Post by oranges » #595183

the racist headadmin everyone
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Re: Remove Rule 11

Post by Naloac » #595262

oranges wrote:the racist headadmin everyone
thanks I try really hard
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #595292

I think the problem I see most with how we're handling rule 11 is that it's a bit murky as far as what is and isn't allowed.

I'm still a big proponent for just turning it into a banned word list, but I get how that sketches some people out. I don't think the rule should be removed - I still think it's done much, much more harm than good - but I think we should better refine the rule so there's less ambiguity in how we're enforcing it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #595302

Hey lois, remember that time I @here'd the discord and spammed the gamer word and let defended john irish.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #595410

This is also assuming that rule 11 can be removed at all without MSO's permission.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #595413

It's just an issue of enforcement I think, if the rule is less ambiguous then it loses it's teeth as people just skate around it and rule lawyer if the rule is precise.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Post by Cimika » #595455

As a new Admin, rule 11 is extremely hard to grasp and fairly enforce. While I personally don't use slurs and dislike seeing them so much, I'd rather not have to try and enforce rule 11 except in the most egregious, absolutely biggoted case.
Why ? Because as it stands, the rule is too vague and up for interpretation. A lot of rule 11 notes / bans (wether deserved or not) get appealed because of it.
I would really appreciate a rewording to give more clear cut cases where it can be enforced.
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :