Traitor lite

A place to record your ideas for the game.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Traitor lite

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583774

This possibility belongs in code ideas but I thought I'd run it through here first.

Ss13 has a lot of mechanics that don't see use because they're either banworthy as non antag but a complete waste of time as antag. Minor grief viruses for example.

If you go for surgery you basically know your doc isn't going to do anything fishy because if he was an antag he wouldn't be sitting in his department doing his job fixing you up.

My idea is what if we added a more minor form of traitor where basically the goal is to be as much of a dickhead in your job as possible without killing people.

Example from earlier - as a doc maybe if a dead guy comes in for treatment you harvest his organs becaise you're a sick fuck and have a small collection going instead of just fixing him. You don't actually have a greenbelt objective to go for so you have freedom in your minor antag gimmick but its stilla ban if you leave medbay to go on a murder spree.

I think it would add a lot of the minor paranoia aspects that tend to fade away as you get more used to metaing the game. Also more regular crimes for sec to look into as opposed to 'shit gotta kill the mass murderer again'.

Thoughts?

Yeah nevermind I forgot that Bagil was a thing, locking this.
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: Traitor lite

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #583777

there is nowhere in the rules that prevent you from doing minor grief, just accept ic consequences if you get beaten, brigged or spaced, surgery is kinda meh it has no in-depth for malpractice, only thing u can do is fail brain surgery to cause traumas, do it as clown if u like this kind of things
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583778

It's my understanding that unless you're a clown it falls under rule 1. Especially with the virus example.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #583779

if u steal the organs for like cargo bounties its fine, if you do it cause the you dont like the dude as he punched you 5 min ago its fine, if you are using organs for your eldritch flesh god cult its fine,if you are going to sell him his stomach once he revives as lawyer its fine, if you are clowning around its fine, you cant break rule 1 if you arent breaking rule 0
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #583781

why would you add validhunters to the game?
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #583783

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:My idea is what if we added a more minor form of traitor where basically the goal is to be as much of a dickhead in your job as possible without killing people.
This succinctly describes how a fair amount of the playerbase already behaves.
stan_albatross
Byond Username: Stan_albatross

Post by stan_albatross » #583873

annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:My idea is what if we added a more minor form of traitor where basically the goal is to be as much of a dickhead in your job as possible without killing people.
This succinctly describes how a fair amount of the playerbase already behaves.
and if you are playing on certain servers it describes how absolutely everyone plays
Karl Karlsson and never anything else
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #583875

How could you think this was desirable in any way
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #583882

some of my favourite traitor stories are the ones where they get an easy steal objective or something and complete it early on and just do their regular job while they try to think of a gimmick then someone is an asshole to them and they make their gimmick "dunk on this one asshole in particular"
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #583883

Why not just softgrief people as nonantag?
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #583889

This sounds a lot like Goon Miscreants. Which were disabled and then re-enabled with new objectives.

Has objectives like shoe stealing, making a second bar, doing petitions and protests, unionizing, throwing parties.

Also has ones about making money, starting gangs, being a nuisance, spying on people, stalking people, and more.

Mostly just gimmicks, and mostly stuff people already do here.

Just a frame of reference.
Hugs
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #583894

Bit silly innit?
[this space reserved]
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #583896

blood brothers except you can't kill anyone and you're alone
Coconutwarrior97
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Coconutwarrior97

Post by Coconutwarrior97 » #590558

This seems less like policy, and more like something that belongs in the idea subforum. So we'll move this there.
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #590579

Excuse me but I locked this.