,2))
[2020-09-21 19:27:23.572] SAY: 19:27:23.572] SAY: MarblesMarbles/(Ron Lemon) "based" (Central Primary Hallway (169,127,2))
[2020-09-21 19:27:50.757] SAY: 19:27:50.757] SAY: Mindstormy/(Smoke Rogers) "based" (Research Division (130,94,2))
[2020-09-21 19:29:19.324] SAY: 19:29:19.324] SAY: Mindstormy/(Smoke Rogers) "based save" (Research and Development (142,90,2))
[2020-09-21 19:30:28.782] SAY: 19:30:28.782] SAY: MarblesMarbles/(Ron Lemon) "incredibly based" (Toxins Mixing Lab (125,77,2))

Same round, search was cringe:
[2020-09-21 18:59:29.067] SAY: 18:59:29.067] SAY: XxJohnMadden420xX/(Cuban Pete) "this is cringe" (Transfer Centre (195,146,2))
[2020-09-21 19:21:21.265] SAY: 19:21:21.265] SAY: CoffeeDragon16/(Mythmi Aguilar) "Cringe!" (Central Primary Hallway (135,133,2))
[2020-09-21 19:28:19.158] SAY: 19:28:19.158] SAY: O0cyann0o/(Samuel Chilton) "cringe" (Abandoned Ship (125,127,9))
[2020-09-21 19:31:51.084] SAY: 19:31:51.084] SAY: Heymynameslouie/(S. Foster) "truly pinacly of cringe!!" (Central Primary Hallway (169,116,2))
[2020-09-21 19:40:29.271] SAY: 19:40:29.271] SAY: Swiftcore/(Jonathan Hardy) "look at this cringe man" (Emergency Shuttle (196,174,13))

Based seems like way more of a problem, cringe has been used way more in half reasonable sentences than based has. "I think "look at this cringe" is fine, not "based, extremely based, incredibly based, and based save"

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:16 pm
by Kel
not based

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:37 pm
by Farquaar
In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only cringe

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:43 pm
by Agux909
Farquaar wrote:In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only cringe

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:46 pm
by Armhulen
Agux909 wrote:
Farquaar wrote:In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only cringe

and based, and x moment

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:46 pm
by Sheodir
Based can still be used in a normal sentence, though. If I as a detective go "Based on my findings -" and get fucking IC filter yoinked I will shit and cum and piss all over the place.

Just make people who use it like memes valid. Problem solved. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is no based or cringe. There's only monke.

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:48 pm
by Agux909
Sheodir wrote:Based can still be used in a normal sentence, though. If I as a detective go "Based on my findings -" and get fucking IC filter yoinked I will shit and cum and piss all over the place.

Just make people who use it like memes valid. Problem solved. In the grim darkness of the far future, there is no based or cringe. There's only monke.


What if monke gets filtered too?

Nowhere is safe...

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:50 pm
by wesoda25
Nah it should stay simple, jannies just need to get scrubbing

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:10 am
by Armhulen
wesoda25 wrote:Nah it should stay simple, jannies just need to get scrubbing

Yeah the other solution which i'm hoping for is just a declaration that this counts, I'd rather just bring up the question than start blamming people for it which would be unfair to them

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:18 am
by Sheodir
Armhulen wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:Nah it should stay simple, jannies just need to get scrubbing

Yeah the other solution which i'm hoping for is just a declaration that this counts, I'd rather just bring up the question than start blamming people for it which would be unfair to them

ban first and they will learn

ban reason: you were not kek

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:43 am
by PKPenguin321
you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:03 am
by Armhulen
PKPenguin321 wrote:you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?

I wouldn't feel the need if it wasn't spammed hard.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

here's a round where based was said 28 times and the moment meme was said 23 times, with from my quick look on the moment search there was 2 times it was the borg death emote, once used in a real sentence, and every other time it was bruh moment or some other variation of that

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:13 am
by PKPenguin321
Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?

I wouldn't feel the need if it wasn't spammed hard.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

here's a round where based was said 28 times and the moment meme was said 23 times, with from my quick look on the moment search there was 2 times it was the borg death emote, once used in a real sentence, and every other time it was bruh moment or some other variation of that

Ok, and?

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:15 am
by Armhulen
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?

I wouldn't feel the need if it wasn't spammed hard.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

here's a round where based was said 28 times and the moment meme was said 23 times, with from my quick look on the moment search there was 2 times it was the borg death emote, once used in a real sentence, and every other time it was bruh moment or some other variation of that

Ok, and?

OOOH so you want me to post my op again thaaaaaaank you

Armhulen wrote:It's been awhile since we've curated the ic filter list, and times have changed. Here's what I propose for overly out of character stuff ala "lol" that i think should be added to the config list. If you do not want to bother, I'd totally settle for these terms to be marked as excessively character breaking (aka i can tell people to cut it out). I only care because I think they're sensational words right now that actively push lrp servers in the direction of hippie instead of what they have traditionally have been. Memery or other shitposty speech is fine as always, this only cuts the absolute lowest common denominator. We can lift them if it is a fad like "gamers rise up" was in 2018. god that was annoying back then, but we didn't have the filter.

Did you know the ic chat filter accepts regex? Thank lord it does, haha, or this would be entirely impossible. If headmins show that they are interested, I'll make the regex for you to use.

Based, with no regex. I do not have enough faith that people really say "based on" regularly enough for it to be considered
Cringe, regex'd to only trigger if it is the only word in the message
[thing] Moment, regex'd to only trigger if it and [thing] are the only content in the message

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:24 am
by Cobby
i can understand lol and wtf and other dumb acronyms but actual words getting banned because it's being used in a context that the internet is popularizing or rather redefining seems really weird.

At the very least do not include X moment, as "blonde moment" is a thing and a fair response for someone asking you why you did something dumb.

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:34 am
by Armhulen
Alright alright we haven't hit rock bottom, so I won't get people agreeing with me until we get there.

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:11 am
by PKPenguin321
Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:you fr wanna ban people for sayin based?

I wouldn't feel the need if it wasn't spammed hard.

https://tgstation13.org/parsed-logs/bas ... /game.html

here's a round where based was said 28 times and the moment meme was said 23 times, with from my quick look on the moment search there was 2 times it was the borg death emote, once used in a real sentence, and every other time it was bruh moment or some other variation of that

Ok, and?

OOOH so you want me to post my op again thaaaaaaank you

Armhulen wrote:It's been awhile since we've curated the ic filter list, and times have changed. Here's what I propose for overly out of character stuff ala "lol" that i think should be added to the config list. If you do not want to bother, I'd totally settle for these terms to be marked as excessively character breaking (aka i can tell people to cut it out). I only care because I think they're sensational words right now that actively push lrp servers in the direction of hippie instead of what they have traditionally have been. Memery or other shitposty speech is fine as always, this only cuts the absolute lowest common denominator. We can lift them if it is a fad like "gamers rise up" was in 2018. god that was annoying back then, but we didn't have the filter.

Did you know the ic chat filter accepts regex? Thank lord it does, haha, or this would be entirely impossible. If headmins show that they are interested, I'll make the regex for you to use.

Based, with no regex. I do not have enough faith that people really say "based on" regularly enough for it to be considered
Cringe, regex'd to only trigger if it is the only word in the message
[thing] Moment, regex'd to only trigger if it and [thing] are the only content in the message

so you want it no-context permafiltered because you find the word annoying
and yes i know starting an argument with "so you xyz" is almost invariably a strawman but you actually equate it to "gamers rise up" which you outright say you would have liked to filter because it was annoying because it was a fad
i dont think being mildly annoyed is a very good reason for a 0-regex filter or even a filter

Re: Expand our current ic filter list

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:03 pm
by Coconutwarrior97
We don't have any interest in adding these terms to the IC filter list.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.