MRP: Remove murderbone pass from hijack traitors.

annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

MRP: Remove murderbone pass from hijack traitors.

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #577124

Bottom post of the previous page:

This was the stupidest idea ever, for real. Fix it already.

They should be allowed to kill people in direct pursuit of disallowing them to get on the shuttle when it docks or shortly before, and not use getting hijack objective to act as a traitor as one would on LRP.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: MRP: Remove murderbone pass from hijack traitors.

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #579707

Hijack is already hard enough as is.

Youd have an easier time arguing to remove hijack
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #579927

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote: I have no idea how people have convinced themselves that taking the ruleset back in the direction of the LRP rules, of which necessitated the creation of Manuel to begin with, is going to lead to any end result other than TG having a fourth LRP server.
Personally I have no idea how people have convinced themselves that the manuel ruleset is supposed to create office-simulator-with-an-assassin HRP gameplay and scream blue murder about backsliding any time there's pushback against people seeking to increase the restrictions further
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #579940

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote: I have no idea how people have convinced themselves that taking the ruleset back in the direction of the LRP rules, of which necessitated the creation of Manuel to begin with, is going to lead to any end result other than TG having a fourth LRP server.
Personally I have no idea how people have convinced themselves that the manuel ruleset is supposed to create office-simulator-with-an-assassin HRP gameplay and scream blue murder about backsliding any time there's pushback against people seeking to increase the restrictions further
Yeah it is a little weird that nearly all manuel policy is about increasing the ruleset and yet all of the discussion is about how manuel is being dragged into lowrp
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #579947

It's a pretty simple answer, no one is willing to say "when we say MRP we mean this" in a tangible way that people can just copypaste whenever someone hits too far in one direction (whatever that means).
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #579963

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:office-simulator-with-an-assassin HRP gameplay
Made me spit out my drink. Thank you, Dorisdarf.
► Show Spoiler
annoyinggreencatgirl

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #579995

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Since Manuel's inception the murderboning rules have never once been increased, solely loosened. Keep fighting the good imaginary fight though I guess?
If you don't like the server and how rounds there play out, I can probably find some general common ground with you, but when you suggest that permitting murderbone will cure its ails my IQ starts lowering for attempting to listen.

I still keep asking where this pile of bans resulting from antags going too far on Manuel is, which would be clear evidence that players have a real reason to be terrified of breaking the rules in the course of playing antag, and nobody has provided anything. It's coming up on a year now and in this timeframe I think there have been literally two antag related things on the NTR forums? Is there stuff that hasn't been appealed or something?
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #579996

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Since Manuel's inception the murderboning rules have never once been increased, solely loosened. Keep fighting the good imaginary fight though I guess?
If you don't like the server and how rounds there play out, I can probably find some general common ground with you, but when you suggest that permitting murderbone will cure its ails my IQ starts lowering for attempting to listen.

I still keep asking where this pile of bans resulting from antags going too far on Manuel is, which would be clear evidence that players have a real reason to be terrified of breaking the rules in the course of playing antag, and nobody has provided anything. It's coming up on a year now and in this timeframe I think there have been literally two antag related things on the NTR forums? Is there stuff that hasn't been appealed or something?
Just argue for removing hijack instead, that will probably be accepted.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #580014

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Glad to see that annoyinggreencatgirl is in fact, just here to troll from their fantasy dimension where belief makes things true.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
annoyinggreencatgirl

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #580041

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Glad to see that annoyinggreencatgirl is in fact, just here to troll from their fantasy dimension where belief makes things true.
The sole headmin ruling on murderbone since Manuel launched: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 34#p550227
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #580696

This has been addressed thanks to Anne’s porting of a citadel PR as mentioned in this thread. That PR may be found here: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/54146 .
As such murderboning while having the hijack objective on MRP servers is no longer allowed and the roleplay rules have been updated to reflect as such.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes, thank you anne very cool.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.