If Hippie isn't a valid "go get time on another server" place, it should be in the rules.

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

If Hippie isn't a valid "go get time on another server" place, it should be in the rules.

Post by iamgoofball » #583766

See title.

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28108
^ Example of the problem.

Hippie is a shitty, awful place. We all agree on that.

However, we didn't have in our rules that you couldn't use hippie station as your time off /tg/ player reference. As one of the few direct /tg/ downstreams with equal RP levels to Basil, players are likely to gravitate towards it.

We should either append that hippie isn't allowed for permaban appeals to the rules, or stop denying hippie station as an appeal.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: If Hippie isn't a valid "go get time on another server" place, it should be in the rules.

Post by Hulkamania » #583770

Endorsements of any kind do not automatically mean they are valid or invalid, they are simply used as evidence. You cannot blame people for measuring up a certain kind of evidence and finding it wanting.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: If Hippie isn't a valid "go get time on another server" place, it should be in the rules.

Post by oranges » #583771

our rules don't say anything about endorsements, because they're entirely unofficial, and up to the banning admin.

They have no special standing, an an endorsement doesn't mean you can get unbanned either.
Last edited by oranges on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #583772

the appeal isnt even answered yet by a headmin why bother making the thread
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #583785

Also, MSO stated on discord that the Hippie host isn't even in hostchat, so that endorsement couldn't be verified anyway. So it means next to nothing. It'd be like going 'my pal Frank started a server and made me admin, please I've been a good boy lemme back in'.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #583792

It may not be official policy but it's been the unofficial precedent for literal decades, and you know it. Either codify it in the rules, or quit using it.
Lacran
Byond Username: Lacran

Post by Lacran » #583803

If an admin is going to tell you to get a recommendation from another server, they shouldn't then tell you, a year later that the endorsement you got was from the wrong server, you're setting up someone to fail.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583804

Lacran wrote:If an admin is going to tell you to get a recommendation from another server, they shouldn't then tell you, a year later that the endorsement you got was from the wrong server, you're setting up someone to fail.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #583825

if they go to a server that isn't worth endorsing they're self selecting out of /tg/ and that's a good thing
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #583846

Hippie reminded me a lot of the school I went to. Somebody should've brought a gun.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

kopoba
Byond Username: Kopoba

Post by kopoba » #583858

NecromancerAnne wrote:Also, MSO stated on discord that the Hippie host isn't even in hostchat, so that endorsement couldn't be verified anyway. So it means next to nothing. It'd be like going 'my pal Frank started a server and made me admin, please I've been a good boy lemme back in'.
Can we have list of servers that in "hostchat"?
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #583860

Admins should make an effort to be transparent and communicative through the appeal process, shit like "go get an endorsement from another server" then two years later saying "oh, wrong server" is scummy goalpost moving. That kind of practice is how you go from a fair community with clear guidelines like Tg to shittermins and their dens of metapals.

If you give an appealer a hoop to jump through make it clear what the exceptions are, not two years later. This isn't about hippie being a shithole or not, it's about admins being able to effectively communicate and constructively establish guidelines.
MrAlphonzo
Byond Username: MrAlphonzo

Post by MrAlphonzo » #583905

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... gs#p470807

Here is their last ban appeal.

At no point in the thread did I instruct the player to go to another server seeking out an endorsement, or any other member of the admin staff for that matter. Nor is any such instruction given in the ban reason.
Lacran wrote:If an admin is going to tell you to get a recommendation from another server, they shouldn't then tell you, a year later that the endorsement you got was from the wrong server, you're setting up someone to fail.
^ This is inaccurate.
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: i love alphonzo and he can be a lot of fun but bro you need to get laid come on
oranges wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:We're all friends here.
What fucking planet are you living on
oranges wrote: i'm not taking advice from a bottom bitch
OOC: IcePacks: vtubers
OOC: IcePacks: anime
OOC: IcePacks: two mistakes mankind has yet to rectify
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #583906

Id be more inclined to believe the notion if not for the fact that if you are in need of recommendations you probably have been banned with the duration intended to have you fuck off.

The point at which you are seeking recommendations and you arent actually arguing the validity of the ban, you should probably drop the "player rights" crap.

That said, ideally there would be a list of servers that we trust enough to nab recommendations for.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #583908

No one is forcing anyone to get a vouch here.

No one is forcing them to use an old dead server vouch either.

Hippie has been dead for what, ten months? On top of no one in hostchat to be able to verify for them on a now dead server?

If they care that much about getting a vouch it isn't hard to find someone from another server able to vouch for them that wouldn't be from ten months ago. Unless they have only been on dead pop Hippie.

If someone is having difficulty and they have to be selective about which servers they can get a vouch from thats kinda on them honestly.

As others said that vouch might not even mean anything in the end, because its more about the lessons learned from a mistake than it is a, 'look I've been good'.
Hugs
Lacran

Post by Lacran » #583911

I didn't mean my statement as a veiled attack at you, nor how you are handling the current appeal, I'm talking about the practice of requesting recommendations as a whole, and how if there's standards regarding these, they should be clear.
Misdoubtful wrote:No one is forcing anyone to get a vouch here.

No one is forcing them to use an old dead server vouch either.
Admins have, and do ask from players to get a vouch from another server to establish behavioral improvement, it should be common sense that making clear which servers are valid for a vouch would be important.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #583917

kopoba wrote:
NecromancerAnne wrote:Also, MSO stated on discord that the Hippie host isn't even in hostchat, so that endorsement couldn't be verified anyway. So it means next to nothing. It'd be like going 'my pal Frank started a server and made me admin, please I've been a good boy lemme back in'.
Every server that regularly gets ~20 players (i think it was, might be lower) at peak, except hippie station, who refuses to join it.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #583918

They sound too based and redpilled to join your model UN and become the cucks they know themselves to be
NSFW:

kopoba
Byond Username: Kopoba

Post by kopoba » #583956

MrStonedOne wrote:
kopoba wrote:
Every server that regularly gets ~20 players (i think it was, might be lower) at peak, except hippie station, who refuses to join it.
Can you confirm this one? https://taucetistation.org/
Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #583967

I have no issue with Hippie station or any station for that matter.

With the ban appeal you've chosen as an example though there was no effort from them to translate their foreign admin status into any sort of tangible voucher. As they did not provide an admin feedback thread on their forums(Which I cannot find a reference to in their old admins or present after several look-throughs) and nobody from old Hippie to talk and verify their claims with this also makes recognizing their endorsement impossible.

Endorsement and vouchers will always need context as well as some sort of verifiable legitimacy before they can be considered in an appeal.

I do not wish for us to maintain a "no vouch" list of servers like you propose.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #584005

Domitius wrote:I have no issue with Hippie station or any station for that matter.

With the ban appeal you've chosen as an example though there was no effort from them to translate their foreign admin status into any sort of tangible voucher. As they did not provide an admin feedback thread on their forums(Which I cannot find a reference to in their old admins or present after several look-throughs) and nobody from old Hippie to talk and verify their claims with this also makes recognizing their endorsement impossible.

Endorsement and vouchers will always need context as well as some sort of verifiable legitimacy before they can be considered in an appeal.

I do not wish for us to maintain a "no vouch" list of servers like you propose.
Perhaps having a statement like this as one of the "ban appeal rules" threads instead of a list?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #584036

MrStonedOne wrote:
kopoba wrote:
Honestly, would hippie be let back in if they asked? Not anymore
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #584091

if host chat is so cool, how come I'm banned from it
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #584159

oranges wrote:if host chat is so cool, how come I'm banned from it
They need some room to fit in everyone else's ego.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #584253

Man down
NSFW:

Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #587051

We aren't interested in adding a list like this to the rules.

Headmin Votes:
Coconutwarrior97: Yes.
Domitius: Yes.
Naloac: Yes.