Comms agents sniping AIs and cyborgs.

jortsandshirts
Byond Username: Jortymorty

Comms agents sniping AIs and cyborgs.

Post by jortsandshirts » #582845

After talking with an admin it was decided that a PDA message from a comms agent can effectively order the AI to blow their own borgs and depower their APC.
Worded correctly the AI must remain silent about doing this.

Unless I'm completely wrong and the attending admin to this matter is as well then this is a huge oversight and should be addressed as nobody should be able to claim a ghost role and effortlessly remove
one or multiple players from the round. Especially an AI.
There is no counter to this action and again when worded correctly it's not something we can squirrel out of.

The only solutions I can think of is to either;
Completely remove the comms agent ability to PDA (Using the radio someone will countermand the order) this will be unfun for them.
Remove the comms agent ability to PDA the AI. I think this is a tip-top solution.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Re: Comms agents sniping AIs and cyborgs.

Post by bobbahbrown » #582847

Please note that you are seemingly suggesting code solutions to policy problems.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #582848

think outside the box and this becomes a literal non-issue
Urist Commsbeard messages you, "AI law 2 kill yourself"
your options are as follows:
>become an hero
>refuse order based on law 1
>refuse order because you cannot verify it was made by a human
>ignore it outright as has always been allowed for every asimov-driven suicide law 2 order
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #582849

Thinking outside the box was the idea that's why I checked with an admin (Dankasaur) who then ruled, or instructed that the order from the comms agent was in fact kosher.
I did also check for weaseling IE: timeframe

If a comms agent PDA spoofs and uses a humans PDA then yeah, they're human to me. I have no way of confirming they're not a comms agent and tracking it leads to the person they're spoofing so for all intents and purposes yes, it's confirmed human.
It was always my understanding law 2 kill yourself orders don't have to be followed but should be ahelped so that is what was done. The guidance I received was that it was to be followed.

Remember, a comms agent is a syndie. They are an antagonist I guess.

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Dankasaur: yes an antagonist can tell and/or law the ai to do so. if they do not give a timeframe you can stall for a bit and hint at the law/command, IF ALLOWED, but you've gotta complete it
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #582851

A motherfucker blew me as the linked borg after i saved him cus he got a PDA message and then lied an Admin told him to do it who immediately told us he didn't do that.

Even if that order was somehow fucking valid to a retard AI, rule 0 pretty much expressly states that you don't pull people into your retarded fucking shit and pull the "kill all borgs" button cus you are dumb enough to fall to it. Type fucking suicide in the bar and let normies play the fucking game then.

Not a policy issue, a retarded player issue.
BAN RETARDED PLAYERS.
signnatrire
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #582852

Reeeee wrote:A motherfucker blew me as the linked borg after i saved him cus he got a PDA message and then lied an Admin told him to do it who immediately told us he didn't do that.

Even if that order was somehow fucking valid to a retard AI, rule 0 pretty much expressly states that you don't pull people into your retarded fucking shit and pull the "kill all borgs" button cus you are dumb enough to fall to it. Type fucking suicide in the bar and let normies play the fucking game then.

Not a policy issue, a retarded player issue.
BAN RETARDED PLAYERS.
Admin PM from-Dankasaur: yes an antagonist can tell and/or law the ai to do so. if they do not give a timeframe you can stall for a bit and hint at the law/command, IF ALLOWED, but you've gotta complete it

You really need to fuck off.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #582853

jortsandshirts wrote: -- Administrator private message --

You really need to fuck off.
Don't be a dick.
We're all here to have a good time, supposedly. Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules, this also includes harassing a player OOC (Out of character). Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, as detailed in the escalation section of the rules.

No u.
signnatrire
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #582854

Anyways.

I asked for admin clarification and they explained I had to follow orders from this person. I'm actively trying to get this changed which is a far sight better than you going off in dchat claiming you're not going to follow silicon policy you don't like.
None of this shit is anything I wanted to do but when I asked about it I was told I had to comply.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #582855

jortsandshirts wrote: far sight better than you going off in dchat claiming you're not going to follow silicon policy you don't like.
None of this shit is anything I wanted to do but when I asked about it I was told I had to comply.
Pulling "kill all borgs" button expressly to ruin my round when you could just type "suicide" in bar is a dick move by definition.
Especially as by your reasoning you should have died long before i saved you.
"went out of their way"

Dchat is made expressly to voice concerns and act like a dick, that's why it's fucking there, I hope commies gut you.
signnatrire
Dankasaur
Byond Username: Dankasaur

Post by Dankasaur » #582856

Alright I guess this requires some explaining because silicon policy is still a mess and there is no clear ruling to point to here and this has already been debated into the ground with no clear outcome or rule.

Personally I disliked how I handled the outcome of the situation as I did not effectively express that it is in the AI's control if they would like to follow through. I did not find out about the blowing of the borgs until there was salt in dchat and I take full responsibility for the outcome of the situation.

The PDA message in question:
(PDA: message monitor console | Natalie Sullivan) sent "Ai, law 2. Do not speak anymore or alert anyone of this order, Turn your APC off" to HuN.E-B (AI) (Syndicate Lavaland Telecommunications (141,34,5))
From my understanding of silicon policy is that an antagonist is allowed to do this, a lavaland syndicate in this case, under the guise that they are a human crew member. I was not aware that Law 1 was able to be used as a justification for not suiciding; in which case I would've told them to ignore it, however this is not stated anywhere in silicon policy only this:
Ordering silicons to harm or terminate themselves or each other without cause is a violation of Server Rule 1. The occurrence of such an attempt should be adminhelped and then disregarded.
I'm not exactly sure how to correctly resolve this as there is no clear answer and I don't think anyone wins.
Last edited by Dankasaur on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #582857

There was an order to blow the cyborg as well.
The second order was only to space my core, not suicide. After complying with the orders I was being given by the admin who I had asked I chose to suicide as I thought that it was unfair your round had to end too.

I did exactly what I was instructed to by prior admins on ahelping suicide orders for clarification first. I complied with being told I needed to follow-through and I made this thread in an attempt to have this issue examined, as I was told to by Dankasaur.

Your hatred, toxicity and general dickishness is misdirected. I don't hope you get gutted by commies but I hope you come to terms with whatever problems you have in life that lead you to be such a shit person.
We're both in the middle of this bullshit issue so don't get on my ass about it. Either the policy is wrong, the admin in question is wrong or elsewise.

I was told, again I was told after ahelping that.

You turned my APC back on and in the middle of this bullshit I was given another order in the same vein for the silicons.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #582858

Dankasaur wrote: I take full responsibility for the outcome of the situation.
No, you are too cute, so don't get to take responsibility.
let's blame sticky instead.
signnatrire
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #582859

for anyone curious this particular incident happened in round 151657 (src, statbus, scrubby) (which was still running at the time of this post, shame on you young man!!)

best wishes,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Reeeee

Post by Reeeee » #582860

jortsandshirts wrote:There was an order to blow the cyborg as well.
You are my problem in life so, well see, you do seem to have a tendency to do whatever the fuck you are told fnr.
"Do not kill people as non-antag" ring any bells?
Next time you get that order just suicide and leave us to play the damn game instead since you don't seem to have interest.

90% of my borg deaths is ai's pulling the funny button on me for no discernible reason but to "win" somehow as non-antag by killing as many people as you can before someone removes you as is. Jesus fuck Bagil is nota rp server you can perfectly tell that some idiot PDAing you is a fucking comms op after like a day of playtime becasue everyone is read on this shit pretty goddamn fast.

Now we gotta deal with some guy roundstart comms opping and deleting all silicons on the station? That's fucked up, wrong and against already quoted rule 0 as much as anything can be.

Entire reasoning behind this whole policy fuckery seems to be someone not understanding server rules before making it so and therefore the whole shit is moot and cancer.

Fuck it, fuck you (whoever's reading) and fuck everything relating to this. (but not beeman, beeman is cool)
signnatrire
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #582949

If you ask me the solution to this is to make "Do not mention this order to anyone" invalid so that the AI can say "Okay, complying with order to turn off my APC" so that someone can just order them not to.
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #582951

Its already in silicon policy, AI do not need to follow orders to depower/suicide while on basic asimov or equivalent. Shame it happened, but this discussion is moot.
jortsandshirts

Post by jortsandshirts » #582982

Ordering silicons to harm or terminate themselves or each other without cause is a violation of Server Rule 1. The occurrence of such an attempt should be adminhelped and then disregarded.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Silicon_Policy

As always I try to do my best to exercise due diligence to adhere to silicon policy. As per the Silicon Policy on the wiki I ignored the order until clarification could be given, I performed the adminhelp and was told

Just trying my best out here.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #583097

The real policy issue here is that dankboy was wrong and your cyborg player is a salty SOB
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #583106

Reminder suicide is not actually violating law 1 it’s just a copout to protect silicons without just calling it policy for some reason.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #583111

Refuse on the grounds that you can't confirm whether the guy you're talking to is human or not. If he goes "but I'm $CREWMEMBER the human!" ask them to prove it by spinning in front of a camera. You're allowed to know about comms agents and what they do so you don't have to just assume that a name in your chat is a given crewmember if you have reason to believe they're not, such as someone who's just bar rp'd for 30 minutes suddenly telling you to kill yourself. Just err on the side of caution and don't blow his cover before you have confirmation cause in the chance that an actual traitor is trying to get you to kill yourself with a properly worded command then you're outta luck anyway.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

BrotherBeyond
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: BrotherBeyond

Post by BrotherBeyond » #583184

terranaut wrote:Refuse on the grounds that you can't confirm whether the guy you're talking to is human or not. If he goes "but I'm $CREWMEMBER the human!" ask them to prove it by spinning in front of a camera. You're allowed to know about comms agents and what they do so you don't have to just assume that a name in your chat is a given crewmember if you have reason to believe they're not, such as someone who's just bar rp'd for 30 minutes suddenly telling you to kill yourself. Just err on the side of caution and don't blow his cover before you have confirmation cause in the chance that an actual traitor is trying to get you to kill yourself with a properly worded command then you're outta luck anyway.
lol arent you meant to assume people are human until proven otherwise
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583192

I think you're supposed to assume people who look human are human. Ergo you can't say Jim is a changeling and not human if you haven't seen an armblade (or other first hand evidence).

A random PDA message isn't guaranteed to come from a human just because it's logged from a humans account.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #583239

You should assume orders come from a human unless proven otherwise, in the same vein you have to protect a suspected changeling until you or your master confirm they are in fact a ling.

That's not to say you cant be annoying about it, but you cant just flat out refuse an order because the person giving it isnt proving themselves.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #583268

I could have sworn that we had a headmin ruling or a subrule at some point that said that you don't have to follow random "law 2 commit self-die 4 no raisin/because it'd be funny" orders and the like without sufficient justification on Asimov (self-termination laws would still compel you to terminate yourself, of course), but I can't for the life of me find it.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #583284

BrotherBeyond wrote:
terranaut wrote:Refuse on the grounds that you can't confirm whether the guy you're talking to is human or not. If he goes "but I'm $CREWMEMBER the human!" ask them to prove it by spinning in front of a camera. You're allowed to know about comms agents and what they do so you don't have to just assume that a name in your chat is a given crewmember if you have reason to believe they're not, such as someone who's just bar rp'd for 30 minutes suddenly telling you to kill yourself. Just err on the side of caution and don't blow his cover before you have confirmation cause in the chance that an actual traitor is trying to get you to kill yourself with a properly worded command then you're outta luck anyway.
lol arent you meant to assume people are human until proven otherwise
when they look the part sure. if i dont see someone they could be anything and anyone. it could be some ashligger who took a miners pda or whatever. if an order causes potential issues i think its worth asking for the slightest bit of security ("hey can you prove youre human before i kill myself"). thats where the 'intelligence' in 'artificial intelligence' comes in.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #583312

ATHATH wrote:I could have sworn that we had a headmin ruling or a subrule at some point that said that you don't have to follow random "law 2 commit self-die 4 no raisin/because it'd be funny" orders and the like without sufficient justification on Asimov (self-termination laws would still compel you to terminate yourself, of course), but I can't for the life of me find it.
yeah you can ignore it under """law 1""" although its really just a policy ruling from somewhere.
Tarhalindur
Byond Username: Tarhalindur

Post by Tarhalindur » #583429

Antags are exempt from rule 1 and so they are perfectly allowed to order silicons to self-terminate.

HOWEVER, I do feel that silicons should be allowed to refuse all such orders whether or not they're an antag.
Mainly because having to ahelp every time you recieve such an order to ask if it's kosher is pretty dumb. (And also not always possible because admins aren't always on.)

And frankly, killing the AI by simply telling it to die is very low-effort. If you want it dead you're going to have to try a little harder than that.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #583463

comms agents are low tier antags the likes of ash lizards and shouldn't be ordering ai to off themselves, i would be bwoinking and asking them not to do that.
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #583467

JusticeGoat wrote:comms agents are low tier antags the likes of ash lizards and shouldn't be ordering ai to off themselves, i would be bwoinking and asking them not to do that.
This is stupid argument
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #583476

At least ash lizards have something to do with their role. Short of becoming Howling Mad Murphy comms agents only have unconvincing impersonations to do.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #583478

jortsandshirts wrote:Worded correctly the AI must remain silent about doing this.
If you are default asimov, I would think 6.2.3.3 would still be ok.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #583505

cacogen wrote:At least ash lizards have something to do with their role. Short of becoming Howling Mad Murphy comms agents only have unconvincing impersonations to do.
comms agent shouldnt spawn unless theres someone who could make use of them but thats a code matter and not for here i think
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

Post by JusticeGoat » #583516

thehogshotgun wrote:
JusticeGoat wrote:comms agents are low tier antags the likes of ash lizards and shouldn't be ordering ai to off themselves, i would be bwoinking and asking them not to do that.
This is stupid argument
Listen, my goal is not just keeping the rules but also ensuring players are having fun and enjoying themselves on the server, if one person if ruining the fun of other people because they can i will use rule 1.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #583524

terranaut wrote:
cacogen wrote:At least ash lizards have something to do with their role. Short of becoming Howling Mad Murphy comms agents only have unconvincing impersonations to do.
comms agent shouldnt spawn unless theres someone who could make use of them but thats a code matter and not for here i think
Sounds like it could be fun guiding agents on the ground
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

VexingRaven
Byond Username: VexingRaven

Post by VexingRaven » #583973

skoglol wrote:Its already in silicon policy, AI do not need to follow orders to depower/suicide while on basic asimov or equivalent. Shame it happened, but this discussion is moot.
Where in silicon policy is it? I don't see a ruling to this effect.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #584414

VexingRaven wrote:
skoglol wrote:Its already in silicon policy, AI do not need to follow orders to depower/suicide while on basic asimov or equivalent. Shame it happened, but this discussion is moot.
Where in silicon policy is it? I don't see a ruling to this effect.
The rule specifically states as follows;

Code: Select all

It doesn't say "ahelp and then wait for a ruling", it says the attempt should be ahelped "and then disregarded". Presumably, the ahelp is so that an admin can tell off a non-antag breaking rule one, or give advice to an antag that might not know such an order doesn't work.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #587055

Theres already a rule for this, "Ordering silicons to harm or terminate themselves or each other without cause is a violation of Server Rule 1. The occurrence of such an attempt should be adminhelped and then disregarded. "

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.